NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

Wonder what the odds are for video streaming when playing online :heh:

Now you're kidding yourself :heh:

Not sure what to think. Looks cool but I don't think it is necessary for me to have it like with the DS Lite. Though last time I didn't think it was necessary for me to get the DS Lite so somewhere down the line I may get this. The upgrades are sufficent enough to have me interested. :D

Though Nintedo DSi I'm unsure of the name too much trying to be like Apple me thinks. :)

will the dsi be region free like the ds lite and will it use the same charger as the ds lite because i might import it.

will the dsi be region free like the ds lite and will it use the same charger as the ds lite because i might import it.

Since the cartridge games are the same, it will be region free for that, since the cards don't have any encoding on them. No idea about the online though. I'd just wait to be safe.

I think it will be like the Wii when it comes to the online side of things. If you have a Japanese DSi you access the Japanese DSWare shop. It will be fine..

Aha, we get this in the Spring, whereas America get it in late 2009. :D The new user interface on the menu looks really nice, there's a few videos and screens floating around of it.

I'm also thinking that Nintendo will release some sort of SD add-on to allow for the downloading of DSWare games on Lites and Phats.

dsi preorders on ebay for £199.99 from futureplayuk way over priced i think.

sorry can't post the link because im a new member

Why would they do that? And also how?

The DSi must have a bit more power under the hood so I doubt just an SD add-on would suffice.

Day 1 for me though, I've still got my original blue DS which is needing a replacement. I want to get a micro though.

One thing though, look at that screencap of the DS trailer on [this IGN page]; do we know what that white / grey thingy that person's pointing as the DS is? Doesn't look like a gamecard.

whats the size of its internal memory? i haven't seen that mentioned?

How are play-asia with import tax? I need a replacement for my poor DS phat.

I got my Navy Blue DS lite from play-asia. EMS speedpost service and no tax!! I lucky though as never get taxed when using EMS or normal airmal. Other people have been stung!

I haven't seen it anywhere either. I'll laugh if it's bigger than the Wiis.

I'm pretty sure it will be, Look at how cheap flash memory is now.

The only thing I hate about this is the name. DSi, really? Urgh..

I'm guessing nintendo thought 'Oh cameras, i - eye. Yeah we're awesome'.

Everyone else just tries to throw it in so people think omg ipod, this also has an i in it.

This looks awesome though. I want a silver one.

Speaking of colours, I wonder why there isn't a pink one. Personally, I'd go for black, but I think the pink lite was really popular.

I read that the GBA slot would have to go. That would mean that you can't play Guitar Hero DS anymore, and that future games won't have any accessories.