NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

With the DSi XL being launched in the first quarter of 2010, I have been thinking if I should sell my DS Lite for this new version. I don't know if It's worth the trade, so, I'd like to ask you what do you think and if there are games that require the camera that worth the upgrade, what about the upgraded battery, screens, etc.

Just as a note, I have one guy that offers 85 euros for my DS Lite. So I'll need to save 100 euros that I'll receive this Christmas to get the DSi XL at launch.

Thanks. :)

Hi,

Im looking for a one or two long lasting DS games that I can play through christmas. I have a few on my radar. Was thinking of Lock's Quest, Dragon Ball Origin, Disgaea DS or FF tactics a2. Does any one played those games or have other good ones? I really want a RPG or strategy/RPG but other genres will be nice to (if they can last long). I allready have Bowsers Inside Story, Scribblenauts, Layton games and will getting new Zelda. And I have playes Dragon Quest, FF remakes and AW titles.

Thanks =)

Hi,

Im looking for a one or two long lasting DS games that I can play through christmas. I have a few on my radar. Was thinking of Lock's Quest, Dragon Ball Origin, Disgaea DS or FF tactics a2. Does any one played those games or have other good ones? I really want a RPG or strategy/RPG but other genres will be nice to (if they can last long). I allready have Bowsers Inside Story, Scribblenauts, Layton games and will getting new Zelda. And I have playes Dragon Quest, FF remakes and AW titles.

Thanks =)

Taking Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy out of the equation leaves me with no other option but to recommend Shiren the Wanderer and Etrian Odyssey to you!

Garnish that with some Chrono Trigger, a dash of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and a sprinkling of Fire Emblem and then wash it all down with The World Ends With You and you will have a very merry Christmas indeed. :santa:

With the DSi XL being launched in the first quarter of 2010, I have been thinking if I should sell my DS Lite for this new version. I don't know if It's worth the trade, so, I'd like to ask you what do you think and if there are games that require the camera that worth the upgrade, what about the upgraded battery, screens, etc.

Just as a note, I have one guy that offers 85 euros for my DS Lite. So I'll need to save 100 euros that I'll receive this Christmas to get the DSi XL at launch.

Thanks. :)

There aren't many games that use the camera to be honest, and the ones that do aren't up to scratch really. However, DSiWare looks to be improving and already has a fair few great titles, such as Flipnote Studio. Extras such as DSi Camera and Music are also pretty nifty. Personally, I think it's a worthwhile upgrade.

Hi,

Thanks =)

If you're into puzzle games, Picross DS will last you ages.

There aren't many games that use the camera to be honest, and the ones that do aren't up to scratch really. However, DSiWare looks to be improving and already has a fair few great titles, such as Flipnote Studio. Extras such as DSi Camera and Music are also pretty nifty. Personally, I think it's a worthwhile upgrade.

If you're into puzzle games, Picross DS will last you ages.

Flipnote Studio isn't only an app, kinda gimmick? I thought that, but I never tried.

And talking about DSiWare games... What games do you recommend there?

Does anyone knows where I can get a or a set of stylus for the Phat NDS? I have searched for it but I haven't found anything yet.

One more thing: Is there any product to remove scratches from the screens of the phat DS?

Does anyone knows where I can get a or a set of stylus for the Phat NDS? I have searched for it but I haven't found anything yet.

One more thing: Is there any product to remove scratches from the screens of the phat DS?

Hmm, I can't think of anywhere specific but have you tried eBay?

henry is like a game I would rate around 70 or somethig cant understand all this praise. Its got buckets of personality and demands a sequel but it's not THAT good like :)

I don't think i'd even put it in the top ten.

Hmm not so sure about the winner they picked. Not a game that even comes into my thinking, but different strokes for different folks. Glad to see Henry getting a nomination! What they showed of Spirit Tracks is the most I've seen of the game yet...!

Ok going to be a new buyer of a DSi...but I want the Red Dsi, you guys from europe have it while poor old Australia don't have it...AND I WANT THE RED!!!

So was wondering...if I order a red DSi...will that effect anything since it's a british product and I live in Australia?

A couple of issues ago in ONM I was reading a review for Maestro! Jump In Music and it sounded great. They gave it a great write up and seeing as it wasn't an established franchise or a Nintendo game this made me think that it could be something special.

I've checked ebay, amazon, Game, Gameplay, Gamestation, Shopto and TheHut and not one of these have it listed. Has anyone else seen this kicking about anywhere?

Here's the review for those interested.

We hate to sound all doom and gloom but Maestro is one of those games that you can't help feeling isn't going to sell as well as it could. If that's the case, it'll be a huge shame because it's a truly unique little game.

Maestro stars a young bird by the name of Presto, who has to free the world's notes from the evil Staccato, a spider with a rather fetching array of outfits. To do this Presto has to run through each of the game's 18 songs while the player strums, taps and rubs various objects to the beat of the music.

These objects range from the basic wires Presto runs along that must be strummed as he passes over them for the perfect sound, to enemies that have to be tapped as a circle closes over it (Elite Beat Agents style). On top of all this Presto has to collect items which sound out the main notes to the music as he does.

Wired For Sound

If this all seems a bit daunting, that's because it is. Thankfully the game is paced well, starting you off with just the basic notes and gradually chucking in new objects and gameplay devices as you progress through the levels. Naturally, by the time you get to the end of the game you'll be prepared for anything.

Frustratingly, by the time you do get to the end of the game you may also feel a little short-changed at first since the songs aren't too long. You only get segments of the classical music tracks and the contemporary ones - which range from the Jackson 5's ABC to our personal highlight, the theme from Fame - are only usually a verse and chorus. You'll probably finish your first run-through of the game in about 30 minutes.

Fortunately, you quickly realise that this was just the Easy mode, and that the game's provided clever replay value by not only letting you play through the game again in Normal and Hard modes (the latter of which is mind-bendingly difficult), but letting you play through the whole song as opposed to just a snippet.

Maestro is a game that should appeal to gamers new and old. It's easy enough for newcomers to get to grips with without feeling overwhelmed, while the harder settings (though occasionally annoying when your strum isn't registered) provide a real challenge for experts. Original, heartwarming games like this are music to our ears.

Fancy a leap of faith on a relatively unknown game? Take our advice and snap this up allegro.

+Charming visuals

+Eclectic choice of music

+Can be a real challenge

+High replay value

-Frustrating at time

I sent an email to Pastagames ( the guys who made Maestro ) last week saying how I couldn't find their game anywhere even though it just came out in November. They were kind enough to send me a reply.

Hi Adam,

Sorry for the delay, our distributor experienced incredible difficulties in having the game referenced in the UK. Seems that this problem is now solved (even if they seem to be out-of-stock today...) :http://www.maestrojumpinmusic.com/blog/en/distribution/distribution-uk-vente-en-ligne-de-maestro-jump-in-music-ds/ You can place an order today, I'm trying trying to solve the problem of shortage today.Thanks a million for your patience and interest, Fabien

Success!

Hmmmm, you know what Hero-of-Time, I think this might just be my first rhythm game on my DS.

Classical music, with a remixed vibe to it, is my cup o' tea!

God blesh ye!

DSi XL arrived from Nintendo today, complete with a giganto calculator, giganto gummy bear, and a giganto mug!

Any questions, people?

DSi XL arrived from Nintendo today, complete with a giganto calculator, giganto gummy bear, and a giganto mug!

Any questions, people?

Can I see some images thanks.

Any questions, people?

Pics or it didn't happen. :heh:

Does it feel too big? Too heavy?

Sorry, I'm working on the pics now. I've been having grief with the thing, it's mostly due to the fact that I can't read Japanese. :heh:

It's absolutely huge, but once I got to grips with it I kind of grew accustomed to it; the screens don't seem to be noticeably stretching images, and as with the DSi the picture clarity is great. It doesn't really feel heavy, but due to its size, it's definitely not as portable as the previous three iterations of the DS (I usually carry my DSi around in a fairly big case anyway, I don't trust my pockets!).

The pen-stylus is great, by the way. Really comfortable. It comes with a longer, thin stylus too, in case anyone was worried about also heaving a giant-sized pen around with them. :heh: