NEurope
DanielTimothy

Interview Tonight To Work In Game

Hey, the title explains it really. I have an interview with Game tonight for a christmas temp position as a general shop assistant. I was wondering if you guys could give me some pointers, I know some/one of you has worked there before (sorry for not remembering who it was).

But yeah, I'm generally shite at interviews anyway, so any words of encouragement would be much appreciated. A job would be awesome right now. I'll post how I get on later tonight . . .

:)

Wear clothes.

It seems obvious, but....well it was a mistake I made at one of my first interviews, and I wished someone would have told me.

dammit rez beat me to it...

just be confident, let them know/think you actually enjoy serving customers, have an example ready of a time when you've had to work under pressure, hat you learn ridiculously complicated computer systems that are in dire need of an update FAST... and if they ask you to go up into the office and fetch them a "long stand" tell them to fuck off.

...dont stand in the office for a long time wondering what the fuck they're on about.... :sad: *sigh* they totally got me...

Be confident and show that your able to get on OK with new people and you should be fine. Prepare a few examples as said above and depending on the person interviewing you, you might need to know a little bit about games.

I actually really enjoyed my time working in Game (Way back when it was still EB). I'd actually quite like to do it again - I'm insane.

If it's for the one in either Oldham or Manchester, the best thing to do would be to slap the interviewer in the face and tell them to hire Aaron.

If not, just act yourself and don't be too obsessed with trying to be perfect.

Good luck.

I don't know if you remember Zelda_Freak, but they asked him how he'd sell them a stapler.

I had to goto a "recruitment night" when I applied at GAME. We had to talk about our favourite game after introducing ourselves. Then we were split into groups and they asked us to sell them something. I had to sell a DS for 60 year old.

When in doubt. Whip it out.

LMAO, Seriously don't. Thats got me into trouble 57 times.

I don't know if you remember Zelda_Freak, but they asked him how he'd sell them a stapler.

They asked me the same thing.

Just keep as much eye contact as you can and speak with confidence. Two things I didn't do.

LMAO, Seriously don't. Thats got me into trouble 57 times.

But think of the 100's of times when it's been a serious benefit.

Its on the interviewing list...(questions an interviewer should ask). First time I interviewed someone I was going through it and saw "tell the interviewee to sell you a stapler" and I was like "what the fuck?" so I got them to sell me a PS3 and then a game and stuff. You know, stuff relevent to the job.

Ah well. Hope it went well. I may have been able to provide you with pointers (because I did conduct about 40 Game interviews) but I am too late alas. But really theres no sure fire method.

Its on the interviewing list...(questions an interviewer should ask). First time I interviewed someone I was going through it and saw "tell the interviewee to sell you a stapler" and I was like "what the fuck?" so I got them to sell me a PS3 and then a game and stuff. You know, stuff relevent to the job.

Ah well. Hope it went well. I may have been able to provide you with pointers (because I did conduct about 40 Game interviews) but I am too late alas. But really theres no sure fire method.

Thanks man. Luckily I've got the job anyway. :yay:

It was a group interview thing were we got put in teams. They asked us to go round looking at the hardware boxes and give them the three main selling points of each console. Our team hadn't really moved and I had filled two pages. I did try not to sound like a nonce showing off, but nobody else was really clued in. In fact not many of them played games.

I'm ecstatic though, thanks for all your responses. Even the penis related ones.

I finally got a job yesterday taking calls for a taxi company where I live. Not an amazing job but it pays better than retail, they have flexible shifts and the work is usually pretty easy and quiet if I take a late shift.

The interview was hardly an interview. It was more like a basic job introduction lol. The day after they called me up and offered the job. I start training on Monday.