NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Marshmellow

Which Graphic Card

As some of you know im building my own PC and the only thing thats been stumping me is the graphic card.

So i need a graphic card that will be able to use this monitor.

I've picked out two that i like evenly but ones more expensive than the other so i need to know if its worth the extra $50 or if you have any other suggestions for graphic cards i shuold buy.

heres the two im looking at buying

ATI All-In-Wonder X800 XL

nVidia 7800

i like the X800 because i can record and pause tv on my pc but i dont really know why the 7800 is still more expensive (im so lost when it comes to graphics)

--marshmellow for Tech/Pc talk--

I'm not all that familiar with US hardware prices, but I know NewEgg are by far one of the better places to buy from. Ebay won't always give you the best prices around by the way.

And that monitor excepts both standard VGA and DVI, so either of those graphic cards you listed will be fine.

So you're tempted by that X800XL for $355 (inc. delivery), which I find to be quite overpriced compaired to this X1800xl for $375 (inc. delivery).

Or if you really want the Nvidia option then this 7800GT priced at $369 (ends 22/11 though at that price) is a hell of alot cheaper than the one listed on ebay.

Out of the two I would get the Nvidia 7800GT purely because of better drivers.

So in future always check Newegg for hardware prices in the US.

Out of the two I would get the Nvidia 7800GT purely because of better drivers.

So in future always check Newegg for hardware prices in the US.

will do thanx mate

--marshmellow for Tech/Pc talk--

Please stop typing that, its not going to happen.

. Ebay won't always give you the best prices around by the way.

man if only i could find that link to where i brought a x850xt pe brand new for £200 back in January

man if only i could find that link to where i brought a x850xt pe brand new for £200 back in January

I do remember that actually.................but I still stand by what I said.

Anyway, some idiot has bumped this thread up from lastyear, so we should leave it to lay to rest.

The 7800 supports Shader Model 3, which previously was not that important, but now, seemingly is more in the picture for more efficient use of the GPU.

(Yes, I realise I was downplaying the importance of Shader Model 3 not that long ago).

Also, the 7800GT/GTX are both much faster than the X800XL.

I'm looking at some auctions on Ebay, what should be a decent second hand price for the 7800?

Sign in to follow this