NEurope
Dan_Dare

Mixtape II: Judgement Day. Closed and dated.

My mix isn't going that great. Who knew making an all riser would be so hard. Out of a list of 20 songs I compiled as potentials, only 5 are of the right kind to make it into the mix. Argh....... Gonna be a little while longer before I complete mine.

I don't think I'll be participating in this after all. I don't think I will have enough time to put some decent effort into the mix and the covers. =(

I'm going to have to drop out of this aswell, my laptops disc drive looks (and sounds) to have died.

It was reading/writing slow a while ago, but still worked. Today i tried to burn a few songs on to disc for my new car CD player, but it wasn't having any of it. Now it just makes alot of noise and is very, very slow.

Sorry guys/gals.

i spent the day at work planning my mixes. One is ready to be burned (assuming I do manage to sucessfully restore my music collection from my corrupted hard drive).

The othe mix is currently just a list of bands i'd like to include.

I didnt pay much attention to what was sent in the last round, so i'm not sure what we're trying to acheive musically. Are we trying to show off how eclectic our musical taste is? Trying to introduce obscure new bands to other forumers? Or just trying to create a good mix CD and not care if the recipient has heard half the songs before?

i spent the day at work planning my mixes. One is ready to be burned (assuming I do manage to sucessfully restore my music collection from my corrupted hard drive).

The othe mix is currently just a list of bands i'd like to include.

I didnt pay much attention to what was sent in the last round, so i'm not sure what we're trying to acheive musically. Are we trying to show off how eclectic our musical taste is? Trying to introduce obscure new bands to other forumers? Or just trying to create a good mix CD and not care if the recipient has heard half the songs before?

Anything you want.

Last time round, I made a mix of artists I love, along with great tracks. I tried to include stuff people might not have heard before too.

This time, the first completed mix is themed around plants and vegetation. So yeah, anything goes.

Yeppy yep yep, gonna have to drop out of this. Just don't have the time to do it at uni at the moment, things is way too hectic like. Sorry!

lawl. Lazy buggers!

... So who is actually doing it? This was just supposed to be the sign-up thread, right?

- Seriously, though. It doesn't take an hour to chuck something together. Think of it as something to do in between hangovers.

rofl, how can you not have time to burn a mix cd? all you do is drag the songs onto the disk and press burn, scribble "my plalist, lul!" on some paper and slip it in the cover, and post it next time you pass a postbox. "too much uni", "no time for this", rubbish! next time you spend 30 minutes watching a tv show, or playing a game, or hanging out with your friends, think "shit, I could've made 4 mix tapes in this amount of time".

if it's not too late, I'm signing up to make up for the lazy dropouts.

If you're like me and a stupid perfectionist, it'll take a whole lot longer than 30 minutes. I mean, I even spent more than an hour just trying to collect the songs I might use. I ended up with over 30 songs. It would've cost me a couple more hours probably to turn that into a decent mix. And then a couple more hours to make two covers.

I need my creativity for school, and I'm already running low at the moment. =(

^ I did what you were talking about, where I had a list of 30 or so songs and I've had to spend ages working on a decent mix. At the moment it's only 5 songs but I am looking through my library for the other 5/7 songs to complete my mix. It doesn't take overly long to do. It just requires dedication and if you love listening to music then there really should be no 'I don't have time' because the fact of the matter is that at some point you'll be listening to music.

Anyways, I'm definitely in. I may be a bit late getting the mix out to people but I'm working on it as much as I can to make sure that I don't send it late. If it is late, I'll put in a little bonus to my mix in the form of an Uncommon cd for relatively unknown bands. I may put it in if I'm sending the mixes on time. I'll see how it goes.

My mixes are finished and burnt off, and Ive made one bitchin' cover :D

Just the other cover to go..

Because I know I procrastinate all the time and wouldn't be able to keep to the deadline, and I realise how frustrating it is to be waiting on something for ages.

My mix is now no longer an all riser. I just couldn't get one out of the music I had. I had about 5 or 6 songs which were acceptable for that kind of mix but that's not enough so I'll be keeping those songs but just mixing in some other bands.

I'll work on my list some point today or tomorrow, shouldn't take long.

rofl, how can you not have time to burn a mix cd? all you do is drag the songs onto the disk and press burn, scribble "my plalist, lul!" on some paper and slip it in the cover, and post it next time you pass a postbox. "too much uni", "no time for this", rubbish! next time you spend 30 minutes watching a tv show, or playing a game, or hanging out with your friends, think "shit, I could've made 4 mix tapes in this amount of time".

if it's not too late, I'm signing up to make up for the lazy dropouts.

Some people think this is a work of art which needs to be crafted, not just some banging ch00ns which need to be burnt onto a disc.

The only problem I think I may have is using tracks from my previous mix. I could easily use the same mix if I get new people.

That being said, should I use pr0 ch00ns from the previous mix, because they might be so sexy they deserve to be unleashed upon the masses once more.

I have to say, I too don't understand everyone dropping out.

But then I make playlists pointlessly whenever I'm bored...maybe I've got it down to an art?

actually I've decided to extend the deadline as we've had 3 drop outs. I'll close it...whenever, really.