NEurope
Dan_Dare

Mixtape II: Judgement Day. Closed and dated.

ME ME ME!

This time, I'm gonna do a theme, rather than just a cross section of goodness.

Lucky you.
I'll do it!!

But I must say, I was very disappointed with the last attempt, only receiving a meagre 1 tape!!

You guys not get anything at all? I left my text-file with who-sent-who-stuff back in brighton so I can't say for sure who you should've got stuff off. I think part of the blame lies at my feet for you not enjoying the experience fully last time. I will buy a spindle of 50 CDs, and I'm willing to send out more than two mixes to make up for the last round. I'll put you guys down for one.

I was lucky enough to receive three in the last round. Paj, I believe I owe you a mixtape. Though it could be calza. My memory is really bad, sorry!

I just like to ask: Are cassettes okay?

If I was to do this whole shebang, it would be easier for me to make my mixtape on a blank cassette rather than a blank CD (got feckin' loads of tapes.). But as they're obsolete, does anybody still have any tape players nowadays?

Cassettes aren't ok :P I certainly don't have a tape player. Is that seriously easier for you? Surely burning a CD is waaaay easier.

I'm not committing myself yet, but I'll probably take part. I'll have a nose around my library and give it a think, and I'll get back to you if I come away inspired.

DO IT! Seriously. Do it :P

I did the last mixtape off of my brighton PC; this one will be from my sheffield laptop, so should be vaguely different. Fortunately i guarentee some mewithoutYou on the disc, regardless! Hoorah!

I had much fun last time. And received two awesome mixes. Yet, I've just started Uni, so I know I'll end up not making the deadline.

I got one Mixtape. I have no idea if I should have another one. I did love the one I got though!

I'd do it, but you'd get Rick Roll'd on every track.

That and I'm infinity lazy/busy/have awful music taste.

I tell you what... trying to make an all riser mix is turning out to be quite hard. I have about 6 potential songs along with a confirmed one that I'm trying out to see if they work together. Oh, and my mix is a rock and roll one at the moment. I haven't started going through my metal stuff so it'll be a mixture of that and the sub-genres in between.

Was thinking of doing two mixes, one being my all riser and another cd filled with songs by unknown/small artists. Haven't decided whether or not to do that as well yet.

I'd do it, but you'd get Rick Roll'd on every track.

That and I'm infinity lazy/busy/have awful music taste.

You should do it!! I'll help with cover art/posting :D

Cassettes aren't ok :P I certainly don't have a tape player. Is that seriously easier for you? Surely burning a CD is waaaay easier.

I doubt it, unless there was a way of doing it on the PC that I don't know about. Whereas putting them onto blank cassette tapes would be a piss in the park for me. ::shrug:

I doubt it, unless there was a way of doing it on the PC that I don't know about. Whereas putting them onto blank cassette tapes would be a piss in the park for me. ::shrug:

Windows Media Player?

What editing software are people using for this? Some of these songs have painfully long silences at the end of the file I'd quite like to trim off.

What editing software are people using for this? Some of these songs have painfully long silences at the end of the file I'd quite like to trim off.

Audacity is free and good for little editting jobs like that. Anything else though, and its awful.

Lol @ assuming it's easier to make a literal tape, than a CD.

I want to make possible themed playlists now. I'm in an energetic and happy mood.

Audacity is free and good for little editting jobs like that. Anything else though, and its awful.

I use Goldwave myself.

Audacity isn't bad for mixing multi tracks together and playing them at the same time. It's too much hassle in Goldwave.

For those of you who I have yet to give the tape to...I do apologise! It is on its way, now that my computer problems have been sorted (new laptop!), and I'll be sorting it out in a short while. :)

Will try and throw in something a little extra for your patience.

yeah quick note: cassette's are not an option. I for one can't play them easily. Pretty sure most people would either have trouble or just plain prefer the CD. Thems the rules, gringos.

When were you planning to finish this young Daniel? Because (as you are well aware) I want to do this but am internetless. Obviously I can still bang together a mix cd sans internet but I don't want to find out suddenly I've missed all the hubub.

not just yet. Needs about a week or two for people to bang together some playlists so if you get started and keep an eye out you'll be OK.

I'm up for it :yay: just trying to think of maybe having a theme, I got loads of different music so plenty to play with!!! - Actually I'll have a proper think when I'm a bit more awake!!

I'll be up for this again. My last CD was crap (or so i got the impression from others) so this time i will make it harder, better, faster and stronger.

As for last time, i only recieved 1 aswell.

good to see there's alot of interest :)

slight cock up my end- sound card appears to be telling me to kindly get fucked again. Can't really put a good mix together in this state. I'll get started in a couple of days whenever this bloody machine wants to play nice.

....can i play?? (O 3 O)

i mean ~ are people willing to post to japan??

i also only got one CD last time around... (but t'was awesome, wes!! ^_^)