NEurope
Dan_Dare

Mixtape II: Judgement Day. Closed and dated.

actually I've decided to extend the deadline as we've had 3 drop outs. I'll close it...whenever, really.

A taste of things to come.

A wise man once said to a store clerk when he tried to ID him:

"C'maaan, don't bullshit me."

Right, I've got my tracks and I'm just sorting out their order. What are people using to edit/minimalise the silence between tracks?

edit: giving the mix a listen to now to see if the order is good. The mix is, to put it nicely, all over the place in terms of the music with there being 6 male fronted band songs and 6 female fronted band songs. But it's mainly a showing of what I listen to with a few lesser known bands thrown in so as to help possibly spike some interest in them.

Man, I'd love to do this again. Portlett's CD was indeed banging. Really don't think I'll have time though as barely even have time to shower recently. It's a very unforgiving schedule.

As for Japan, that should be absolutley fine to send CD's to. I got two CD's from a girl out there who I'd never met before or a Japanese band I found online once.

Tried to burn a CD for my friend yesterday and he said it was jumping all over the place, and 6 of the tracks didn't work :(

I shall try and get it sorted / find another computer with a writable drive.

Yo!

been a bit quiet about this but I'm closing the thread, pm-ing everyone involved and setting the close date.

If you could all be ready to post your CDs on Monday 20th October, much appreciated.

My mix is ready to burn. Just need to get hold of another CD and case for it and then do the artwork, although I'm not very good with that part so it may look like cack but I'll see what I can do. Going for an 80's/Iron Maiden style cover. Kind of. Hard to explain.

I'll find tracks to burn some point over the next couple of weeks. It'll be ready for postage by the deadline.

Question; Am I supposed to put my name on the cover art, or is it meant to be anonymous?

Righto, just making the mix now. I think I can bang it out within an hour. And that's with watching Neighbours.

EDIT: Done.

Discs are burned, 10 of the best tracks by my favourite band, sadly no cover as I've run out of printer paper.

oh, yeah so it was.

oops.

Sorry guys been hella busy. I'll sort PMs for a weekend post off.

C'maaan Dan, don't bullshit us. Wassahappanin?

On a side note: thirtynine, I just had the mix I sent you last time returned to me. With 6p unpaid postage deficient fee: 6p, and a £1 handling fee.

I haven't paid yet.

If the sending list isn't sorted by Dan, I'll put my name in the hat to sort it out. I've got one disc burned and forgot about the other one. Really need to go and buy cds.

Damn I missed this, not sure how :(

Although seem's like it wasn't that well organised.....Dan if anyone has dropped out or is missing a CD I'll happily stand in, got a play list and CD's ready to go go.

Also, is there not some horrible infringement of copyright going on here?

If there is, then they can shove it. People have been making mixtapes for years and no one has ever been nailed for it. It's alright if you've paid for the music on the cd but not alright if you've gotten hold of it for free (unless you've put music on the mix that you obtained through one of those cds they give away in the newspaper, in which case it's fine).

Damn I missed this, not sure how :(

Although seem's like it wasn't that well organised.....Dan if anyone has dropped out or is missing a CD I'll happily stand in, got a play list and CD's ready to go go.

Also, is there not some horrible infringement of copyright going on here?

You can have my place; havn't got a playlist sorted or anything. : peace: