NEurope
DazDude

cool christmas lights

brilliant. but they are called winter lights now not christmas lights. lets be politically correct.

brilliant. but they are called winter lights now not christmas lights. lets be politically correct.

What are you, Muslim?

Yeh, those Christmas lights rock. :awesome:

Let's not. Why would people celebrate Winter? Why not put Summer lights up too? They're Christmas lights, we're celebrating Christmas.

Cool lights though!

that is on crazy vid! loving the lights!

...What else is there to love about it? :heh:

Yeah, very cool vid, saw it a few days ago but didn't feel it was worth creating a new thread for, but whatever :hehe: .

Winter Lights?

God I hate all this PC crap, if you have to call them something other than Christmas lights then I suppose "Holiday Lights" would be better, "winter lights" though?

just wondering, is this a real house or a computer generated model, and if its a real house were in the world was it?

just wondering, is this a real house or a computer generated model, and if its a real house were in the world was it?

Was wondering at first if it was real too, but I think it is. And it would most likely be somewhere in one of those United States.

Quote from the boyfriend: "That looks like a house from my street...".

Yeah, they do go a bit of the top with Christmas lights in the states don't they. Some treat it as a competition who can have the most extravagant, tacky display.

if had had lights like that, id charge people to see them, £3.50 a ticket, and if you causally walk past tough luck. LOL.

Well, there are even contests in neighborhoods there to see who has the nicest set-up and stuff. So yeah.

When I went over there last year, I thought it was funny to see all the stuff people put up. Like reindeer in front of their house, or a big inflatable Santa on the roof... Funny stuff, especially when it's like 15-20°C outside. Seems so out of place.

still, it must be nice to see lights like that, over here in england you are lucky to see a set of flashy lights on windows, let alone a giant santa on the roof.

The electricity bill must be astounding! If them light were going like that every day that would drive me crazy! only the americans :heh:

The electricity bill must be astounding! If them light were going like that every day that would drive me crazy! only the americans :heh:

i dunno, i do no that if every light bulb in your house was on all day it would cost ya 12 pence, as they do not cost much, and i do agree that it would get extremly annoying, expecially id it made noises aswell, but that is probably why they have springfield. (no offence to any1)

Yeah but how many thousands of light bulbs does that take? say 2 thousand? 2000 x 12p = 2400p ie 24 quid.

Edit: and the thing that makes the lightbulbs flash in sequence probably runs a lot of electricity too