NEurope
Chris the great

Rate the last game you played

X-Men Legends II

I love playing with just one character.

Yes, Storm, you ARE stunning.

8/10

BioShock

Only thing to point out really is that it climaxed a bit too early (would you kindly?) and the end felt a bit sub par compared to that. Regardless, compared to other videogames, it's still sublime.

9/10.

One of the best games I've ever played, and possibly the best I've played this generation.

Why not Penguin you gamed? Makes grammatical and situational sense.

Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core

Pretty gosh darn good. The fights remind me of Knights of the Old Republic in the sense that they're not quite real time and not quite turn based. I can't comment on the story since I'm not that far in and I don't know enough about FF7 to comment on the relevance.

8/10

Based on first impressions.

The Chronicles of Riddick - Escape from Butcher Bay (2009 Version)

I played the original when it came out, it was brilliant then and it is just as brilliant now. It has a good storyline that is motivating from start to finish and the gameplay has nice variations between stealth and shooting. The characters are also interesting and Riddick has a lot of cool one-liners. I especially liked the interaction with the other prisoners, giving it a few RPG elements. The hand to hand combat was really cool as well. Overall a very good game that is motivating from start to finish and although they "only" beefed up the original engine is still looking good. The shooter controls are a bit doggy though, the crosshair is somehow lagging and the AI's aimbot is really noticable.

8.5/10

inFAMOUSE

(as a hero)

i liked it. good controles, good comabat, good sense of freedom and power. the story was alright. all in all, a very good game

9/10

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

I really can't understand what all the critics were going on about. I actually enjoyed it a lot, however characters and storyline are not as well developed as they were in Escape from Butcher Bay, but the good gameplay stays the same and I actually liked the stronger emphasis on shooting - especially that Scar gun was so much fun to use. What I didn't like though were the slightly lagging shooter controls but after some getting used to it wasn't that much of a problem. The leveldesign is really good as well and I'm quite happy how they keep it strictly linear with little backtracking and yet manage to direct you to the same central places a few times.

At first the addition of that little girl to the storyline felt kind of weird but in the end I actually cared for her, as did Riddick sort of.

7.5/10

Guilty Gear X

I just love this game, it´s so bizarre but in a very cool way.

It has sizeable character roster and everyone has their own unique moves and is pretty balanced.

Add some pretty sweet music that the game has and you got yourself a good fighting game.

Also, it´s really fucking hard!

crazy-taxi-_4.jpg

Crazy Taxi. So gooooood! Borrowed it after having not played it for ages on PS2, shouldn't have sold it.

9/10

^ Haven't played that in ages. Need to dig out my Dreamcast copy. HAs such a great soundtrack, even if it is only 4 songs by the same band.

------------

Night at the Museum 2 (Wii)

Was told to play through this for a review so I reluctantly did as such. It's not bad though. Some humorous bits and some genuinely good ideas that although not hitting it spot on have potential should they make another one or a spin off. Graphics are decent, which is strange for a movie tie-in and even stranger was the fact the Wii was the lead platform. It's dogged by frame rate issues though. And it's very, very short. Took me just over 2 hours. Won't play it again but the time I spent on it was enjoyable and gives you just the right amount to do.

6 out of 10

Yeah it's such an awesome game, and I don't even think there are 4 songs lol. At least 2, but it doesn't matter when the 'All I Want' song is so awesome. A couple of the challenges are bloody insane though.

X-Men Legends II

I finished the second one, Psylocke killing Master Mold with a final Psychic Hammer. Now onto part II. Come on, Scarlet Witch!!!!

xmenscarletwitch1xmenlegendsii_2.jpg

MOAR POWER

hahaahahahaha

-----

Riddick: Assault On Dark Athena

Still on the Butcher Bay chapter of the affair but this is a great update. The engine is on freaking crack or something it's so pumped up. Some years on and the game continues to impress with it's empowering, physically aware portrayal of Vin Himself as the predatory protagonist. Almost entirely due to lighting alone, the sense of lethality imbued in your actions as you stalk from the shadows is genius. Far ahead of it's time in many ways, this is still solid gold stuff.

Everybody's Golf 2

This game is so addictive! Ive been playing it loads since I bought it, its stopped me playing Vice City Stories apart from the initial quick test. Really nice to get a simple game that keeps me interested again and that I can just pick up and play.

Saints Row 2

Destroys GTA4 in every single way. Lots of fun, varied missions and tonnes of extra stuff that I haven't gotten round to.

Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis

Fantastic game. Really good point and click adventure which has a great story behind it and some lengthy puzzles.

8 out of 10

---------

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (Wii)

Hmmm... it looks great, really digging the art style, but I'm not really feeling it at the moment. Need to play it more but it's not grabbed me in the same way that Secret Files 2 did.

6 out of 10

---------

De Blob

Thank you work for sending this through. Been 9 months since I last played it and it's such a joy to play. The music, the graphics, the gameplay... all spot on and perfect. Controls still irritate me now like they did all those months ago.

9 out of 10

Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis

Fantastic game. Really good point and click adventure which has a great story behind it and some lengthy puzzles.

8 out of 10

---------

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (Wii)

Hmmm... it looks great, really digging the art style, but I'm not really feeling it at the moment. Need to play it more but it's not grabbed me in the same way that Secret Files 2 did.

6 out of 10

---------

De Blob

Thank you work for sending this through. Been 9 months since I last played it and it's such a joy to play. The music, the graphics, the gameplay... all spot on and perfect. Controls still irritate me now like they did all those months ago.

9 out of 10

Are the Secret Files games actually really good then? I've seen the first game pretty much everytime I've walked into town, but I've never heard it being touted on here much.

I haven't played the first one but according to the box of the second, it's a direct sequel and seeing as I really enjoyed this one I reckon I'd enjoy that. It is good but it can be tricky at times, and with very little in the way of help or hints from the game you can end up wandering around aimlessly. That's the main problem with it.

I'd say, if you can find it cheap enough then give it ago as it's worth it, especially if you a fan of the old school point and click stuff.

I haven't played the first one but according to the box of the second, it's a direct sequel and seeing as I really enjoyed this one I reckon I'd enjoy that. It is good but it can be tricky at times, and with very little in the way of help or hints from the game you can end up wandering around aimlessly. That's the main problem with it.

I'd say, if you can find it cheap enough then give it ago as it's worth it, especially if you a fan of the old school point and click stuff.

Ok, nice one dude. I might try and get the first game and see how I feel about that.