NEurope
Chris the great

Rate the last game you played

What you put in the spoiler doesn't happen on the Wii, both of the games are 99.9% different (0.1% would be the fact it's Wolverine :p)

Really, is it that different? The story must be the same, no?

Dunno about that Daft. Didn't know it even re-did stats!

From what I've read it wipes the stats if you start a new game. Just wondering if when you replay an old level it counts towards the stats you already have. I should really try it out and check but I want to complete the game first.

Love this game. They've just nailed Hugh Jackverine.

Bionic Commando Multi-demo

At first I was not sure what to think of it but in time I learned the controls (It took me 2 games to realize how the arm works....) and I really like it, has some very sweet ragdoll physics and animations.

Swinging around with the arm is good fun and the "death from above" gave me a new purpose in the game, see how many I can trough of the building.

Before I was not really keen on getting this game but now I this caught my interest.

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 8/10

Bought this recently as I thought it was quite cheap - £10 - and although I normally hate strategy games I really like this :D Gameplay is very addictive and the presentation is very nice, if slightly childish. There is a whole lot to do and I find it very difficult to get bored when playing.

Timesplitters 3

This game is unbelievably good. So many options, classic multiplayer

10 / 10

Really, is it that different? The story must be the same, no?

I've only played a little of the 360 version and the gameplay, layout, controls, how he attacks, some levels, start of the game even, all completely different. The story is kind of the same but not the same if you get my drift.

In the Wii version, you start the game off in the woods then you hear Kayla scream and you go to find her. In the360 version, you're in the forest. About the second or third level in the Wii version, you fight Creed on a truck, you don't on the 360.

It's a shame really because I think the 360 version is better than the Wii version but I'm kind of wondering why they completely changed the gameplay and stuff when the Wii could have handled that with downgraded graphics.

Yeah, that is weird.

Just completed it on the PS3. I only need one more trophy for the Platinum and since I've never got all the trophies/achievements on a game before I'm aiming for that. It's the run through on hard...which at the moment isn't that much harder. I'm probably using quick kill a lot more, though.

Awesome game.

Broken Steel DLC for Fallout 3.

Pretty decent - the actual story side of things was a nice addition but the Air Force Base got boring quickly. The new quests get a boring 6/10 even if there was some good combat, there wasn't enough choice. The only huge change you can make is to

decide whether to destroy the Enclave base or the Citadel - home of the Brotherhood of Shadows.

The rest of it gets a big one-up though. The level cap, new perks, weapons and enemies are great and add a lot to the game. Overall 8/10, worth the 800 points if you enjoy Fallout 3 enough to want to extend your play time.

Was looking forward to posting in here that I'd been playing Sonic X-Treme but alas it's not working. Not impressed. Doesn't seem to be booting which is a real pain because I was really looking forward to trying it, even if it is only a tech demo. Will have to make do with videos of it until I can figure it out. Music is awesome in it though and I sort of wish they'd resurrect the project because it has all the making of a decent sonic game.

Was looking forward to posting in here that I'd been playing Sonic X-Treme but alas it's not working. Not impressed. Doesn't seem to be booting which is a real pain because I was really looking forward to trying it, even if it is only a tech demo. Will have to make do with videos of it until I can figure it out. Music is awesome in it though and I sort of wish they'd resurrect the project because it has all the making of a decent sonic game.

I really don't see how that game would have been so brilliant.

You can barely see anything to your left or right and walking into the camera is evil since you can't see much other than Sonic himself. That "fish-eye" lens makes judging some stuff look borderline impossible.

Level design, from what I could tell, looks like a cobbling together of bits and pieces, rather than being an actual world or area with any kind of flow.

I'll agree that the music I heard from it does sound pretty good though, but then Sonic music always does to my ears.

Played 3 games today:

War Hawk (PS3)

Rad. A pretty big multiplayer team game where you take control of either a foot soldier, ground vehicle or a sort of jump jet style plane. The balancing of the units it pretty impressive, ground units aren't as useless as they would seem. I haven't played it that much but I'll give it a score based on first impressions:

8/10

Rogue Galaxy (PS2)

Didn't work. Boo! Was really looking forward to playing it as well. It looked like Skies of Arcadia set partly in space. I was so excited!

Pissed on my dreams/10

Scrapland (Xbox)

Meh. Feels like a bit of an awkward platformer type thing with flying vehicle sections. Might be a bit better once the story has kicked in. First impressions:

6/10

Mass Effect

Just complted it and i enjoyed almost every minute of it.

The story line was easy to follow, and the game was filled with many interesting things.

The characters were well written, their personallities ranged from Noble to cowardly.

I loved how Ashley was racist towards the other aliens, this made things a lot more realistic.

The final boss was a bit easier than i would have liked, but he was still tough.

Half way through i did wish id been a bit more open to the other guns, but i never used anything other than the pistol and my biotic powers.

Overall i loved this game and may play it through again in the future, try being 100% paragon whilst exploring different bits of the story.

I would say this is a game that people even as bad as me can play, it has a nice difficulty curve and its easy to pick up.

Difficulty 6/10

Overall Rating 8.5/10

I would suggest other people get this game, its not your average shoot em up.

Ready 2 Rumble Revolution

I wish I could get back the half an hour spent on this but it's impossible. This is just god awful it shouldn't have been allowed to market but clearly Atari were desperate for some money. Glad I didn't pay for it but I wouldn't have paid for it in the first place and even having been given it for free from work, if I had the opportunity I'd have thrown it back in the boss' face. It's just so bad.

Dead Space

Finished it today. The strategic dismemberment was cool in the beginning but got a bit dull later on. Due to extensive advertising most of what was happening was pretty clear early on. The missions just contained of going from A to B to C and back to A and had very little story elements. The only thing that really kept me going was a sudden urge to complete unfinished games.

6/10

Watchmen: The End is Nigh

Another game I decided to complete today. It's pretty short and the story only really picks up towards the end but fighting is fun although a bit too simplistic. Most of the time I only needed two buttons, later on I had to use four. It's an episodic game though, so there's more to come. But it's little more than a timewaster.

4.5/10

Starship Troopers

Stopped playing this ages ago although or because I was really close to the end. Anyways I finished it today as well. It's really fun in the beginning, shooting endless hordes of bugs and then some more but if you see endless streams of them coming out of a "spawn hole" for the x-th time it gets a bit tedious. In later levels the game gets pretty hard at certain parts although if you choose an advantageous position the AI is not smart enough to know how to properly attack you, which also made the last fight very easy although it went on for way too long.

The recut footages from the movies is a nice addition but you can forget the story, the fun is at killing lots of bugs.

7/10

X-Men Legends 1

A classic of my gaming life. I love how the story is centered around Magma, who inexplicably seems to have the voice of an old african-american woman.

Hated how you couldn't play through with characters once completed. Psylocke is annoyingly only in the last act effectively. And then she wasn't even in the second one!!!

Jubilee is still great.

Me, jayseven, shorty and nami have been playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance of late- essentially X Men Legends 3- only with The Avengers. The X Men and the FF make a turnout too plus a few solo characters. Damn good lineup, though the x men quota isn't one I'd particularly choose myself.

Me, jayseven, shorty and nami have been playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance of late- essentially X Men Legends 3- only with The Avengers. The X Men and the FF make a turnout too plus a few solo characters. Damn good lineup, though the x men quota isn't one I'd particularly choose myself.

It was just unbelievable that they put 3 X-Men in the main console versions. (i.e the "current gen" at the time consoles)

So no X-Men team bonus. Ridiculous.

They could really have just had a lot more characters in it. Why not include Scarlet Witch? A whole model was available from X-Men 2, and she fits into the Avengers and such.

Been playing the new X-men game. X-men origins: Wolverine.

Its really quite fun upto now.

The difficulty curve seems a bit all over the palce, but its still great up to now =]

Phantasy Star Portable

Pretty much does what the title says. Phantasy Star Universe, but portable. The only major thing different is you don't get to walk around the planets, they're now a top down map with icons for the different things you can do. The levels are pretty much Identical to the 360/PS2/PC versions. Plus the story is different, but familiar. The "cut scenes" are voice acted too, which is actually an improvement over the 360 expansion AOTI (voices were cut out to save download time/space).

7/10

It will probably go up once I've tried multiplayer.

It was just unbelievable that they put 3 X-Men in the main console versions. (i.e the "current gen" at the time consoles)

So no X-Men team bonus. Ridiculous.

They could really have just had a lot more characters in it. Why not include Scarlet Witch? A whole model was available from X-Men 2, and she fits into the Avengers and such.

are you sure? I just did a headcount of Wolverine, Storm, Iceman and Colossus.

are you sure? I just did a headcount of Wolverine, Storm, Iceman and Colossus.

On PS2 it was only 3 X-Men available.

The PlayStation 2 version of the game has the same features as the next-gen versions of the game, albeit without Colossus, Moon Knight and the five bonus simulator missions. In August 2007, a Greatest Hits version was released which included a bonus DVD containing a making-of featurette.

The Xbox version of the game has no changes from the standard PlayStation 2 edition, however, a community-based modification has been released which adds Gambit, Hulk, Iron Fist, Moon Knight, and War Machine (Iron Man's third outfit being replaced by another costume) to the game.

Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast (PSP)

Technically flawed but fun none the less. The framerate is a bit choppy, and it paused once or twice during the more scenic areas. Plus the nub is too sensitive to get proper control. It's still fun though and pretty much the same as the console versions.

7/10

Blush

Should have posted this earlier before the E3 smashing we all took but played this little title earlier. It's a freeware title playable on the net and it's so simple and elegent that it's definitely worth a try by everyone. Really good presentation and gameplay for a free title playable on the net. I've provided the link to it below and strongly suggest you at least try it.

http://blurst.com/blush/

8 out of 10

X-Men Legends

Did a fair amount tonight (instead of revising), and am at the lovely bit where life is over. Prof X is being raped by Shadow King somewhere on the Astral Plane after Jean and Emma were too shit to save him, Magneto arrived at the mansion to waste, only to be raped by several Sentinels, most likely igniting human-mutant war. And Magma is still stunning.