NEurope
Chris the great

Rate the last game you played

Bionic Commando Demo

Erm...It doesn't work.

0/10

X was the back button in MGS1 too. You played MGS1? It's vital.

The End is easy. I just ran after him with, I want to say shotgun.

Or, you can set your internal clock a week ahead and he'll die of old age.

I haven´t played 1 yet, can´t really find it here

He keeps flashbanging me when I get close to him.

I heard about the internal clock thing I was tempted to do that but it felt like cheating.

With MGS3, what's the camera like? Is it fixed above you or is it full 3D like MGS4? I'm not a fan of the above view to be honest. It feels restrictive since you can't see far enough ahead.

Rhythm

Helps

Your

Two

Hips

Move

PARADISE :yay:

i cant rate this game right now i'm too busy playing the game!!! is my phone ringing? ahh it's probably not important... *play!play!play!*

life-consumingly awesome/10

With MGS3, what's the camera like? Is it fixed above you or is it full 3D like MGS4? I'm not a fan of the above view to be honest. It feels restrictive since you can't see far enough ahead.

Snake eater has the above camera, Subsistence has a over the shoulder camera or above view.

It´s above you like the rest of them (bar MGS4)

@ Cube - The Bionic Commando demo worked fine for me yesterday (Although I did get a black screen and a frozen console at one point trying to play it). It's alright, not great. The hookshot thing is probably the best mechanic in the game.

erm... I've been playing Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean over the last few days. Have sunk 12 hours into it, done the first 3 islands and I'm currently grinding a couple of levels so that I don't hit a brick wall like I did on my first run through several years ago. Really good game, beautiful pre-rendered/animated backgrounds that I'd love to see used more often in RPGs. People are always arrogant in relation to this title because they feel it only got a look in because it was one of a few select RPGs on the Gamecube but as I said, that's arrogant because it really is fantastic. Story, music, graphics, battle style. All great.

@ Cube - The Bionic Commando demo worked fine for me yesterday (Although I did get a black screen and a frozen console at one point trying to play it). It's alright, not great. The hookshot thing is probably the best mechanic in the game.

erm... I've been playing Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean over the last few days. Have sunk 12 hours into it, done the first 3 islands and I'm currently grinding a couple of levels so that I don't hit a brick wall like I did on my first run through several years ago. Really good game, beautiful pre-rendered/animated backgrounds that I'd love to see used more often in RPGs. People are always arrogant in relation to this title because they feel it only got a look in because it was one of a few select RPGs on the Gamecube but as I said, that's arrogant because it really is fantastic. Story, music, graphics, battle style. All great.

Have you played the second one (prequel) it's just as good. The battle system at first seems simplified and not as fun, but with a bit of experimenting it's quit fun and a good evolution over the first game.

I never finished Baiten Kaitos, but I liked it.

Not played the prequel. Have contemplated to this day about getting an American Gamecube and the game to try it out (seeing as I no longer own a GC and I'm playing it on the Wii). I'd love to have seen these kind of pre-rendered background replicated in HD because they'd look phenomenal. Shame the animation of the character models isn't up to the same standard though.

Oh, I didn't realize that it didn't release in the UK. Although, a used GC and the game here is less than a new 360/PS3 game. So depending on shipping it might not be too much.

It may be cheaper to just get a freeloader and a PAL GC though.

Mostly been playing both XBLA versions of Banjo Kazooie and Tooie. Both are awesome games to be honest. And with both titles having working SnS, this makes them great titles to play again or for the first time.

I haven´t played 1 yet, can´t really find it here

He keeps flashbanging me when I get close to him.

I heard about the internal clock thing I was tempted to do that but it felt like cheating.

Use your heat vision and you can see his footsteps. Once you've got him on the run it's not too tricky. Took a couple goes.

Never did it the proper way, knew I never had the patience to out sniper someone. :heh:

If you sniper The End on the pier earlier before they wheel him in you'll kill him there and not have to fight him. Pretty cool.

Use your heat vision and you can see his footsteps. Once you've got him on the run it's not too tricky. Took a couple goes.

Never did it the proper way, knew I never had the patience to out sniper someone. :heh:

If you sniper The End on the pier earlier before they wheel him in you'll kill him there and not have to fight him. Pretty cool.

Gonna try later tonight, this part is what has been delaying me from finishing it.

I would have sniped him on the pier if I had not realizes it 5 minutes too late :Þ

Jade Empire

I got this shortly after I bought my Xbox 360 but never got around to playing it properly but I got the motivation to finally play it.

Why did I not play this sooner!

It took a bit to get into and the combat system was something I was not used to it but later on I came to like it.

The story, setting and characters are fantastic and the music really sets the tone to the location of the game.

The only real problem with it is that the difficulty curve of the game, it starts off a bit hard but get´s easier as you progress but nevertheless I enjoyed this game very much from beginning to end.

Oh and the last part of the game blew my mind.

Jade Empire was kick ass. I really, really liked it. I'd like a sequel if they dropped the rpg pinnings to the combat and just went for a brawler.

Wolverine: I'm Gonna Stick It In Ya, An It's Gunna Huuuuuurt!

Wickedly brutal. I haven't seen the film, although from what I hear that's no biggie. This game however is just awesome.

7.5/10

XMen Origins Wolverine Wii

It's alright, not bad

6/10

XMen Origins Wolverine XBox

Love it

8.5/10

Mirror's Edge

First few levels: 10/10

Next few levels: 7/10

Last few levels: 2/10.

XMen Origins Wolverine Wii

It's alright, not bad

6/10

XMen Origins Wolverine XBox

Love it

8.5/10

It's awesome and just completely over the top!

After sky diving to earth after the sentinel and then diving through its head at faster than the speed of sound...just crazy!! So much fun though!

:D

So far it's my favourite game of the year.

Mirror's Edge

I'm with you on that one.

Mirror's Edge

Make that of us.

Wolverine: I'm Gonna Stick It In Ya, An It's Gunna Huuuuuurt!

Wickedly brutal. I haven't seen the film, although from what I hear that's no biggie. This game however is just awesome.

7.5/10

Agreed. Sicko awesome.

Obviously classic Wolverine costume all the way.

Agreed. Sicko awesome.

Obviously classic Wolverine costume all the way.

I'm doing the first runthough with Hugh Jackman Wolverine. It's got WAY better shirt physics than Uncharted. I always end up topless by the end of the level...It's kind of gay. :heh:

When I go through it on Hard, it'll definitely be classic Wolverine all the way (Maybe a bit of Legendary as well :D ).

The review have been really harsh on it. If I rated it relative to IGN's rating'o'meter I'd give it an 8.8. Best movie game I've played since...well, Goldeneye.

I actually reckon, if I hadn't rented it, in retrospect I would have bought it.

You know to get certain achievements you have to rack up a certain amount of kills or whatever, can you top up stats by replaying chapters? I know when you start a new game it wipes all your stats, which is a bit lame.

It's awesome and just completely over the top!

After sky diving to earth after the sentinel and then diving through its head at faster than the speed of sound...just crazy!! So much fun though!

:D

So far it's my favourite game of the year.

I'm with you on that one.

What you put in the spoiler doesn't happen on the Wii, both of the games are 99.9% different (0.1% would be the fact it's Wolverine :p)