NEurope
Chris the great

Rate the last game you played

2znqsdj.jpg

I'm half tempted to go bury it outside. Terrible, terrible game. *Wanders off muttering to himself about how bad it is*

1/10

well, lets not beat around the bush. You bought a GTA port on GBC.

Correction: I bought two GTA ports on the GBA. GTA1 should show up soon!

And GTA Advance.

bayonetta

wow, that was mental.

serisouly, just when you think the games peaked in terms of ott action, you end up is some sort of freefall battle sillyness or crazy highway battle. to say the story of the game was daft is like saying nick griffin has some slightly out of touch views. buthen, you rally arnt there for the story.

the action is blisteringly tight paced, whilst to the casualy observer, it looks incomprehensable, it actualy a very well ballenced system, with no enemy or attacking feeling overpowered once you have seen it a few times.

the game is certainly not easy, or willing to cut you any slack. one particualar level fairly early on seemed to be drawing to a clamax no fewer then 3 times, introducing what could easily be mistaken for end of level bosses, only to suddenly add more of them. and THEN a boss shows up.

i suppose comparisons to outher games in the beat em up/action genra are ineveitable. the obvious parrallel being devil may cry, from which the game borrows heavily. theres also an element of god of war, and a pleasing familiarity to viewtiful joe. yet my strongest comparison may seem an unusual choice: street fighter 4. the game is just so well ballenced. bosses and chalenges that once seemed impossible seem less daunting as you become more proficient, and learn to read the battle.

having one playthrough on normal mode under my belt, i thourougly enjoyed the game, yet get the feeling i havent even begun to scratch the surface

9/10 crazy appearence masks one of the most finely tuned games of recent years

Wii Sports, I dusted it down last night to play it for the first time in ages and it truely is a simple but highly addictive 10/10

Dead Rising

Awesome. It could have had the most clunky controls, irritating save system, crap bosses and be generally frustrating and it would still kick ass from the concept. Oh wait!

9 / 10

NO.

I really really really times infinitireally want to love the game, but the save function just pisses me off far too much.

brutal legend

you know how great games can be defined by the little bits? how in zelda, its the npcs and the clever settings that draws you in? brutal legend is a game that exclusivly relys on the little touches, yet forgets to make an actual good game. the combat is poor, the rts sections are sub par, yet some how, i cant hate the game. i guess its cos it really has heart.

heart, however, isnt enough. the game is seriosuly lacking, and despite a fun story, the game just dosent motivate me to play. its like the game should have been in development for atleast anouther 6 months.

5/10 gets by on its charms, whilst its not a good game, its made with real love, and it sucks i cant rate it higher.

NO.

I really really really times infinitireally want to love the game, but the save function just pisses me off far too much.

The save function is fine for me...it's those FUCKING SURVIVORS and thier I.Q of 2.

The save function is fine for me...it's those FUCKING SURVIVORS and thier I.Q of 2.

That's definitely true. Although one of my favorite moments in the game was when i was irritated by one of them for continually running into a wall, so i attacked him to try and move him, only to accidentally sledgehammer his skull, which apparently causes instant death. I loled.

The save system's bearable once you get the hang of it, and the survivors would only be massively irritating if they were compulsory, which luckily they ain't.

What's with the save system?

Well the worst thing about it was that there was only one save slot, and if you saved and didn't leave enough to run to a point on the map in a set time then you'd effectively have to start the entire game over. It provoked massive shouts of 'fuuucccckkkkk!!!'.

What's with the save system?

I believe many a player has asked the creators the very same question.

GTA: DLC Disc Thingie

Much better than GTA4. It doesn't spend ten hours introducing all the unimportant game elements like the "social" stuff, and it doesn't get tiring after only a couple of the good missions.

The bikes seem a bit easier to control and the missions are more varied and more fun. The characters are still rather dull and I never really cared about what I was doing.

7/10

God of War - I would have scored this higher had i not played II first. While the graphics, environments and story are all top notch..... hefty backtracking, timed box-kicking puzzles, and spinning blade towers are not. :hehe::nono:/10

God of War II-playing this directly after the first one left me feeling a little burned out by the combat but everything else is so good that it didnt matter.

:hug:/10

God of War - I would have scored this higher had i not played II first.

God of War II-playing this directly after the first one left me feeling a little burned out

Is this some Professor Layton brain teaser?!... B did it! no A!... wait... C was lying, was it D?... :shakehead

I don't think he played either.

I think he's just saying he played it to look cool.

I'm playing the GTA DLC at the moment and so far I'm veeeery impressed.

But I did love GTA4 anyway...

Is this some Professor Layton brain teaser?!... B did it! no A!... wait... C was lying, was it D?... :shakehead

ooooh your right, poor wording on my part. Ok it went something like this:

Played God of War I for about an hour and got bored. Played II from start to finish and loved it, which compelled me to go back and play I to completion. Sorry for the confusion!

Race Driver Grid

Stopped about halfway through the career and now decided to continue. Awesome game with brilliant car physics, especially when played more like a simulation. The opponents are strong but fair and seem not to cheat so wins feel even more rewarding.

9/10

darksiders.ps3.bx.rgb_small.jpg

Just loved it. It's pretty much the biggest Zelda rip-off ever except with no towns and an epic story. The ending was really quite cool. Cannot wait for the sequel.

Platinumed it today.

10/10

Mass Effect 2

I'm only few hours into it so far and I hate what happened to my character story-wise which motivates me all the more to prove once again that Shepard is the awesome. So far I didn't notice many changes to gameplay except for space travel (which I find a poor implementation) and the inventory system also irritates me at the moment but I don't have enough items at the moment to really see how comparing stats of different stuff will work.

The presentation and gameplay are of course top-notch although the UE3 engine begins to show its age with blurry textures every now and then and some noticable blocky stuff. Still most of it looks good and plays good.

9/10

darksiders.ps3.bx.rgb_small.jpg

Just loved it. It's pretty much the biggest Zelda rip-off ever except with no towns and an epic story. The ending was really quite cool. Cannot wait for the sequel.

Platinumed it today.

10/10

What the hell? Where you high when you played it?

Little Kings Story - I think I'm addicited to this game at the mo, really can't get enough of it!

I don't want it to end :'(

10/10

ratchet and clank: a crack in time

first R&C game ive played, and it was alright. the game wasnt bad, but felt like lots of elements of games ive already palyed, and not done as well.

the story, i mostly ignored. i wanted to pay attention,b ut the voice acting did my head in. seriosly, why make every NPC have the most irritating voice ever.

i skiped most of the main villans scenes as i feared i may cringe my own face off. it was ment to be funny, but i just felt embarrased on the most part. except for that super hero guy, he was pretty funny.

7/10 lots of fun, but lacking