NEurope

So is this game coming out over here? It looks incredible and a passable alternative to Street Fighter 4.

Heh, I think I may actually prefer this over SF 4.. They're both 3D, and allthough I'll always prefer 2D, I do have to admit they both look good in motion.. But I haven't seen footage of this game of characters making funny faces like they do in SF 4, and Chun-li looks hotter in my opinion ;). Then there are all the crazy non-SF characters (the ridiculous goldbar transformer :D, and that robot thingy from Lost planet). I think I'll get this if it comes out here (I think it will though). Then again, I may get SF 4 as well, it looks pretty cool (despite the stupid faces and 3D), the anti-hype has died down mostly (that's the other way around huh?).

this game looks really awesome i see that there are lots of mini games in it cool i like that

i hope it has online play but even if there is no online play that wont hold me back to buy this game

this game looks really awesome i see that there are lots of mini games in it cool i like that

i hope it has online play but even if there is no online play that wont hold me back to buy this game

This does look awesome, and I'd actually rather have this than SF4 which I still don't like the look of. One of my best mates loves SF and we still play SF2 Turbo on the SNES, we'd play this all the time online. I just want them to put the effort in. Without online it'll be a missed opportunity.

Any news on online? This is pointless without it really!

Ugh, I hate this. I mean, of course you have a right to think this way, but why does everything need online now? You didn't play games before online gaming being common? If you play SF on the SNES with your friends you can play this with them too, the way it's meant to be: with them next to you.

Anyway, I'm not very experienced with online fighters, aren't they usually laggy and the minimal lag fucks everything up? I'm asking, not stating.

Ugh, I hate this. I mean, of course you have a right to think this way, but why does everything need online now? You didn't play games before online gaming being common? If you play SF on the SNES with your friends you can play this with them too, the way it's meant to be: with them next to you.

Anyway, I'm not very experienced with online fighters, aren't they usually laggy and the minimal lag fucks everything up? I'm asking, not stating.

I see your point actually, but I do like to be able to play games with my mates and with other challengers from elsewhere.

I can also see if it was laggy it would terrible, however MOHH2 had 32 players online and that was great, so one on one 2-D fighters should be alright.

I see your point actually, but I do like to be able to play games with my mates and with other challengers from elsewhere.

I can also see if it was laggy it would terrible, however MOHH2 had 32 players online and that was great, so one on one 2-D fighters should be alright.

I heard that it's a bit trickier to do for fighting games.

I don't know the specifics, though. Just going from what I heard.

Online would be welcome, sure, but I wouldn't say it's pointless without it.

Yeah, from what I know, its meant to be more difficult to implement a free flowing online component into beat em ups because everything in it has to be so precise. For example, in Mario Kart, it works well because the system can calculate what it expects people to do and whatever, then adjust accordingly- i.e when people disappear then reappear. When smaller things like that happens in MK, it doesn't ruin the experience. In a beat em up, you have to punch when you press the button etc, and the game can't really anticipate what you are gonna do/ smooth over it because there are so many possibilities of what your next attack could be and everything. Moves have to be carried out there and then.

Its not worded that well, but I hope you know what I'm getting at. Can someone who's played Smash Bros Brawl not try and explain this...?

Yeah, from what I know, its meant to be more difficult to implement a free flowing online component into beat em ups because everything in it has to be so precise. For example, in Mario Kart, it works well because the system can calculate what it expects people to do and whatever, then adjust accordingly- i.e when people disappear then reappear. When smaller things like that happens in MK, it doesn't ruin the experience. In a beat em up, you have to punch when you press the button etc, and the game can't really anticipate what you are gonna do/ smooth over it because there are so many possibilities of what your next attack could be and everything. Moves have to be carried out there and then.

Its not worded that well, but I hope you know what I'm getting at. Can someone who's played Smash Bros Brawl not try and explain this...?

Does Brawl work perfectly?

It's basically that, the game can't wait for the next set of coordinates and then correct it accordingly, such as it happens in FPS and racers, because fighters rely so much more on reactions than these two genres and having characters suddenly popping around breaks down the whole gameplay of reacting and counter reacting to each player's actions. So at best you have what happens in Smash, that goes from a small lag in inputs to complete halts, just so no one is ahead the other.

Does Brawl work perfectly?

I haven't played it much and I've not played it at all online so I personally don't know, but from what I've read, Brawl has issues with lag. Its what Shino said- which is what I was trying to say! :heh:

Well that makes sense, and the trailer looks great, so maybe I'm wrong on this one. I thought that with Brawl being such a hit it wouldn't be a problem implementing online, but if it is then so be it. Shame, as I'd love to go online with a game like this if it worked right,

Nah, I really REALLY wouldn't have the encouragement to play Brawl if it didn't have online... But I guess thats just my requirement. I don't live in a flat full of budding room mates, nor do I have a loud bunch of noisy friends coming over every week to play games. My lifes too busy, so at whatever inconvenient time I'm on playing I want to play against others. Simple.

So I would want online in this game too or else it could be something of a disappointment - not meaning the game itself - but the overall replayability. These games are usually short and arcadey anyway, might as well throw in online.

xmpi0xxe1.jpg

w500.png

Wii's even getting a special Tatsunoko vs. Capcom joystick

Love the joystick! I hope this comes out over here, as with or without online I'm likeley to pick it up, just more likely with!

I want this more than Street Fighter 4.....I can't believe it's not coming out over here....

Sign in to follow this