NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Choze

Crysis Warhead. Out soon.

As always looks stunning! Crysis was a good game so thsi is worth looking forward ot.

Regardless of what happens i think the first game game did so much damage to pc gaming since no one could actually play the game(in decent framerates) with the advertised graphics. I had built my super system for this and to say i was infuriated was an understatement.

Not to mention DirectX 10 was a complete con. Vista and 64 bit were wasted (as usual) and the whole Games for Windows nonsense has only messed up pc gaming further (Note to MS : Stop ruining pc gaming)

Warhead sounds great but really its the optimisation that needs to be proven for me first. If its still going to require modding then i'll wait.

340082_full.jpg

340074_full.jpg

333824_full.jpg

333820_full.jpg

Probably gonna give it a go sometimes, just a bit afraid it´s gonna be like Crysis for me, yeah it´s stunning and all but I spend most of the time just fucking around driving through sheds and throwing stuff of cliffs.

Is there any kind of sandbox mode in this or crysis?

You know kinda like garry´s mode where you can just play around with stuff.

What's the point in screenshots if you save them as 50% quality jpegs?

link me better.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/909/909584p1.html

Wow, that's a suprise to me.

I like how Crytek have renamed the graphics settings; Very High is now "Enthusiast" and High is "Gamer".

Hilarious. High is bad enough to run as it is. None of the new graphics cards can handle Crysis in Very high or Enthusiast.

What a farce.

If you've read reviews, you'll find out they've seriously stream lined the engine...

My Radeon 4850 can run Crysis on Very High settings at 1440x900 at 30fps!

First Impressions for y'all (possible spoilers):

I downloaded the game from Steam and I've had a quick blast on it. So far, in comparison to Crysis, Warhead is balls-to-the-wall action, I've already gone toe to toe with APCs and tanks, loaded up a jeep with mines and driven it into a compound and blown up a restaurant with hand grenades. The pacing is trully relentless and far more exciting than it's predecessor.

Performance-wise the game is evidently less demanding than Crysis, though I'm still forcing DX9 mode which got rid of the horrendous stuttering I was experiencing in DX10. The game looks slightly less realistic, yet much more dramatic, with luminous HDR lighting at every turn and a more stylised colour palette.

Crysis was by no means bad, but as a non-linear game it suffered from inconsistent pacing and difficulty, and everything post-spaceship may as well have been left on the cutting room floor. Crytek seemed to have listened to the fans and the result is a more exciting, tighter and satisfying game that makes the most of the amazing technology behind it.

Edit: This game is fucking brilliant.

Good will check it out. Its pretty cheap anyway.

Thing is i have a 1920 x 1200 monitor so that creates more issues...

God damn my slow ass DDR533 RAM that i'm too cheap to upgrade.

So yeah, games cool... shame i have to run it on medium. It dumps so much to RAM its simply insane.

I already loved the first one, so I can't wait to play this one, specially if it's even better.

God damn my slow ass DDR533 RAM that i'm too cheap to upgrade.

So yeah, games cool... shame i have to run it on medium. It dumps so much to RAM its simply insane.

Create a shortcut for crysis.exe and add "-dx9" to the end of the target line. The game seems to use RAM much more efficiently in DX9 and I can't tell the difference as far as looks are concerned.

DX10 is unplayable in Crysis. One of the worst things about Vista so far. I wish i hadnt brought it. :(

People who own Radeon 48xx's.

Upgrade your drivers to 8.9. Holy hell does it make a difference. I can crank my settings up to enthuiast apart from object detail and i'm getting 26-30fps. Awesome.

I downloaded them as soon as they came out, like I always do, but it's strange that you saw a performance improvement with them; The release notes didn't mention any Crysis-related changes.

Did you try the DX9 Hack? If so did it reduce the microstuttering?

DX9 radically increased my frame rate, but the game seemed a lot more sharp but in a worse way.

I went back to DX10 after testing DX9 out. Runs so bad ass, i honestly can't believe the change. I mean, i've literally gained 10fps between 8.8 and 8.9.

Judging from the screenshots, the reason for the huge frame rate increase:

Turned off dynamic shadows

Reduced the amount of shadows

Lowered the terrain resolution

and turned off some of the dynamic lighting effects.

Sure, you'll gain a hell of alot of frames from that, but the game will not 'pop' half as much.

Sign in to follow this