NEurope
er-no

My first directed music video! :)

Hey hey hey people of N-Europe.

A few months ago I directed my first music video (was on a tight budget for what was wanted!). The song gets released today and hopefully the band will make it into the UK Top 40! They are unsigned and deserve success so if you like the song give it a download (have a look at their site!).

Didn't have much time during the shoot and well, I put in all I could technically/creatively! I'm very pleased with how it came out, was good to be involved in the entire process from listening to the song and looking at the two available locations and drumming up an idea the band were happy with.

There is a making of video uploaded too.

I know a few of you have seen some of my stuff before! I'm currently working on Prince of Persia the film! Which is crazy because I remember helping the founder of Cube-Europe out with reviewing and going through the original GC game all those years ago!

Enjoy and lemme know what you think or just comment on the vid on youtube. See you IN GAME. woohar

Well.... In terms of production values, then I would say it has certainly been executed with extremely high standards, but the content is so disappointing. The unnecessary objectification of women was the main problem, which is shoved in the audience face though-out the whole song, and after the first 25 seconds it gets extremely boring and repetitive. I would of preferred the video not to have gone down that route and been creative enough to avoid the generic scantily clad women, similar to a million other music videos of which fall into the trap of the male gaze.

That was exactly the point though fex! And hey, I can only direct and produce the ideas that the band wanted. :)

The music is horrible and so is the content but as far as the direction goes, I don't think I have any complaints.

Heh, thanks Sanchez. Can't say the song is right up my alley either, but to be fair I think its better musically than most of whats in the charts at the moment (again that's not saying much). Still! I hope the band make it as they have put in a LOT of effort whilst being unsigned.

Next up is a girlgroup, now I'll have some fun with that one! :D

Very professional, but like has been said, I don't like the music nor the silicone skanks.

Bit shortsighted of you to be calling someone a skank who you've never met. Sure she has silicone fake breasts, and makes some money out of it, but she really isn't a skank.

Bit shortsighted of you to be calling someone a skank who you've never met. Sure she has silicone fake breasts, and makes some money out of it, but she really isn't a skank.

I don't think it was an individual comment, just a general one aimed at the whole attitude of the women being used as sex objects.

I'm sure this video will please the brainless males.

Sorry if it sounded like an attack at the women in that video, it wasn't. It's more like what fex said. It's not like we get to know her personality in that video, is it?

Nice direction.

Nice tits.

Thought the song was alright, though a few too many bits where they weren't singing, and the music was almost building up. Blah.

Nice job though dude.

Well, I really liked it. Song is a bit slow, but the video goes well with it. It's not a video that tries to make the song seem faster/more upbeat than it is, its really quite well suited to the song.

Thumbs up, its very, very professional :)