NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Slaggis

Russell Brand Calls Bush A Retard At VMA’s

My respect has just gone through the roof for Russell Brand who presented the VMA's on sunday. America is apparently "up in arms" about his jokes and political comments he made whilst presenting the awards. In the first five minutes he had insulted both Palin and her daughter, McCain and every republican before urging America to Vote Obama.

One newspaper said

“The 2008 VMAs were poised to mark the return of Britney Spears. Instead, they will go down in history as the night when that English guy from Forgetting Sarah Marshall almost made the Jonas Brothers cry.”

MTV was hit with "thousands" of complaints about Brand and his comments, apparently America can't take the mickey out of themselves. He made a joke about promise rings (Jonas Brothers) and then Jordin Sparks stated when presenting an award

“It’s not bad to wear a promise ring because not everybody, guy or girl, wants to be a slut.”
I'm sorry, but since when does having sex before marriage make you a slut?

Anyway, thoughts?

As much as I want to hate Brand, after listening to his podcasts I can't help but find him funny.

As much as I want to hate Brand, after listening to his podcasts I can't help but find him funny.

Why would you want to hate someone?

Why would you want to hate someone?

I meant hate in the casual 'dislike' way because he is pretty childish and normally immaturity really annoys me.

If you want me to explain every post I make, feel free to ask.

That does it. I'm officially an idiot. How does he call Bush a retard. It might help if I knew who the Jonas Brothers are.

That does it. I'm officially an idiot. How does he call Bush a retard. It might help if I knew who the Jonas Brothers are.

220px-Jonas_Brothers.jpg

Jonas Brothers are US version of westlife.

220px-Jonas_Brothers.jpg

I think that's doing even Westlife a disservice.

Yikes, UK comedy on a US stage... not a good idea.

XD I remember when Jimmy Carr was announcing something there and said something like:

"Did you know only 1 in 10 people in America have a passport...they say that like it's a bad thing."

He got booed to hell. :heh:

Dunno what Haggis was posting but this is where he calls Bush a retard

Damn, sorry. I posted the wrong link, cheers for correcting me. The link I posted was one of the promise ring comments he made.

Also Jonas Brothers = Westlife? Noooooo! Jonas Brothers = Busted.

Hahaha it was the funniest thing ever, didn't like him much before, but after this, <3

And Jordin Sparks.....stfu

They just don't get it sometimes. I think it was Tommy Cooper who got up there in front of the Yanks, starting doing his act, and the stage manager comes up to him and says "sorry sir, but the audience don't think your magic tricks are very good." Wow

I meant hate in the casual 'dislike' way because he is pretty childish and normally immaturity really annoys me.

If you want me to explain every post I make, feel free to ask.

Cool your jets, ace, it was only a question. I just find a lot of people 'hate' Russel Brand for no particular reason, and your phrasing piqued my interest.

Dunno what Haggis was posting but this is where he calls Bush a retard

It makes much more sense now. Thanks.

220px-Jonas_Brothers.jpg

And they seem like a bunch of twats.

Russell Brand is hilarious. He was great on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. He was talking about doggin' and everything. Leno didn't know quite what to do.

Wow Im not much of a Brand fan but, +10 for brand and you may just be winning me over

I've always liked him, but recently something about him has started to grate on me, it's like...he's trying too hard? Getting too used to being him, an arrogance? I dunno. Still, this IS rather amusing, good on him, crazy americans need to lighten up a bit.

Just watched the VMA's and throughout the whole thing he did not stop ripping into Bush, Republicans and the promise rings. I found it completely hilarious and loved every minute as he kept digging at the Jonas Brothers who honestly seemed like such arrogant typical pretty boy band. Seriously, promise rings, urgh grow up. Sex before marriage isn't wrong. Also Jordan Sparks calling Russell a "slut" is ridiculous, that women seems just as wrong in the head as all the other wannabes.

The highlights of the night have to be Rihannas entrance and T-Pain and Lil Waynes dancing.

Russell Brand is a fully fledged genius with the right format, particularly Big Brother's Big Mouth and the E4 chat show where he interviewed Courtney Love (amongst others). Give him a small/medium-sized audience to walk around, celebrity guests and full control and he's a force of nature.

His stand up's not bad either and this was very funny!

Sign in to follow this