NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
rokhed00

Cadburys are at it again

They've brought back the gorilla doing Bonny Tyler, and now the trucks are doing Guns 'n' Roses.

I found the gorilla annoying, while everyone else thought it was awesome.

Whats so good about somebody dressed as a gorilla.

It cost a bomb to do that advert, I remember at that point my dad was in construction on the caburys factory.

It's an okn advert, doesn't really make much sense.

They played the Gorilla ad during one of the breaks while King Kong was on, which I thought was pretty good placement.

I'm not as impressed this time. Probably because it's been done, but mostly because Total Eclipse of The Heart doesn't have as good a drum section as In The Air Tonight.

@ Rokhed - I thought it was Bon Jovi playing on the trucks bit.? It was Livin' On A Prayer playing during that trucks cadbury's advert when I watched it a few days ago. Doesn't quite have the same oomph as Don't Stop Me Now though. They should have just kept it at that. Queen are much better than Bon Jovi.

Doesn't quite have the same oomph as Don't Stop Me Now though.

I disagree. Don't Stop Me Now is massively overused.

The Gorilla was awesome the first time, and annoying from then on.

The cars thing was never good, and just seemed too forced.

Redoing the exact same thing with different music is just incredibly lazy / dull / annoying. It's not exactly like people are gonna start buying Cadbury's on the back of these adverts, or remember the brand due to them, or anything. It's just boring.

@ Rokhed - I thought it was Bon Jovi playing on the trucks bit.? It was Livin' On A Prayer playing during that trucks cadbury's advert when I watched it a few days ago. Doesn't quite have the same oomph as Don't Stop Me Now though. They should have just kept it at that. Queen are much better than Bon Jovi.

You're right.

I'm an old dodderer though, easily confused.

It's not really supposed to be related to Cadbury's - you remember the adverts, and you remember the gorilla as 'the Cadbury's gorilla'. It's clever advertising.

It's not really supposed to be related to Cadbury's - you remember the adverts, and you remember the gorilla as 'the Cadbury's gorilla'. It's clever advertising.

It's just "That Gorilla Ad"..."What Gorilla Ad?"...."You know...that Gorilla Ad....the one with the drums".

They played the Gorilla ad during one of the breaks while King Kong was on, which I thought was pretty good placement.

I liked that too! :grin:

Anyway I saw both back to back in the same advert and I like the new gorilla Song as I like the Bonnie Tyler song but it didn't have the same impact as it's been done! :)

Also I didn't think the new car song was as good as the other one and didn't seem to fit the advert.

They should come up with something new now though, keep things Fresh. :D

Would it hurt for them to do an advert about what they're trying to sell us?

No it wouldn't - but we all know what it's about. The adverts got everybody talking about it and as long as one person knew who made them, it didn't take long for word of mouth to spread - and a million clips on youtube soon after.

At work, the topic of conversaion often turns to our advertising and we compare it negatively to our competitors because we don't see it as funny or catchy. But the adverts are so dull that as soon as you see it, you recognise it as that crap ad by company X.

Like Coolness said, they need a new angle, but it's just too easy to play off the last campaign when it did exactly what it was supposed to. I can't imagine the newspaper column inches that gorilla generated, but I bet it was worth it.

Yeh, because no one wants to see that. :p

Drumming gorillas, on the other hand...

Yeh, because no one wants to see that. :p

Drumming gorillas, on the other hand...

Id rather see them making chocolate or something that a FAKE, yes FAKE!, Gorilla playing drums.

Id rather see them making chocolate or something that a FAKE, yes FAKE!, Gorilla playing drums.

Would you really rather see them making chocolate, how fucking awful would that be.

The whole point is it was supposed to provoke interest and commotion and the existence of this thread and the discussions taking place are evidence it was a successful ad. A shame they had to ruin the idea by 'cashing in' on their success though.

The whole point is it was supposed to provoke interest and commotion and the existence of this thread and the discussions taking place are evidence it was a successful ad. A shame they had to ruin the idea by 'cashing in' on their success though.

Bingo! Please proceed to reception to collect your prize.

What comes to mind when you think of Cadbury's?

Chocolate, and nothing else.

They don't need to tell you what they sell. It's a well-known company with a well-known logo who make well-known products. They just need to advertise themselves.

Indeed, it may inspire me to bring it up in conversation, I generally don't because I've always thought the gorilla was shit but everyone lost theit loads over it. However! it doesn't inspire me to go buy the product, which is generally what an advertisement is meant to do.

When Barry Scott was on the scene I was begging my mum to go buy some Cillit Bang the next time she went shopping. Even when I see the gorilla/runway adverts I ask mummy to get me a bag of Haribo Starmix.

The gorilla was and still is a genius advert.

The cars were and still are a waste of space.

Would you really rather see them making chocolate, how fucking awful would that be.

What about a gorilla making chocolate?

Or a hot guy melting chocolate over a hot woman? That would be funny XD 3rd degree burns !!

Sign in to follow this