NEurope
Pit-Jr

Obama -VS- McCain Choose your Poison!

Not that im necessarily saying he wont be, but what makes you so sure Obama would be a good president? Absolute power corrupts absolutely after all. I've had this election forced down my throat for the last 2 months now. And Obama talks a good game but will he actually be able to pull off everything he is promising. I'm not convinced he will be able to. Thats not to say for one minute I want McCain to win btw.

You could apply that to anyone, and I'd much rather take the plunge with Obama, than Mccain. Obama seems to be able to cope under pressure (see the debates where Mccain threw constant verbal attacks at him, mentioning the whole "terrorist" thing at him constantly") whilst Mccain seems much less able too.

Also, there's some pretty fundemental issues in which Obama has the same opinions/views as I do, compared to Mccain. For instance Obama sees healthcare as a "right" whereas Mccain sees it more as a "responsibility". Also Obamas views on sex ed are much more realistic than those of Mccains. Mccain wants to keep American sex ed how it is (they have one of the highest rates of teen pregancy/sti rates among teens at the moment) whilst Obama supports offering it to children of all ages (Age appropriate) and actually informing them about how to have sex safely.

Oh, and then the whole power/global warming thing. Obama supports developing renewable energys such as wind and solar, whereas Mccain wants to build as many Nuclear plants as possible to "solve" global warming.

There's more, but you see my point. Obama/Biden all the way.

On the subject of Obama's and McCain's opinions, I disagree almost totally with McCain and agree almost completely with Obama. I'm probably more left wing than Obama, but there's no doubt at all who I want to see as the next president. Also, +1 to Haggis' post.

Obama really isn't left wing though, even by American standards hes pretty central as far as democrats go. McCains not some right wing nutter either hes just had to sell out to them in order to get his parties nomination.

Obama really isn't left wing though, even by American standards hes pretty central as far as democrats go. McCains not some right wing nutter either hes just had to sell out to them in order to get his parties nomination.

Exactly, so does America need a president that will "sell out" his own beliefs that easily? No. How are we supposed to believe what he says now, if he does that?

Exactly, so does America need a president that will "sell out" his own beliefs that easily? No. How are we supposed to believe what he says now, if he does that?

Wow, a politician who is willing to do anything to win. Not really surprising is it?

American Democrats by many other countries standards are more right wing. But we do need some balance I think.

Wow, a politician who is willing to do anything to win. Not really surprising is it?

Mccains (more so Palins) campaign has turned into a viscious assult on Obama as a person which is something that is both pointless and has infact backfired on Mccain himself. I've yet to see Obama stoop to such levels as mention something like that stupid "friends with a terrorist" thing during the live tv debate. There was no need to do it, and yet he kept mentioning it.

Obama managed to both stand his ground, defend himself, and come out of the debate with diginity intact. Something which Mccain was stripped of when he mentioned such a topic, and when he chose Palin as his running mate for the sheer chance of getting women that supported Hilary to come to his side.

Pretty sure Palin was selected to appease the right wing nutjobs in the republican party really who where no doubt terrified that should "the maverick" get the job he would go all liberal lefty on them.

Anyway, I've just applied for tickets to the Obama party in Chicago on Tuesday it says im on the waiting list so I guess I found out about it too late, we shall see.

some funny dialogue at the dinner table:

Mom: 'Did you vote yet?'

Me: 'Well, no....I havent registered yet'

Mom: 'Everybody needs to vote, that includes you and your brother''

Me: 'Well i dont think Obama is gonna need my vote'

Mom: 'Wait, you're voting for Obama?'

Me: 'Well yeah i was planning on it.....'

Mom: '........'

Mom: ''You're grounded!''

Haha, thats brilliant. Also, don't have the whole "Obama will win anyways" attitude! Vote, otherwise you never know whats going to happen.

Sounds like me and my mom. Except she's a commie.

That woman in the video is nuts... asking kids, who are not old enough to vote or likely even know what the hell voting means.

I'm hoping for Obama to win I've seen McCain giving speeches and he doesn't come off as very sincere to me, his smile is so fake and I just can't believe anything he says, and Palin is just a joke.... out local radio station played the clip of when some canadian radio prank called her, was funny as hell.

You're in North Carolina, shit man, vote! It's a swing-fricking-state! Vote!

Hehe, hope she didn't really mean that.

Seriously though man, go vote! If you want Obama to win, don't do the only thing that can cost him the victory - his overconfident supporters not going to vote because 'he doesn't need it'. If you vote and he loses, you've done all you could, but if you don't, you might be sorry.

To be honest, I think you should go vote even if you'd be a McCain supporter, because that's what I think you should do in a democracy. This is pretty big stuff Pit :heh:

John Mccain - "My Fellow Prisoners". Nice slip of the tongue!

wow, that is just amazing, was that today? and he just carries on... did he realise what it said and just decided to hope nobody notice, or did he not even notice it himself

after watching the above I found this one which is pretty good

Obama isn't exactly left wing, no, but considering the alternative is someone who chose Palin as vice presidential candidate, I don't think there's much doubt.

Anyway, by lucky timing I've got Wednesday off which means I can stay up and watch the election live Tuesday night.

To be fair, Obama has changed his beliefs quite a lot as well. Mccains not the only guilty one with changing his beliefs to become more electable (though he has been worse). I'm not sure Obama will change everything all that much, though I do still want him to win. However, if anyone too see what a really radical change would have looked like, they should look at Ralph Nader's website and policies.

I also feel very sorry for Obama right now, seeing as his grandmother has just died. Poor guy =(

I want Sigourney Weaver to be president.

Deep down we all do, but it's a cruel and unforgiving universe we live in.