NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stefkov

A decent monitor

Hey all. I've been using my brothers old monitor and it's shit, to be honest. The power button is a mess, it takes several presses for it to work.

I need a new monitor but I've no idea what companies make the best ones. I've heard Dell make some good'ns.

If anyone can recommend a 20", or 22" preferably. Also with a few ports on the back so I can play my 360 on it and maybe my Wii/PS3.

Price wise I'm looking to spend as little as possible but I'll go up to about £200.

Cheers for helps.

I assume you're looking for LCD? HD ready?

Samsung and LG are usually good ones. Philips are good as well.

Looking around I've seen this on is a good monitor.

Anyone have any experiences with a Samsung/can look through the specs and say it's good?

I have a samsung and it broke a few months ago, I called Samsung and they replaced it at my door within a week. So yeah I can't fault them for support. The monitor itself is decent considering how cheap it was, no light leaking, decent contrast.

I see yours is quite a good one. But it doesn't have TV inputs for xbox and such.

I'm not sure Dell make any monitors with regular TV inputs but I could be wrong.

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW. It's a good value for the money, although the contrast could be better.

A friend of mine has an Eizo. That one is really good but also very expensive.

Fresh 24" is a bit too big I think, that's getting to the region of the size of my TV.

There's just too many.

Sanchez that's really wierd, everywhere else has it well near to £300.

That can't be right.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dell-Ultrasharp-2007WFP-20-Widescreen-Dell-Warranty_W0QQitemZ330266286097QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330266286097&_trkparms=72%3A1121%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Just a quick example of an ebay link, but yeah, buy a Dell 2007wfp. (not the newer ones, 2008, or 2009, they blow dicks)

It has VGA, DVI, S-Video, Composite and is fantastic in all other respects.

I run my Xbox 360 using the official VGA cable, and although it will look like shit, you could definitely connect your Wii with composite or s-video, so never having to replug em.

If you do suddenly start dealing in crack and have more money to spend, get the Dell 2408wfp..

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-024-DE

VGA, DVI, S-Video, Composite, Component, HDMI, DisplayPort.. the fucking works. It also has a built in card reader.

All that said though, I have a Dell bias because I work with them a lot and all 6 of the monitors currently surrounding me are Dell so I have a fair bit of experience with them.. I'm sure there are other brands out there that may be able to offer a similar deal

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW. It's a good value for the money, although the contrast could be better.

Have the same one, is a lovely screen for it's price, looks nice and has I fast responce time 2ms, though I havn't been able to test it on any games yet, as my pc is a dinosuar.

Edit:

Might add that it is a 1050 so can downscale from 1080 nicely, but sadly doesn't have a hdmi port, only has dvi and vga. Which is ok, but not perfect.

Sign in to follow this