NEurope
Guest Jordan

Welcome all new moderators

Could this be the start of the end of RE?

That happened with the absence of Fierce_LiNk (for unavoidable purposes a forum should stand in the way of).

Congrats to Sarka, Stocka, Odwin, and Moria. My condolences to Jordan, Offerman, Space, and Dom - I saw nought wrong with what you did.

Perhaps instead of just replacing Jordan with another mod though, perhaps hiring more mods instead of ones that moderate nearly every thread? Soag and Stocka each have four. Both are great guys, but I rarely see soag around anymore.

Thank you for all your opinions. Sort of shows why the decisions are made by the ones at the top, or we'd be deciding on this kind of thing for years.

I think you should give all of the new moderators the opportunity to prove themselves before you pass judgement. We feel they are more than capable of their tasks and if you feel otherwise, make sure you do it in a mature and non-offensive manner.

Now, for my 2 cents...

I'd just like to point out out that Jordan and Offerman were still moderators until they CHOSE to either delete themselves or drop their status. We needed more active and responsible moderators - we need them to keep the forums running! Personally I do not understand Jordan's reaction to all of this. He would still be the primary moderator of these forums. He chose to de-mod hmself for whatever reason, and it's a pity that he did. But I think he's shown his true colours and in doing so he has confirmed that he would be unfit for the admin position that he obviously had his sights set on.

My condolences to Jordan, Offerman, Space, and Dom - I saw nought wrong with what you did.

Perhaps instead of just replacing Jordan with another mod though, perhaps hiring more mods instead of ones that moderate nearly every thread? Soag and Stocka each have four. Both are great guys, but I rarely see soag around anymore.

Soag and Jordan were really our only active moderators carrying out their duties.

you are right the other guys didnt do anything wrong at all, but we needed more active moderators on our ever growing forum.

and as Lammie has said offerman and jordan decided to leave the moderator team themselves, otherwise they would still be mods.

and as Lammie has said offerman and jordan decided to leave the moderator team themselves, otherwise they would still be mods.

Yeah, read that after I'd posted.

Just out of curiosity, who didn't make the cut? There are several members I thought would make great mod material but weren't there.

Personally I do not understand Jordan's reaction to all of this. He would still be the primary moderator of these forums. He chose to de-mod hmself for whatever reason, and it's a pity that he did. But I think he's shown his true colours and in doing so he has confirmed that he would be unfit for the admin position that he obviously had his sights set on.

I chose to leave because i felt that the admin and moderators are getting further and further apart. I've explained why i thought this, simply because you didn't consult us from the start when and who you were going to pick. I disagree with some of your choices, simple as.

And as for the admin thing? Ha! You guys knew that you wouldn't make me an admin. You have a night tight nit group that you didn't want anyone else to be in.

Oh, and nice thing in your sig Lammie, very professional.

I never really took notise of who was morderators on this forums to be honest.

I chose to leave because i felt that the admin and moderators are getting further and further apart. I've explained why i thought this, simply because you didn't consult us from the start when and who you were going to pick. I disagree with some of your choices, simple as.

It just seems like such a horrible over-reaction to me. To keep the forums running smooth you have to have effective moderators. We came to the conclusion that the moderator positions needed to be re-assesed. There were moderators from CE who just were not about as much as they needed to be, there was too much inaction and some were conducting themselves in a manner that was not befitting of a moderator. It was a decision to be made by admins, and it was made by admins. Moderators have a job to moderate, to keep the peace, and to be an approachable member of these forums - its not just a title that looks important.

Believe it or not but the admins here do know what goes on, who's who and notice members who stand out as exceptional contributors. We're constantly keeping an eye on things. I think its good that we can discuss this topic out in the open, even if you're unhappy with what has happened we are willing to hear your concerns. The position of a moderator is one that should be almost totally transparent, if they do their job well you should barely notice them.

Congratulations to the new mods! You deserve your place here. Someday I'm going to be a mod too (maybe not on this forum -_-)

Hmmmm not really sure what's going on I'm in class and just came to the last page to congratulate everyone..... Especially Diemetrix I've always thought he was a cool member. ^^d

Hmmm, I've gotta read thiswhole thread when I get home. v.v

I had to remove my kick ass Joanna Dark Christmas Sig :weep:

I loved that

there is a new thread about the new mods on here, so lots remember the mods of the past and say hello to the mods of class 05/06.

Jordan I'll miss your modding skills :cry:

[LOCKED]