NEurope
Dan_Dare

Left 4 Dead: A Thread For Suvivalists

I had a quick go on the PC demo last night. Prefer it to the 360 version to be honest! Think it's the one i'll be picking up, it's only £20 on Amazon.

Can't wait for this game, not long to go now!

I actually forgot this was out today, lol!

I managed to complete No Mercy on normal, and it was great! Though there were only 2 of us playing, with 2 bots, but it was still fun. I managed to get myself killed by accident too, because I ran round the corner right next to a Witch. I know I'm not making that mistake again. XD

I played normal on the demo and found it too easy. So since then I've always played on Expert, man it's so much more fun and crazy. Hordes come from like EVERYWHERE, lol.

Expert is the way to play this game as Dom said. Playing the demo on expert with 4 (good) people is fucking insane.

Playing on expert with 4 good people, who are to dumb to be good.....it's hard. We almost beat it, 3 of us were at no health, then we took down a tank.

Our main problem is purposely(lol no accidents) shooting, sometimes killing each other.

is it just me or has the demo of this gone off xbox live , ive downloaded but i tryed to get a friend to download it and it not there

I played the demo again last night with Dan Dare and, I must admit, my opinion of it went up. I think it's pretty much only going to be great if you play it online, but I'm starting to see it as another reason to actually buy a Gold membership seeing as they're cheap now...

Apparently the Versus mode is great! Loads of people on my Steam friends list have it already :( ME WAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!

is it just me or has the demo of this gone off xbox live , ive downloaded but i tryed to get a friend to download it and it not there

Yea, that's valves thing, the only time they release demos is for multiplayer games, and as soon as the game releases they take the demo down.

The demo still works though, which is nice. Had a blast today, it really is crap when people try and play it like it's Duke Nukem or something. Tried a few games against randoms and in all bar one of them nobody talked and there was always at least one guy "going Rambo" on the Zombies and getting himself killed (or in one guy's case, shooting a Witch and getting us all killed...)

woo got this downloadin for me in college, cant wait to av a proper go of it tomora morning :D

Work aren't stocking this game! Crapidy crap, crap crappyness. Means i have to pay £40 to get it from game today, order it off the net and wait til next week for it or try and remember to bring Mirror's Edge, Katamari and Viking with me tomorrow so i can trade them in :(

lame. I thought you were picking it up on Steam though?

will be getting this today. Viva la Apocalypsé!

My copy arrived from GAME this morning and I just played through the first campaign with the AI as my team mates. The last chapter is insane as you are stuck on a roof waiting for the chopper to arrive while a MASSIVE amount of zombies, tanks and boomers all attack you.

I will say that the AI is sometimes iffy. I was decked by a hunter and it was clawing away at me while my team mates just stood by and did nothing. Saying that I did shoot a couple of them a few times :heh:

I cant wait to play this with peeps on my friendslist, good times will be had by all!

From the demo I did hate the friendly fire. When a game is as frantic as this your friends are always likely to be right there near the zombies you're shooting. And it just opens the online up for idiots who go around and shoot you just to piss you off...

lame. I thought you were picking it up on Steam though?

will be getting this today. Viva la Apocalypsé!

Nah, i never buy games on Steam. They can always be found cheaper online (PC version is only £20 on Amazon). I'm going for the 360 version though, managed to convince a few people to buy it :D

GH:WT to bide me over in the mean time, got it yesterday. £50 with guitar at Argos :)

*Possible Spoilers*

All of the evacuation levels are amazing, but the farmhouse one takes some beating. Haven't played online extensively yet (where are you guys?) but even with bots it was one of the tensest things ever. We were all standing on the stairs holding back the horde until a Boomer snuck in and bertied on us, then the shit hit the fan big time. We tried to hobble into the APC but we couldn't get away fast enough and got mobbed a few feet from safety. Nuts.

Been playing this for about 6 hours with 4 friends. It is so addictive and insane. First we started it out on Expert. We couldn't even get past the 2nd level of the first chapter so we scaled it down to Advanced. We got to the 3rd level and still couldn't do it. So we scaled it down again to friggen NORMAL and it took us about 15 attempts to do the end level of the FIRST chapter. It really gets your heart racing lol

We got all the way to part five on Advanced, tried a shitload of times and toned it down to Normal. Took us 4 hours.

Anyone saying this game is somehow too short is a dumb asshole :)

Thing is it doesn't even matter there's 4 chapters. The amount of times you can replay one level let alone 20. Tried the Versus mode today for a few hours, my god is that fun. 4 of us against 4 infected. I'm so shit at being anything other than a Boomer I need some practice. The other team kicked our ass though, they were too good. On the one hand it's harder than Expert because the infected are people not AI, however people make mistakes and we'd often find infected quickly hiding behind corners thinking we hadn't seen them only to get flushed out. Pretty hilarious.

We got all the way to part five on Advanced, tried a shitload of times and toned it down to Normal. Took us 4 hours.

Anyone saying this game is somehow too short is a dumb asshole :)

Last night I went round a friends for some 4 player local. Did almost exactly that. Took about 4 hours for that first campaign. It's far more fun with Advanced IMO, though everyone kept complaining about the amount of times we had to redo bits so we ended up toning it down.

Then we rocketed through the other 2 campaigns on easy and a third on normal, doing a most kills contest (I was 2nd each time, gah). They took literally 30 minutes each.

Nice touch: In the credits it says 'In Memory of' followed by the name of anyone who died before the extraction.

Thing is, now that I've had a solid night of this game, I don't feel particularly inclined to play any more :S

I love this game!

Completed the first campaign, but sadly i didn't make it! When the Chopper arrived a huge swarm of Zombies came at us, along with a tank! I was never going to make it from the radio room all the way to the helipad on 1hp, so i screamed at my team mates to leave me, volunteering to hold the enemy off! I hopped on the chain gun and started mowing down Infected, covering my friends' backs as they ran. It wasn't long before i was on my back, bleeding out and blasting as many zombies as i could!

Two people survived. The tank got the other guy :weep:

I love this game!

Completed the first campaign, but sadly i didn't make it! When the Chopper arrived a huge swarm of Zombies came at us, along with a tank! I was never going to make it from the radio room all the way to the helipad on 1hp, so i screamed at my team mates to leave me, volunteering to hold the enemy off! I hopped on the chain gun and started mowing down Infected, covering my friends' backs as they ran. It wasn't long before i was on my back, bleeding out and blasting as many zombies as i could!

Two people survived. The tank got the other guy :weep:

It's scenarios like this which make the game. I must admit i've come under several situations where i've made the self sacrifice for my team mates. Then you get people insisting on their team coming back for them when it's futile. They get left behind anyway unless it's just outside the safe room.