NEurope
Dan_Dare

Left 4 Dead: A Thread For Suvivalists

Erm I play every night with ipaul and there are plenty of people and plenty of mics.

well I'll take your word for it, I suppose. In fact, throw me an invite some time.

PC Version definately.

I'm not making the same mistake I did with the Orange Box.

This should be better, though. Lower player count and dedicated servers to boost connection strength. Only issue could be DLC but hopefully the 360 release of the TF2 stuff means Valve could be pushing 360 harder.

PC Version definately.

I'm not making the same mistake I did with the Orange Box.

Pretty much this.

you're probably right, but I'm a 360 guy. I'm not missing out even if the pc version is better.

Didn't really much about this game until u made this thread!

I like what i have seen so far. I shall be keeping my eye on this...

YAY! Demo is on the way.

Valve's Gabe Newell has announced a playable demo of the co-op survival horror game Left 4 Dead that will be released for both Xbox 360 and PC and will feature both single player mode and online co-op play.

As for content, Newell told VideoGamer, "I don't know what the date is for release [of the demo] though. I think it's going to contain the first part of one of the campaigns. I think it'll probably be Hospital but I'm not sure."

Left 4 Dead is due to hit the shops at the end of November, but there is no word if the demo will be out first or will appear later to try and mop up any stragglers.

YAY! Demo is on the way.

Cool, though it's likely that the demo will be out after the the game's been released. That's the Valve way. :heh: Unless they decide to use the same method as they did with TF2, by releasing it early as a beta, for everyone who preordered.

Speaking of which, I hope it can be preorderd and preloaded soon...

Hopefully they get the demo out before the game, that way i can find out if my mates will buy it or not (if not im getting the PC version).

An open beta would be pretty sweet, don't think they'll do it though. It was used to sort the balancing in TF2, it's not so important in L4D

DEMO UPDATE!

http://www.halflife2.net/ has reported that they've had an e-mail off Doug Lombardi, which says;

We are doing a demo for L4D. We're planning to have it available prior to launch on both the 360 and PC. Specific details on what's contained in the demo, etc., will be announced in the next few weeks.

Meanwhile pre-orders are happening now at major retailers, including Gamestop. Those who pre-order either the 360 or the PC version receive $5 off the regular price. Folks can expect to see the same type of savings when the Steam pre-purchase period begins next month.

As for pre-launch access of the game for those who pre-order (as in the case of TF2/Orange Box), we're still finalizing our plans. Please stay tuned for more on that.

Looks like the demo is going to be out soon then. Good to hear!

Also, the Left 4 Dead fan site, left4dead411, have a HD version of the E3 presentation and an extended version of the trailer. Check it here; www.left4dead411.com

The Left 4 Dead demo is available for preload now, for anyone who's preordered off Steam. It's available to play from 7am PST today, so 3pm GMT (bloody time zones...) I've got work till 6 though, but I'll deffinitely be up for some zombie blasting when I get back. :grin:

demo is pretty damn good, only had a chance to play with computer controlled team mates so far since the servers are borked atm :)

Has anyone actually played the PC demo yet? Its probably one of the most fun FPS i've ever played... Having to rely on each other and how dynamic the AI director is, its pretty incredible. Can't wait for the final game.

how? it asks for a transaction code...

I made one up. It took over 24 hours for them to send me the code, though.

I've just done it without entering one and the system seemed to accept it. Wierd :hmm: I guess i'll see some time this weekend if they are gonna send it or not

The demo is awesome. It's possibly a bit too addictive.

Edit: ****! It's gone past 4AM and I'm still playing.

I've just done it without entering one and the system seemed to accept it. Wierd :hmm: I guess i'll see some time this weekend if they are gonna send it or not

I did that. PM if it works?

Can't wait for this. It's probably my most anticipated game atm- although in a way it's as much about who I'll be playing with as much as the game itself. It's going to be hilarious with my Halo regs.