NEurope
Daft

Killzone 2

I have a question. How the hell do you get into the beta (if there is a way). I NEED to play this. Also, I think it's out in february/march.

I don't think they're letting anyone else in now; the Beta ends on Sunday. Still, the game itself will most likely be coming out at the end of February, so it isn't that far off.

Betting on March/April

Are the MP zones regular, conventional battlefields with the odd high-level platform, or are they more interactive/lively, with things like moving platforms/terrains, vehicles, destructible buildings, etc?

And all the clips I've seen have been set in warehouses, what are the exterior locations like? How do they compare to Coagulation on Halo 2?

There is not that much interactivity. Its mainly cosmetic. Exterior levels are great. Bear in mind no vehicles. Damage is mainly cosmetic but it can have the odd effect on gameplay. E.g Hiding behind pillars that can be worn down or overturned table. None of the levels have really huge open spaces there's usually debris and stuff littered around.

We only have access to 3 maps though and its really fun as it is. Hope the other maps are as good. So far not got any actual worries about the multiplayer. Its good going to be really popular on N-Europe.

Saw this on the 1up Show a few weeks back and one thing that concerns me is how hardcore and realistic it sounds... They said about how the weapons are closely modelled on real life counterparts and how the art of shooting is represented makes it sound like hard work..

The weapons are very realistic. You almost feel like you are holding the gun because the bullets seem to have a great impact on enemies and movement feels sluggish because of the weight of the weapons. Helps having rumble.

There is alot of media from many websites.

Looks improved over the beta. :smile:

Hopefully single player is great. Then again not hard to top COD4 there. The multiplayer is already makes KZ2 the game to beat. Put in about 70 hours into the beta so far. Still feels great.

Have never really watched much single player coverage of this but there is ton on the net now like choze said and just wow this looks like the next step in terms of graphics for the PS3...gonna defo preorder this!

The old CG trailer and current ingame is now quite close in many ways.

kz20052008ot9.jpg

33yorpz.jpg

killzone22005vs2008wv2.jpg

Detail.jpg

206kn5x.png

59su8j.png

I hope the single player is great because the multi is going to be very popular.

Sony seem to have backtracked on media because they think too much was coming out...

I was slightly surprised that there will only be 8 maps in the final game, but I guess that's enough.

I was slightly surprised that there will only be 8 maps in the final game, but I guess that's enough.

Thats so they can offer more as DLC, earning more £££$$$'s.

I'd rather play the 3 maps in the beta over and over than play any other shooter right now. :smile:

I hope there is DLC. I can see myself playing for a long long time.

928377_20081209_screen004.jpg

928377_20081209_screen012.jpg

Killzone2Com2.jpg

lovely.

Well it looks like review copies are out and the game is pretty much finished now(pre gold).

I miss the multi player so so much. :(

Cant wait. This is going to be the next big fps franchise. Quite amazing how far KZ2 has come from a crappy KZ1 from the infmaous CG to what it is now. Infact it looks more impressive than the CG in many ways now!

No news on pre order bonuses in Europe yet. The US has Home costumes to a demo.

I want it to be an AAA game, I just hope that the fun factor is there with all the grey matter and seriousness.

Didn't think you'd be interested in it Daz.

I want it to be an AAA game, I just hope that the fun factor is there with all the grey matter and seriousness.

Well the multiplayer is the best this gen. Coming out of the beta. :D So people will be playing this for a long long time to come.

Single player lets see. But from what i played at the expo it will be good at worst.

Did you find in the beta though that the multiplayer weapons weren't quite varied enough? Some of the assault rifles pretty much did the same thing.

Shooting someone down is very fun however, especially when you crack someone in the grid with a shotgun. Good times.

A quick couple of questions for those who have played the beta:

Roughly how many bullets does it take to kill someone? And can you adjust the turning speed?

Adjusting aiming preferences is a standard in FPS now I think.

As for bullets, I'd say it is more than Cod4 but much less than Resistance if you've played those games - which is a good balance I think.

Did you find in the beta though that the multiplayer weapons weren't quite varied enough? Some of the assault rifles pretty much did the same thing.

All weapons are different. E.g scope assault rifle is more accurate. Plenty of weapons to unlock. Aiming is different from most shooters. But adjusting is easy. Ground up for controllers. Bullets vary. Headshot is 1 any bullet. Sniper and shotgun 1 hit too.

All weapons are different. E.g scope assault rifle is more accurate. Plenty of weapons to unlock. Aiming is different from most shooters. But adjusting is easy. Ground up for controllers. Bullets vary. Headshot is 1 any bullet. Sniper and shotgun 1 hit too.

LORD LET THIS BE TRUE! Been maining shotguns in shooters ever since...perfect dark on the 64 with it's glorious double shot effect. I hate it though when they are gimped and require you to hit enemies more than once. If I hit you point blank with my boom stick, that should be the end of you. No ifs, no buts, no coconuts.

Yeah 1 hit kill on body. May occasionally not be if someone wears body armour and you half hit, which is only one class I recall. But even then one hit is very likely.

Either way you will have tons of fun. Its really well made, tons of server options. Plus we can do a real clan. Takes the idea of clans further than any game before it ;) You gets points everything.

Yeah 1 hit kill on body. May occasionally not be if someone wears body armour and you half hit, which is only one class I recall. But even then one hit is very likely.

Either way you will have tons of fun. Its really well made, tons of server options. Plus we can do a real clan. Takes the idea of clans further than any game before it ;) You gets points everything.

Well at least we are in 2009 now so its that long a wait till it's released. Problem is, there is alot of other stuff that will be vying for my attention, and then I have some games sat here under my tv that need completing too.