NEurope
Daft

Killzone 2

Killzone_2_Logo.1.jpg

27495_normal.jpg

The more I hear about this the more I look forward to it. Eurogamer have a hands on with the multiplayer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=227226

KZ21.jpgKZ22.jpgKZ23.jpgkillzone2_3speech.jpg1306_0001.jpg

I like the fact it looks really gray but there are loads of vibrant colours around the place, like the explosions or the Helgast's eyes or the sight on the guns.

Also the game supports bots which I think is awesome! Anyone know if it supports split-screen co-op and multiplayer?

Killzone_2_Logo.1.jpg

27495_normal.jpg

The more I hear about this the more I look forward to it. Eurogamer have a hands on with the multiplayer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=227226

KZ21.jpgKZ22.jpgKZ23.jpgkillzone2_3speech.jpg1306_0001.jpg

I like the fact it looks really gray but there are loads of vibrant colours around the place, like the explosions or the Helgast's eyes or the sight on the guns.

Also the game supports bots which I think is awesome! Anyone know if it supports split-screen co-op and multiplayer?

I was one of the few that loved the original. This is a day 1 purchase for me but when exactly is it out? I get the feeling that its out early next year :(

I was one of the few that loved the original. This is a day 1 purchase for me but when exactly is it out? I get the feeling that its out early next year :(

It is. Christmas peak belongs to Resistance 2. I'll have both.

It is. Christmas peak belongs to Resistance 2. I'll have both.

God damnit. Well actually resistance 2 looks much more enticing that the first so I may actually pick that up anyways.

I think graphically this looks better than Resistance but I think Killzone lacks character somehow, Nathan Hale seems more badass.

I'm glad there's bot support because I always want to play 2/3/4 player with other people.

I've played a bit of Killzone 1 and neither liked or disliked it. Remember the enemies taking a lot of lead though!

Yeah that was the good thing about the first. There are two sides. Both are humans. So its not as one sided and one dimensional like most games(especially in this genre). You can check videos out on Youtube.

The new videos at Lipezeg are amazing. I think they nailed it graphically and importantly in style. Its gritty and dark but there are stand out artistic moments that make it unique.

The classes look very fun in multiplayer too. Sci fi twists with a sense of realism to it. The sniper class is great for example.

sniper.gif

08-noscale.jpg

Accordign to eurogamer online will be pretty nice feature wise.

Cunningly, players will also be able to create a session that allows them to play through each game type on the same map - with a massive amount of customisation possible. "We want you to play the game just the way you like it - you can create any type of game and change almost every aspect of it," says Boltjes. So, if the host so desires, they can specify the exact weapon types present, bomb defusal times, revival time, the skill level of players that can join the game, and even password the session if you really want to keep the great unwashed out.

Game progression is a big deal, too, with Guerrilla keen to make it "as transparent as possible". "At the end of every game, you see how many points you've scored," Boltjes points out, although we probably guessed that one. "You can see if you've ranked up, you see what you've unlocked, how you can use it and how it benefits you. The game features 12 military ranks, each unlocking new features. In addition we have 46 different medals which you earn by doing special things in the game, such as doing ten headshots or reviving ten people.

Animation: 9urls7.gif

I downloaded one of the Killzone trailers on the store and everything looked great until the space-age helicopter thing flew in. It looked rediculous lol.

i never played the first one, so im expecting good things from this one

i never played the first one, so im expecting good things from this one

I had a PS2 at the time but the game got absolutely slated outside of OPM so I didn't touch it. I hope this long break has done it good.

I've been reading a lot of coverage about the BETA, a lot of people saying it has the best graphics, the best FPS engine, and the best multiplayer FPS ever made.

But PSX Extreme are saying there's something even better, which they'll reveal on Dec 4th:

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/4120.html

I say it's the single player mode.

In the public beta right now. :smile:

Cant say much yet. But shooter wise this will be the game to beat :heh:

I played the first, it really wasn't that bad it just got too hyped and caught flak for it. I kinda liked it though.

The problem though for me and the KZ series is that in the first game (and looks like it in the second) it was just kinda bland and boring and easy. I don't need a hard like Veteran on CoD4, but the gameplay was just.....bleh.

That said, it does look the second has improved, and it looks very fun.

And about the people saying best graphics.......well maybe on a console. Comparing graphics on a console is subjective to preference and opinion, but the truth is that Crysis has been and still is the most realistic game. That isn't opinion, it really is fact. Here's the thing though, realistic =/= graphics I think Banjo&Kazooie:N&B has great graphics, just not realistic.

In the public beta right now. :smile:

Cant say much yet. But shooter wise this will be the game to beat :heh:

I catch you playing it quite a lot on PSN...

not that I'm jealous or anything...

Damn you!! :heh:

Im jealous. REALLY REALLY jealous. Really liked the first game actually. Did wish it had vehicular bits like Halo sometimes though (not a fanboy of Halo, in fact the first two bored me half the time).

My friend got into this beta. It's a good game, has great graphics, but I haven't experienced the fun-factor with it yet.

It is a must-get but there's something that I don't really get with it yet. Probably because I've only seen it on the small screen and played very little so far.

Wait till you play it. I ranked all the way to the top last time. Resent for the open beta and now i dont mind doing it again...

Really fun game. As i said next year is a bad time for other shooters :heh:

Well seems like everyone is breaking the NDA...

Might as well start putting stuff together.

Really fun game. The shooting is unparalleled in a fps. Its intense :)

I could tell that the guns were less less accurate in the story demo than the multi player beta.

Textures are sharper in the single player.

Graphically its great as everyone can see. It has its own style. In Gracht you can see the sky has low blowing clouds and lightning. The art style really stands out.

Sound is great. Hope music is too.

Damage is mainly cosmetic. It has an affect on gameplay sure, but in reality its tiny e.g pillars and tables in Radec Academy.

Clans have special recognition and will be ranked like solo players but in a more competitive way. You can lose honor points.

Servers are very customisable.

Lots of teamwork brownie points. E.g Medics can heal and revive fallen players. Tactician can create spawn points. Without teamwork you will lose.

Amazing animation. Really adds to everything.

Ranking is really big in the game. At first you start of as a plain soldier with only the assault rifles. You need to keep ranking to unlock. Some abilities require goals.

Will write about classes later.

Awesome. Thanks Choze. This and Heavy Rain are my two most anticipated games of next year. I really can't wait.

Yeah it feels polished enough for release already. Shame not many in N-europe got into the beta.

Classes are huge in this game but they take a while to unlock all. The sniper is last. First is medic.

Its really enjoyable and killzone.com is being used for stats. Iam surprised they nailed this. It wasnt what i got the PS3 for but its definately top of my list for next year.

Any questions?

Whens it due out, got so many games I wanna fit in next year when I'm play catch up this might get in the way..

Any questions?

Are the MP zones regular, conventional battlefields with the odd high-level platform, or are they more interactive/lively, with things like moving platforms/terrains, vehicles, destructible buildings, etc?

And all the clips I've seen have been set in warehouses, what are the exterior locations like? How do they compare to Coagulation on Halo 2?

Well from what I've played the maps have been varied. There's a courtyard map similar to one in Rainbow Six Vegas, which has tight close range combat and then one big room.

There's another map that takes place pretty much all outside bar a couple of rooms either side of a road. Sniper country I think.

Finally there is my favourite level that has multiple heights and variety. Graphically it is stunning, and there's combat is situated at the bases of the map, occassionly firefights on a walkway between the two.

There aren't really any moving parts of vehicles, but there's ladders, a few explosive barrels and unmanned machine guns.

The weapons have a great weight to them and when you get off a good shot it is immensely satisfying. (You need a Dual Shock 3 if you buy this).