NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Portlett

Whats the best multiplayer game for the Wii?

Whats the best multiplayer game for the wii in your opinion, not online just with friends at home.

I'd have to say Wii Sports. A bunch of us played it the other day and it's still as much fun to play as it was at launch.

Just hope the next one is as much fun (needs better games than what we've seen so far to do that though)

I would have to say Wii Sports is great for when people who would not normally play games come over!

But Brawl is excellent and there is hidden depth to the multiplayer I didn't realise! ^______^ Now I'm a bit better at it! (I need to start playing it again!)

Mario Kart is probably my favourite as you can just jump straight in and I'm still playing it just as much now as the day it came out! :grin: It's awesome to play with friends (especially the NE Evenings :D)

Can be a bit frustrating! :p

And an odd choice next but Kororimpa is great in Multiplayer it was fun just relaxing playing this game and I had a good laugh with my friend while playing it. :)

Imo it goes something like this:

Non Gamers:

Wii Sports - Still uber awesome

Carnival Games - Couple of turds but most are great for "motion" fun

Mario Kart - As deep or as shallow as you want it to be (wheel helps)

Boom Blox - BUY IT! Everyone I know who plays it loves it

Gamers:

Brawl - More depth than space

Mario Kart - Ditto. Best Wii online title too!

PES '08 - Footy heaven with uber unique controls.

Boom Blox - Grabs you and doesn't let go

Honestly it really depends on your friends. But Wii Sports together with Mario Kart, Boom Blox and Brawl can't miss.

If I had to choose one I'd say Brawl though.

If you're playing with non-gamers probably Wii sports. If its with hardcore or even casual gamers I'd go with brawl. Mario kart isn't really that good in split screen I find.

Probably Mario Kart - I had good fun with it in split screen and online is just utterly amazing - split screen multiplayer with my sis playing is just one of the funniest things ever!

Brawl, offline and with 3 other decent folk is great. I find people who don't get it, don't enjoy it so it kinda dampens the experience. MK is just very accessible, and it's just good for everyone! Brawl is more for the hardcore, so when you do have 3 excellent players, it's certainly more epic than MK. But Brawl online is just the most dreadful thing in the world - I really hope the members of Nintendo who were responsible for it are taken outside and shot - they completely ruined it. Hence why MK gets my vote!

Otherwise, Wii Sports - Bowling and TV Show King is a close runner-up!

Mario Kart because it's instantly accessible and anyone can win a race now and then which makes it more forgiving than Brawl. Plus, it's the game we've all been waiting for online since the SNES!

Mario Kart Wii is one of the greatest multiplayer games ever IMO. Right up there with GoldeEye.

All the games mentioned are brilliant (except Carnival Games, I bought that on tapedecks advice and its awful ;) ). Aside from the ones mentioned I would say the first Rayman Rabbids game is great an am absolutely stunned no one has mentioned Wario Ware - with a group of people the game is great!

I would agree that Mario Kart Wii is absolutely awesome and it is, for me too, right up there with Goldeneye. Thing is - if they had used to the MK online system for Smash then that would probably be my fave game but as it stands MK edges it.

...except Carnival Games, I bought that on tapedecks advice and its awful ;)

Tbf I thought you were 8! :heh:

I seem to love the coconut shy style level with the bowling pins. And the target shoot and the wild west shoot out. Maybe it's from my mis-spent youth in Disney lands Arcades :o

And for about £15-20 all of my non-gaming buds think it's a great laugh. Just prey you don't have any ethnic friends. :blank:

Just been playing MOHH2, 32 player online is fun. But you have to be pretty jedi to do any good. It runs very smoothly and if you get good it's great. I just had a horrible game though. Two hackers were present and were unkillable. They both had over 50 kills and no deaths. That, whilst not impossible, is highly unlikely (about a million to one!). What is impossible is when I ran at one from behind emptied a whole magazine into him and he lived to kill me. It was CTF and he wiped out the whole base. What a jerk, why do people ruin a game like that?

I've played a lot of fun games on the Wii. It really a console where anybody can join in, and I can vouch for that, as I've had a lot of fun experiences with my housemates and the Wii.

One experience in particular stood out for me, and that was Mario Kart Wii.

A good friend of mine had her boyfriend down for the weekend, and he bought along Mario Kart and the Wii Wheel. Now, the house had about 7 of us at the time, and Mario Kart online allows for 4 player split-screen. Soo...we had a lot of games where the opponents were mixed and match.

I can't honestly remember the last time I had so much fun playing a multiplayer game. Whilst online is awesome, and you can have more players, there really is nothing like splitscreen. Having your friends physically there, and being able to rub their noses in it when they lose, is pure bliss!

I can't remember which level it was, as I do not own the game personally, but there were cows on the track. My mates pissed themselves laughing when I bumped into one just seconds into the race. So, every time I could see a cow, I gave out a call to warn myself and everyone:

"COOOOOW!"

"hahahahah"

It really was hilarious, and I can't wait to play more.

So, my vote goes to Mario Kart Wii.

Mario and Sonic Olympics is also a brilliant multiplayer!?!?!

Tbf I thought you were 8! :heh:

I seem to love the coconut shy style level with the bowling pins. And the target shoot and the wild west shoot out. Maybe it's from my mis-spent youth in Disney lands Arcades :o

And for about £15-20 all of my non-gaming buds think it's a great laugh. Just prey you don't have any ethnic friends. :blank:

Do I really come across as special....? :)

The game is okay, most games though you can perfect too easily and are thus completely redundant, and the others are just pretty random!! It's alright, but bizarrely I was expecting more.

Brawl is the best mulitplayer game ever. Especially local.

I would say only when it's local - Online is one of my top ten worst gaming experiences ever.

When it's local though it really does add another level to it - I think all the frantic action goes down well when you're in a room with 3 mates and it's not so serious. Online is more proving yourself to the world whilst doing your best to overcome the worst lag encountered in a game in the history of gaming. Hell, 32 player Return to Castle Wolfenstein on dial-up was smoother than Brawl.

Sign in to follow this