NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
tomma1000

Which laptop?

Hey

Was looking at buying my first laptop and wondered if you guys could help.

Choices seem to be between the Asus 901 and 1000 or Acer 5315 or 5720.

Want to use it for going away to university and typing out word files and surfing the internet. Aware that the acer models are heavier and have less battery life but seem to have far more features.

Any advice?

Cheers

You could try Dell Business laptops - you just make up a business name. I have a Vostro 1400 and it is pretty nice. You get quidco cashback with Dell too.

With Dell, it makes sense to tip the laptop over £300 so you get free delivery, otherwise it's a rip off £60.

cheers ill have a look

was thinking about the asus 1000h as cant find the 1000 anywhere

seems more portable and with battery life seems a more sensible choice. any feedback on it?

cheers

If you want a low cost net book:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/219404

Advent 4211, its the "UK Version" of the MSI Wind. I personally own one and its pretty fantastic. The only downside is, battery life is around 2 hours till the 6 cell battery comes out later next month.

I have this laptop and its a fantastic little machine. Small, light, quick, cheap. But as Jordan says the battery life is awful so be on the lookout for 6 cell batteries. OH and its £249 at Currys at the moment :)

If you want a low cost net book:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/219404

Advent 4211, its the "UK Version" of the MSI Wind. I personally own one and its pretty fantastic. The only downside is, battery life is around 2 hours till the 6 cell battery comes out later next month.

Nice do you reckon it would be good for Uni as I need one for university.

Tbh Does anyone know the best performance (to play semi-old games Rome Total War etc) (around £300) laptop. Basically a decent machine thats not gonna break the bank. cheers.

Sign in to follow this