NEurope
Noku

Rumor: RE2 Wiimake

Havent played Re2, rather play a remake with IR shooting than a VC/gamecube game.

Probably have extras too, sounds good.

I may have just creamed at the possiblity of this being true, RE2 on the N64 was the first RE game I owned and played in full (numerous times... seriously i used to wake up in the morning, start a new file and finish it in the one day just for kicks).

REmake was just a great experience it was like playing a real Directors Cut (not counting of course RE Directors Cut), like it was how the game was meant to be but they got the idea of it a console generation too early and didn't quite get what they wanted.

I've been waiting for a proper upgrade of RE2 since then... though that didn't stop me getting it on the GC (at full price... i know i'm mad).

As for the "loading doors", i'm glad to see a few people wanting to keep those. I loved how those were kept in REmake, it was additional tension which kept you a little on-edge. So i wouldn't mind if they were still in a REmake2.

And I hope this "swordsman" enemy is something like what "Lisa Trevor" was in REmake, that would be awesome.

As for the RE4 view, would be cool if they could do it for the whole game, but given the layout of the game and the locations it would be difficult and might not work well with most of the game taking place in confined areas.

Plus unless the Zombies get an upgrade to move faster ala the Ganados such a view point would make things way too easy.

This would also involve some rewriting of the rules for what the T-Virus can do which wouldn't be a good thing, could wreck alot of the RE mythos/lore

I reckon the parts with the RE4 angle/controls will be whole new areas designed around that style. Like the "new" outdoor areas and Lisa areas in REmake. Plus a few (but not many) areas of the original game that might open enough to use it.

Hope they do the full 4 scenarios too, would be a downer if they didn't remake the B scenarios.

Plus seeing upgraded models for William and Mr. X should be awesome and even more nightmarish.

[/REfanboy]

This is the best news ever if true. I have been after a Resident Evil 2 remake since the original got a gloss of paint on the Cube.

Heck yeah, this is what I have asked for the whole last year...I was very disappointed that REmake was the only game getting the graphical overhaul(well RE0 was not a remake) while the other games were simply ported over in their current state

I even asked for this on the DS since RE:DS

Even if the graphics were not pre-rendered, the Wii should very well be able to make it a good-looking title

What the fuck?! Put the loading doors back in. It's part of classic Resi Evil lore. I love them.

I stopped playing REmake because of it. It's a hard game where you have to go back and forth a lot, being afraid forced to spend God knows how long looking at a door open is torture. Leave the "video" there, but make it skippable at most.

FFS!!! FORGET IT...

Grr, this pisses me so much, why the hell...

Grr, words can't explain how much frustation i have over this announcment.

Wouldn't be easier to get it into the VC, or something like that? FFS!!!

I want to play a new game/a Resident Evil 5.

You're hilarious. You want a new game, tell me, did you play Resident Evil 2? And by play I don't mean trying it, I mean really playing it.

This is awesome news indeed - aslong as it's done properly with good IR controls and decent graphics.

I never really got the chance to play Resident Evil games before RE4 (mostly though my own choice - didn't like PS RE) and I'd love to play an updated version. Chill out Maase - if this is even true it's clearly not instead of RE5 Wii as that was never going to happen anyway.

I stopped playing REmake because of it. It's a hard game where you have to go back and forth a lot, being afraid forced to spend God knows how long looking at a door open is torture. Leave the "video" there, but make it skippable at most.

You're hilarious. You want a new game, tell me, did you play Resident Evil 2? And by play I don't mean trying it, I mean really playing it.

No, i didn't played it... But i can play it anytime i want it.

Remaking games is so lame, first in the Movies, now in Videogame industry.

I don't know if you ever saw Rui Unas talking about remakes? If you saw, you pretty much see my reaction to this.

I want something a New IP/something good to Resident Evil (Something like a game with a different story, using the Resident Evil 4 engine.

Edit: Oh, and for those who actually expect good controls, and using all Wii capabilities in this game, stop disappointing yourselves, FFS.

Edit: Oh, and for those who actually expect good controls, and using all Wii capabilities in this game, stop disappointing yourselves, FFS.
Who expects that?

I couldn't care if it didn't use the Wii-mote what so ever [other than for some puzzles and any Resi 4 style section they choose to put in]. Even if it has the clunkier traditional controls.

Another pre-rendered visuals remake would make the most sense, with perhaps RE4 controls saved for puzzles, any new areas, and perhaps remakes of the boss fights.

A Resi 2 REmake would be a guaranteed million seller.

You know, as much as I want this to be true. I really doubt it is. I mean, there's supposedly to be info on it in the latest Famitsu. Since this is the internet we're talking about, shouldn't those scans have surfaced already?

Im not saying there's no possibility of Capcom working on a RE2: Wii Edition. It's just that this story that's going around screams fake. The source? A bulletin board post... How credible is that? :P

According to GoNintendo this is basically not happening now, they've got a quote from the Capcom guys (I forget his name, maybe Svensson?) saying that it's not even worth commenting upon. This could of course be to knock us off of the scent if they want a big reveal but more likely that the rumour is false.

According to GoNintendo this is basically not happening now, they've got a quote from the Capcom guys (I forget his name, maybe Svensson?) saying that it's not even worth commenting upon. This could of course be to knock us off of the scent if they want a big reveal but more likely that the rumour is false.

To quote another mod from the Capcom forums:

Unless it's been announced there's nothing to talk about.

In other words no Capcom employees will mention anything about future game plans. Even if there are new RE games planned, the official statement (for the time being) on the matter is that nothing is planned, even if that isn't true.

Hence why Sven gets away with anything. "Not even worth a comment" is as ambiguous as a "yes" or a "no."

No, i didn't played it... But i can play it anytime i want it.

Remaking games is so lame, first in the Movies, now in Videogame industry.

I don't know if you ever saw Rui Unas talking about remakes? If you saw, you pretty much see my reaction to this.

I want something a New IP/something good to Resident Evil (Something like a game with a different story, using the Resident Evil 4 engine.

As much as I like Unas, his opinion about movies and games means shit to me. Some games and movies are classics that deserve to be replayed, if they can be replayed in a better way, great. The first RE was such a case.

Seriously, stop being a dolt. How the hell do you know what this game will be like (if it even exists)?

How the hell do i know?

LOOOOOOL

You all know, it isn't just me.

Seriously, Capcom is just making a cash in, like it was said here, it will be a million seller, but its obvious that the controlls will be shit compared to what could be done in a new franchise/new Resident Evil 5...

This is facts, its not my opinion.

The facts are:

-You can port it to the Virtual Console.

-You can play it if you have a N64

-The remake will waste the Capcom's team

-And the Capcom teams could do new franchises like Zack and Wiki.

Instead, they're just cashing in with a remake.

Now, to my opinion:

JUST GIVE US A NEW FRANCHISE, FFS!!!!!!

The facts are:

-You can port it to the Virtual Console.

-You can play it if you have a N64

-The remake will waste the Capcom's team

-And the Capcom teams could do new franchises like Zack and Wiki.

Now, to my opinion:

JUST GIVE US A NEW FRANCHISE, FFS!!!!!!

- There's no third party N64 games on the Virtual Console to my knowledge. Nintendo haven't even released an N64 game in ages.

- Not everyone has a N64, or is willing to track one down plus a copy of Resi 2 on eBay.

- How big do you think Capcom is? They own many subsidaries and are a massive company themselves.

- Zack and Wiki only came out this year, asking for a sequel at this point is greedy. I really wouldn't want it turning into a franchise that gets yearly updates anyway...

Seriously, you need to calm down.

You can port it to the Virtual Console.

cashing in with a remake

port it to the Virtual Console

Yeah, makes sense.

Yep, how much does it cost in Virtual Console?

10 Euros

Retail?

Will it be better than the Virtual Console version?

Problably not, sure, better graphics, and better system controls, but most of the remakes end up beinga bad experience compared with the original.

So, yeah, i made sense, i think :S

To be honest, over time, some games tend to look less spectacular, and the impact they originally had is lost on its new audience, particularly if we're spoiled by graphics and gameplay as seen in the likes of Super Mario Galaxy.

Some games just need an update, a little polishing, to be brought into the new generation. Sure, you can just play the original game, but it will NOT have the same impact as it did 10 years ago, because you are playing a game older than a decade old in the present.

Perhaps this is why so many Final Fantasy VII fans are calling for a remake.

I'm behind this 100%. I played and loved the Resident Evil remake on the Gamecube, and it allowed me to play a game that I didn't have a chance to play before. I've also played Code Veronica on the Dreamcast, and whilst the game is pretty good, it just felt a bit too clunky and dated by the time I had gotten around to playing it. If I'd have played it at the right time, then I would no doubt have loved it immensly. But, that has gone now.

You're completely missing the point here. The remake is not a port, it is a remake. It will be completely remade and enhanced, Capcom aren't going to go making it worse...

You're completely missing the point here. The remake is not a port, it is a remake. It will be completely remade and enhanced, Capcom aren't going to go making it worse...

Was that aimed at me or Maaase?

Was that aimed at me or Maaase?

Maase, that's what I get for leaving a tab open and not pressing reply for half an hour. :heh:

Maase, that's what I get for leaving a tab open and not pressing reply for half an hour. :heh:

Haha, I thought so.

You're getting slow in your old age, old man. ;)

What a silly argument this has developed into.

FACT 1: Lazy developers on the Wii port PS2 games or PSP games without updating the graphics or the gameplay and simply adding a bit of 'waggle'!

FACT 2: Lazy developers also release shite like Dogz, Catz, Monkey Madness etc, I'm basically talking about Ubisoft.

FACT 3: Re-making a classic game with NEW graphics, with a NEW over the shoulder RE4 style gameplay and NEW IR aiming would not be lazy. It would not be a cheap cash in, it would be the re-birth and modern realisation of a classic.

What a silly argument this has developed into.

FACT 1: Lazy developers on the Wii port PS2 games or PSP games without updating the graphics or the gameplay and simply adding a bit of 'waggle'!

FACT 2: Lazy developers also release shite like Dogz, Catz, Monkey Madness etc, I'm basically talking about Ubisoft.

FACT 3: Re-making a classic game with NEW graphics, with a NEW over the shoulder RE4 style gameplay and NEW IR aiming would not be lazy. It would not be a cheap cash in, it would be the re-birth and modern realisation of a classic.

Prepare to be disappointed, mister...