NEurope
Mike

New Red Dwarf episode to be made!

According to Robert Llewellyn, who plays Kryten:

http://llewtube.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=841

I wasn't really impressed by series 8 but hopefully they've come up with some decent jokes in ten years. :p I just hope they get them right away from the prison, and back in space. Actually, I'd really like it to carry on from the series 8 cliffhanger, and as this will surely be the last episode, I'd love for them to get back to earth in the end.

*wonders if Lister is still going to be in his late twenties..*

If Craig Charles and the person who plays Rimmer (forgot name) aren't in this then there is no point, but I guess it's kind of a reunion episode. I'm not a huge fan but I have watched the first 3/4 series.

Cat!

If Craig Charles and the person who plays Rimmer (forgot name) aren't in this then there is no point, but I guess it's kind of a reunion episode. I'm not a huge fan but I have watched the first 3/4 series.

Cat!

There's no way they'd do it without the main cast.

There was talk of a movie years ago, I guess this is what it became.

Fucking AWESOME!!

The best series are out in space on Starbug IMO, love that little green ship! Series 6 is possibly my favourite.

Didn't really like series 8 all that much, so I'm looking forward to seeing what this hour long episode delivers for the end of the show.

From one fan to another i think this is excellent. Just hope all of the original cast are involved otherwise i probably will give this a miss. Imagine someone else portraying Rimmer, Cat or Lister. It wouldn't work because too many people will be comparing them to Craig, Chris and Danny's performances.

Heres reckoning that this will air over the Christmas period as filming is in October this year.

I wonder if they will keep the cheesey charm of the spaceships and not make it realistic. That would be cool.

It became shit when they brought in Kochanski as a main character. Let's hope she dies a horrible death in the opening sequence.

It became shit when they brought in Kochanski as a main character.
Agreed, that's really why I enjoyed series 7/8 less.

Though Krytons reactions to her were incredible!

They wouldn't do it without the main cast, or else it wouldn't be the same show!

Why are people even discussing that possibility?

It became shit when they brought in Kochanski as a main character. Let's hope she dies a horrible death in the opening sequence.

Kochanski was sexy and would've recieved a prime Shabba'isation [shat on the original actress. Stick thin bitch that she was]. Even better on the continuity scale when they changed her hair in 7 to 8, but the longer hair was much better.

However I'm not sure I'm feeling this, it might be good and it wasn't that great an ending originally. But I'm torn between having a mediocre ending and living with it, and having the wounds reopened by something even shitter in the future.

Agreed, that's really why I enjoyed series 7/8 less.

Though Krytons reactions to her were incredible!

What was that? Inny and out bits? A silly walk?

YOU'RE LYYYYIIIIIIING!

This would be awesome!! - I'm just a little concerned that it would be like 7 and 8, being awfully lazy and slapstick!

This is great news - I just hope it lives up to the promise.

I guess I'd be in the minority then by saying i enjoyed 7, though I admit 8 definitely showed signs of a program in need of direction.

Heard this on the radio that they are actually making FOUR new episodes. quick look on digital spy revealed;

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a126627/red-dwarf-to-make-digital-return.html

The cast of Red Dwarf will reportedly reunite for a series of new shows to be broadcast on digital channel Dave in 2009.

The Sun states that Craig Charles, Chris Barrie, Danny John-Jules, Robert Llewellyn and Chloe Annett will appear in four 30-minute specials that will combine new material with classic footage of the cult BBC Two sitcom.

Red Dwarf ran for eight seasons between 1988 and 1999. Numerous attempts to finance a cinematic version of the programme have failed in recent years.

Co-creator Doug Naylor stated in 2007 that the BBC had opted not to pursue a ninth season of the show, despite its previous commercial success.

I have followed this saga for years and pretty much resigned myself to the series never having closure...but looks like I could have been wrong, especially thought that when the BBC rejected the chance of a new series.

To be honest though the bit that mentions classic footage worries me abit...could end up being a bit lame...

For the record as well...I enjoyed all the series but yes the last 2 did suffer somewhat from missing that spark that made the original great.

Apparently at one point when they were trying to make the movie, some fraudster offered to help them. I've seen all the episodes so I'll be looking forward to this.

I don't like the sound of th classic footage bits - I don't want four clip shows!

The classic footage might just mean some sort of "flashbacks" or something. Who knows.

Five years ago, or even a bit more than that, I would have been thrilled by this news. But, I dunno. I think it may be just a tad bit too late.

Now i'm interested even more with 4 new 30 minute episodes with all the original cast. What concerns me a little is that classic footage will be used in some parts, hopefully only as flash-backs. Maybe all the characters have reached old age and are reminiscing about old times.

I'm a stupidly big fan of the first 6 series. I kind pretend it ended there as I found 7 and 8 absolutely terrible. All the characters had totally changed, Kryten just turned into a whining woman, Cat became stupider than he used to be, Rimmer dissapeared, Kochanski shouldn't even have been there, so I think Lister was the only one who kept a little to his original self. I've got no hopes on this being good whatsoever...

Now i'm interested even more with 4 new 30 minute episodes with all the original cast. What concerns me a little is that classic footage will be used in some parts, hopefully only as flash-backs. Maybe all the characters have reached old age and are reminiscing about old times.

That would be shit.

I'm a stupidly big fan of the first 6 series. I kind pretend it ended there as I found 7 and 8 absolutely terrible. All the characters had totally changed, Kryten just turned into a whining woman, Cat became stupider than he used to be, Rimmer dissapeared, Kochanski shouldn't even have been there, so I think Lister was the only one who kept a little to his original self. I've got no hopes on this being good whatsoever...

You miss the last series with Rimmer getting reborn with all the red dwarf crew and in the last episode is the main crew leaving red dwaft and leaving them on it.

Rimmer going to an alternate dimension to find a cure for a virus that is tearing the ship apart, he goes there, gets the antidote, but when he comes back everyone is gone to the alternate dimension and the cure to the virus has turned into the virus.

So he cant administer the antidote and ends with as red dwarf is blowing apart around him and he cant go back to the alternate dimension, because the machine that Kryton built shorts out just as he comes back through.

You miss the last series with Rimmer getting reborn with all the red dwarf crew and in the last episode is the main crew leaving red dwaft and leaving them on it.

Rimmer going to an alternate dimension to find a cure for a virus that is tearing the ship apart, he goes there, gets the antidote, but when he comes back everyone is gone to the alternate dimension and the cure to the virus has turned into the virus.

So he cant administer the antidote and ends with as red dwarf is blowing apart around him and he cant go back to the alternate dimension, because the machine that Kryton built shorts out just as he comes back through.

I didn't miss the last series. Being a fan I had to at least watch it once through. That was enough for me. Rimmer returning was a good move but the jokes just sucked ass. They weren't cleverly written like the old series. Maybe they'll get that 'spark' back but I doubt it. I see it as being a continuation of the crap from series 7 and 8.

Apparently at one point when they were trying to make the movie, some fraudster offered to help them. I've seen all the episodes so I'll be looking forward to this.

Yeah some bloke claiming to be a Prince said his country wanted to fund the films production...

I don't like the sound of th classic footage bits - I don't want four clip shows!

Exactly would be crap...thats what we have comedy connections and the like for...

I've also heard a second set of rumours that BBC Worldwide is funding a straight to DVD 60 minute special...so could we be seeing a Dave four part series and a BBC DVD?

That would give us a completely new series in terms of time pretty much.