NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

Football Manager Live

Details of the games release have finally been unveiled after months of waiting;

Football Manager Live pre-order details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are very happy to announce that we'll be starting to take pre-orders for Football Manager Live in the coming days.

We know we've still got a couple of issues to sort with the opening day of gameworlds, but we're working on those now and once those are sorted, we are ready to roll.

As places are going to be in short supply at first, I wanted to take the time to explain to you the launch plan.

There is no set "release date" for the game as there would be for a standard retail release. This is because Football Manager Live (FML) is not a standard game release, but a subscription based service, and therefore, much like something like the launch of Sky HD, there will be a release period of a few months. This period is likely to start in October.

During this release period, gameworlds will be started, and therefore places will be available, as and when the hardware and service levels are able to be there for new customers. We want to ensure that everyone who plays FML has the best quality experience possible.

The timetable for release is thus.

Wednesday 20th August – beta testers invited to take up their spaces in the first gameworlds. The beta testers should wait until they have received an email which will give them access, so keep an eye on your inboxes!

Tuesday 26th at noon UK time – people on the FML registered mailing list, and people reading these forums, invited to pre-order.

There will be 14 gameworlds available in this phase, or 14,000 places. We expect these to fill quickly, and do expect some people to be disappointed, but these are the optimum amount of gameworlds to be launching in the first few weeks of release. When these 14,000 spaces are full, we will have 1 gameworld at a time available, until another 6 are full. This means that during the "launch window" as it's called, there will be 20,000 spaces available.

Once these 20 gameworlds are sold out, people who haven't got into any of the gameworlds will be invited to join a "gameworld alert" mailing list. This will be the only way to find out when gameworlds after this initial phase are to be launched. We hope to be able to launch new gameworlds every few days, on a first come, first served basis. This phase will likely stay in place until January.

Please also note that FML will be English language only for the foreseeable future. When we have plans to release non-English language game worlds, we will, of course, announce this on these forums. This will definitely not be in 2008, and most likely not til the latter part of 2009.

Come January, we’ll be telling the world about FML with a large marketing and PR campaign, and there will be lots of spaces available. In February, we will aim to launch a retail boxed version of FML in a few countries, still to be confirmed.

I should probably explain how subscribing to FML will work!

The FML client (as in the piece of software that will work on your computer that you’d normally buy on a CD or DVD) will be free. When you subscribe to the service, you will be given a link where you can download on PC and/or Mac. You can use this software on as many computers as you want to, and download it as often as you want to.

You subscribe to the service for a set period of time. Initially, these will be 3 monthly, 6 monthly, or annually, with a cheaper fee per month the longer you subscribe.

Unlike most MMO’s that charge you for the client, and then for future expansion packs on top of the subscription, for FML we are using a development practise that we’ve dubbed "constant development". What this means that we’ll be adding new features to the game every few months, and will keep subscribers in the loop on what we are working on through the FML forums which are available to subscribers to the game. The first of these updates is due in January 2009, and every few months after that.

We fully understand that some people are going to miss out on the initial places, and are going to be disappointed with that. However, we felt it was very important to release the service in this way to ensure that everyone has a great experience from the off – walking before you can run is very important. This is because we’ve seen too many MMO launches hitting issues in the first few days and weeks recently, which is something we want to avoid. There will be enough spaces for everyone in the coming months, and we ask those of you who don’t get to play in the first few worlds to be patient – we know there is a lot of anticipation for the game despite us not doing any PR or marketing on it for a while, but we’re hoping the plan we have in place will ensure that those most loyal to our games through these forums and who signed up to get information on the game are rewarded with the initial spaces.

Unfortunately, there will also be other disappointed people, as there are quite a few countries that we are not allowed to sell the game in at launch. This is for a variety of reasons - some legal, some because we aim to have local partners in countries when non-English language versions are available, and some because the payment system being used won't allow payments from those countries. The full list of these is - Brazil, Chile, Singapore, Venezuela, Argentina, Bolivia, China, Colombia, Ecuador, India, Indonesia, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Korea, Republic of Malaysia, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, Serbia, Montenegro, Uruguay & Vietnam. If you have any questions or comments about this, please email [email protected] and someone will reply - please note that this is one of the rare cases where this is very much out of our (SI's) hands, so there's no point asking us questions about it, as we don't have answers

So, one thing left to talk about, and that’s pricing of the service. As I mentioned above, this will come in various "plans" initially. The longer you subscribe for, the cheaper per month the game will cost.

The initial subscription pricing is

3 months - £22.99

6 months - £43.99

12 months - £72.99

Payment in most countries is available via credit/debit card or via PayPal, with Visa, Mastercard, Switch/Maestro and Electron all usable. In some countries, payment is only available via PayPal.

If you have any questions, this thread is the place to ask – but please make sure you’ve read the thread in full before asking questions to ensure that they haven’t been asked already! We’ll also add the best questions to the FAQ for FML, which you can find over at http://www.footballmanagerlive.com, which is also the place to find out more about the game. Remember, this is NOT Football Manager online, so do not expect the same experience that you get from the Football Manager series. FML is your club, your way, your management style!

I really can't make my mind up what to make of it all...£70 is a hell of a lot of money and from what I hear the game as its fair share of problems. I think I may subscribe for 3 months and try it...But I have concerns a lot of people seem pretty convinced that as an MMO it does not offer enough gameplay variety or depth in terms of comparing it to other MMO's...

The facts its online also puts me off as you fairly limited in what you can do everyday as you can't play tons of matches...

I don't really understand how it works. You design a club then pick real players to play for it?...Surely it would be more fun to create a new club and have random generated players then progress to buying real life players.

I really liked the look of this game when i first heard about it.

But the prices are abit steep, looks like ill just buy FM09

Yeah you do create your own team and then buy real players. I actually think this work better as it gives you something to go with, as your knowledge of football isn't totally wasted. Everything being random would be hard work.

I've heard rumours that FM09 may be delayed until the January transfer window. So I have suscribed to this for 3 months starting when it launches in october. If anyone decides to sign up I have joined the Shearer Gameworld and my team is called Southsea United FC.

Bought Premier Manager to keep me going in the mean time and god it is rubbish!

I just got on the final beta test for this! well happy starts on 7th and runs until the end of the month when the game launches....

I think i signed up for beta, cant remember

If you have a sega pass log in check your emails you may have one to get in on this last 14 day beta...

No, i have not got a email from them...

Whats it like anyway?

Doesn't start until tuesday...

The boxed version of this is finally out. I got an email offering me half price subscription for being on the beta so I decided to go for it. Is anyone else getting it? I have FM Handheld and fancied a change from FM PC so decided to go for this MMO/RPG take on the football management genre.

Downloading it is so easy, get the client subscribe and away you go, just trawling through the player database trying to build a half decent squad.

If anyone joins I am in gameworld Greaves....

Thinking of getting the Boxed version from GAME. £24.99 from there, for 4 months. And £23.99 directly from SEGA for 3 months. So buying it from GAME will work out cheaper.

Could you give me your impressions so far flameboy?

Thinking of getting the Boxed version from GAME. £24.99 from there, for 4 months. And £23.99 directly from SEGA for 3 months. So buying it from GAME will work out cheaper.

Could you give me your impressions so far flameboy?

I love it am hooked...if I was you get signed up ASAP the servers are filling up thick and fast and a lot of the leagues start this week. You can download the client off the site and subscribe that way but also can use the code out a boxed copy to extend an already open account.

It is really good. It is very different to your conventional FM game. Like I said it has some very MMO overtures to it. You have to pick skills to learn and acquire and these take time and improve your options as a manager. At first the tactical changes you can make are limited in some ways as to acquire them, almost like leveling up. You also have to pick a different classes like you would in an RPG, depending on what kind of manager you pick affects the kind of skills you start with and how quickly you can acquire others. So for example being a track suit manager makes it quicker to get the coaching skills. Being a blackboard manager makes it easier to get tactics skills. It adds yet another element to it.

The transfer system is a bit confusing at first as there are two systems of selling players. Putting them up for auction and simply transfer listing them. There are a few new rules that have just been implemented to stop players from profiteering and selling players for ridiculous prices. For example if you buy a player in an auction and sell him the same day you will pay 100% tax on the deal and make no profit however the % will drop everyday up to 7 days where the player will be yours. It's because in the beta players were fleecing each other and it was making the game economy unstable.

New players are unlocked everyday, so the world super stars are not out there yet to buy, not that people could afford them. It helps make it slightly fairer for new players. When you join a gameworld you need to make a squad of 18 players. When you enter a game X number of players are added to the game so there is a good mixture of the good and the bad for you to sign.

The greatest aspect about it all is the sense of community. There are plenty of friendly competitions going and loads of banter between people and also plenty of really helpful people who are out there to help you.

Join and try and get in the same server as me if there are still spaces.

I might buy it tomorrow. Download the client today to be ready.

Awesome you should get it and try and join the greaves server so we can play against each other.

Just checked up on Gameworlds. And Greaves is pretty full :heh:

And it says it started 8pm today :heh:

Would i have a disadvantage if i joined after the start date?

Just checked up on Gameworlds. And Greaves is pretty full :heh:

And it says it started 8pm today :heh:

Would i have a disadvantage if i joined after the start date?

You would miss the first season thats all...so you would be somewhat at a disadvantage as you would be forced to start from the bottom and work your way from there. The qualifiers have started now for the 1st season which means we all play each other with the final league table deciding who starts in which divisions.

It arrived today :D

I have been playing all day :D I love it :)

What gameworld did you end up going in? There are spaces in mine now...seems to have been a drop off in people there.

I though i would join a newer one so i joined Molby :)

I'm still loving it :D

I though i would join a newer one so i joined Molby :)

I'm still loving it :D

Cool...shame you havn't gone into mine nevermind! How you faring, I'm currently ranked 175th out of 995, could be more though as didn't lose a match yesterday. 2nd in my League Qualifiers with not many games to go really, means I could end up in the premiership will have to improve my team though if that is the cae!

Its awesome :)

I haven't checked my rank today.

But yesterday i was 334th i think.

So I'm not doing that bad i suppose :)

I am up to 125th as of last night...just happy to be in the top half so for me anything above 450th is a bonus.

Can't believe were the only 2 people to buy this :heh:

If anyone is considering buying, do it, it's alot of fun, and is very different to your normal Football Manager :)

Not a footy person, but i admit i was tempted when i saw this at £17.99 in HMV Covent Garden yesterday! Does look propa good!

Not a footy person, but i admit i was tempted when i saw this at £17.99 in HMV Covent Garden yesterday! Does look propa good!

Get it for that price...for a 4 month subscription that is a great price.

Sign in to follow this