NEurope
Charlie

The University Thread 08/09

So, err...

I'm hope I'm not alone in those that are leaving tomorrow and only just packing today?

Not alone dear, I've not even started, I really should get to it now. But then I don't really have that much stuff to pack. Just clothes and games really. But mum's made my stuff like twice as huge with all the crap she bought me saturday haha. :shakehead

haven't started packing myself. But I leave on the 27th so I've still got a whole week to go!

Not alone dear, I've not even started, I really should get to it now. But then I don't really have that much stuff to pack. Just clothes and games really. But mum's made my stuff like twice as huge with all the crap she bought me saturday haha. :shakehead

I was buying stuff yesterday night for saturday =D now i'm bringing clothes downs fun time ye.

Twoz, what time you going tamarra?

The thing is I keep thinking about stuff I may potentially have a use for, and keep having to persuade myself I won't really need it and if I do it won't be urgent >_<

EDIT: I dunno, leaving around 11 Dom, so I guess I'll get there around 1'ish?

We can swap twozzok, I'm sat here with hardly anything which is worrying me. I've got my wii/ds games, some wires and make-up. I keep thinking I really should have more than that but ideally I can't take the hundreds of books I have..

0.o oh well.

I leave Sunday, have work tomorrow and havn't started packing yet.

Whoops :P

I suppose I should get on to it...but where do I start? >_<

We can swap twozzok, I'm sat here with hardly anything which is worrying me. I've got my wii/ds games, some wires and make-up. I keep thinking I really should have more than that but ideally I can't take the hundreds of books I have..

0.o oh well.

Yeah, I'm pissed about not being able to take all my books. I always get urges just to read one of my collection, but at uni I won't be able to just pick it up off my shelf :(

Yeah, I'm pissed about not being able to take all my books. I always get urges just to read one of my collection, but at uni I won't be able to just pick it up off my shelf :(

I'm taking my deathnote collection and jonathan strange and mr norrell, aka my favourite books, hmm what else to take *totters off*

There's no way I could take any of mine, there's just waaaay too many and most I haven't read in a few years. It's not like you can't come back and pick them up if you need them

Decided today that I'm going to start looking for some accommodation near my Uni. While I'm ok with the travelling (I had to do similar for 5 years when I was at high school) I just feel that it would be more appropriate and a better choice for me to be living in the near vicinity. Plus, there are sod all part time jobs going in my area but plenty of jobs going near my Uni so I'm gonna be applying for them. Don't really care if I can get into a flat in Halls or if I have to rent a single bed apartment. Whatever comes up'll do.

We've just been having great sessions of Wii playing. If you're living in shared accomodation then it's an awesome ice breaker, and you can get others involved aswell. There's 3 of us on this floor doing Games Design and the others, bar one, doesn't seem like a gaming type. They are girls aswell, but they've all been playing. Definitely take Wii Sports. Everyone love a bit of bowling.

So is a bottle of vodka which I finished myself last night.

So I was wondering, do your marks for the first year count towards your actual results?

A lot of my friends believe all you have to do in the first year is pass and that is it. I don't actually have a clue and I thought someone hear would know the answer :)

no, they don't.

saying that, if you 'just pass', your missing the point of first year. It's training, bringing you in line to think as an academic student, not a school student. Pay attention, and you're set for the much harder two years that do count

Surely it depends on the degree? The way mine works is absurdly complex, but sort of doesn't depend on the first year, ish.

I think I may join Tennis at the social and sports event on Weds, never played it and always fancied learning it.

Is anyone going to Strathclyde? Freshers week starts tonight, looking forward to it for some easy freshers-picking. :)

Last year: 12 lectures, two 6 hour practicals and one 2 hour one, and four to five supervisions a week.

This year: 5 lectures, one 2 hour practical, and one to two supervisons a week.

Man, last year was crazy...

Haha, after all the shit I had to change on my computer, i finally got it connected after drinking more then I usually do :D

Going back to the bar like a min walk from me now...

DomJCGGGGG - text me or something, meet up and shit. (I have PM'ed you my number :o:O:O)

Moved in today, everything's great, nice room, nice place to live, not to far from town centre and best of all a great 3 people to live with, in the four there's two girls and two boys! ^_^

Didn't really plan on drinking tonight/morning but never mind!