NEurope
Charlie

The University Thread 08/09

:heh: @ English suckers. I got sent a letter at the beginning of Sept saying I had to read 2 novels before I arrived. Together it's over 1000 pages :shakehead I'm not even nearly finished and I leave saturday. My plan is to use a plot summary off Wikipedia. Hopefully I won't be the only one who hasn't read it

that it? 1000 words? And you got this letter basically three-to-four weeks before you started? Lame. Wiki summaries are known by heart by the lecturers - they'll know!

Some of my friends are expected to read multiple books a day... :heh:

lol, that's just MADNESS. If you average a page a minute, it's still five hours straight for a nice 300-page book. I'd say the average page count for the books on my course are 450... so that's eight hours per book. I have 30 hours of lectures per module and they expect me to do 170 hours of work outside of the set times. Which is ridiculous, but meh.

ol, that's just MADNESS. If you average a page a minute, it's still five hours straight for a nice 300-page book. I'd say the average page count for the books on my course are 450... so that's eight hours per book. I have 30 hours of lectures per module and they expect me to do 170 hours of work outside of the set times. Which is ridiculous, but meh.

Yeah, I never said they actually read what they're supposed to. :heh: They mostly read what they can then use summaries and the like, but a few somehow seem to manage everything.

Is that 170 hours for the term? I think I was supposed to do 50-60 hours a week total last term, but a lot of that was timetabled, and I never really managed it.

well I have about 10 hours timetabled, and I'm supposed to do in total at least 55 hours on top of that... Which is riduculous, and a clear example that nobody ever calculates anything properly.

PLUG!!!! Freaking yes!! Silent Disco night was bloody awesome, anyone else attend?

I diddddd!!! (although apprently I was shocking, but I was pissed out me trolley)

Where were you?:yay:

I diddddd!!! (although apprently I was shocking, but I was pissed out me trolley)

Where were you?:yay:

Under the giant projector screen on the wall, opposite the DJs. I was horrific but that's the fun of it though. So how far are your halls from there?

I wasn't sure if I was meant to be in today or not. And I just missed my bus... so... Oh well.

Guess I'm not in today. Oops.

Yesterday we went around taking pictures of random things for an album. I swore I needed to be in today to make the album... hum...

Quite good. Got a picture taken with the friendliest man in Huddersfield who owned a narrow boat and a nice Monk!

My first day was gruesome Wes, I think I MSN'd you on that day. It picks up.

You're either lucky with your housemates or you're damned unlucky.

I do indeed remember that day. I hope things pick up. I think I'll make friends once I'm actually in classes and sat next to people. Right now it just seems strange. Quite lonely when I'm at Uni. I can't, however, complain too much; because my girlfriend is also going to Hudds and we're sharing a room. So I'm not lonely, lonely. Just have no friends. :heh:

I really don't know if I should be in today. Agh!

was that one of those headphone things? i missed the one we had in hull :(

Yeah, it was hilarious when you took your headphones of and heard everyone try to sing. Good night. Anyone going to corporation tonight?

Under the giant projector screen on the wall, opposite the DJs. I was horrific but that's the fun of it though. So how far are your halls from there?

I'm literally two minutes, I'm in the exchange works which is basically the road down from the plug.

Lazyboy I think I am, you should give me your number and we should have MINI MEET! Oh yeah :awesome: it makes sense.

Although I think I'm going to embrace I honestly cannot remember.

Gah not looking forward to today although it's not very long, I've still not got anything to show for friday so may have to do it later.

that it? 1000 words? And you got this letter basically three-to-four weeks before you started? Lame. Wiki summaries are known by heart by the lecturers - they'll know!

No I mean 1000+ pages. But Hey, no-one else on here seems to be worrying about work so I won't either. Just go down and get drunk

lol, i meant pages too :P Yeah don't worry too much about the work. Coupla weeks before the essay's due you can start panicking, then chillax and figure out how to do it in a weekend.

Of course, I wish I'd spent a biiit more time on certain essays last year :P This year... We'll see.

we should have MINI MEET! Oh yeah :awesome: it makes sense.

oooh ooh invite me invite me!!:yay: :yay: :yay:

I need to get out more.

haha dan yes, yes you do!

Got the doctors thing handed into today, the induction thing I went to was useless except the two nice looking guys helping me find the room, only to realise they were not only on the same course but right above me in halls! So I've invited them for abit of brawling! woo.

Give my enrollment forms in at 3 and try and get me and kayleigh vodkanation tickets for tonight! Need to get some new clothes too, gah can't wait for saturday to pick up more stuff...although I could wear that white top again...hmm.

aside: just remembered the mullet we saw monday night. what the fuck was going on there? hahaha!

If anyone in sheff is interested, there's another silent disco on the 30th in the winter gardens. Been invited by a friend who's involved somehow and asked to rope some people in. Sounds free, if that helps!

Just come back from my day at uni. Such a waste of time. Was there for an hour for a psychology lecture/registration thing where I was told stuff I already know. Good news was tomorrow's psychology lecture has been cancelled. Bad news is that that same lecture being cancelled means that I now have to dick about for an hour and a half until my buddy group thing if I want to go. Won't get home until late because of it so I'm trying to weigh up the pros and cons for going to it. Pro is that it's at the Union so I can meet others. Con is that I won't be home till very late.

Missed my first lecture, and I couldn't be more proud of myself. You got to set a precedence with these people. Anyway wolfy and Dan, you've been Pm'd

I is enrolled, although my picture is already 5 months too old, boooo, I do honestly look lik I'm going to kill somebody.

But that means monneeeeehhhh.

Erm yes. anyway yay!

I really don't know if I should be in today. Agh!

Don't worry, you didn't. Got there, and was basicaly told to sod off.

So we went to the Freshers fayre thing. Loads of free stuff. Got a bag full of food, vouchers and loads of crap.

Some people got bags of condoms and other stuff like that. crazy.

This morning was just a waste of time.

'twas freshers fair today.

Scouted out the anime society, and they weren't the total nerds I was expecting. So I signed up. Hopefully most of them are as well-adjusted as their table suggested >_<

Also joined the Rock Society (as in the music, not compressed dirt :P), Real Ale Society, and the Parkwood comittee :)

Couldn't find a juggling one :(

Leaving for Uni today....was well up for it and excited last week but now I'm getting a tad bit more nervous!

Leaving for Uni today....was well up for it and excited last week but now I'm getting a tad bit more nervous!

You'll be fine, sucker.

I didn't know what to expect really, because...it's like...taking on the world by yourself. :D

But, it'll be fine. Just think of it as a new chapter in that big book of yours called "life."