NEurope
Charlie

The University Thread 08/09

Moved in today, everything's great, nice room, nice place to live, not to far from town centre and best of all a great 3 people to live with, in the four there's two girls and two boys! ^_^

That's good. The thing that's worrying me is who I'm gonna be living with; will we get on etc. Out of the thousands of people going to uni there's bound to be some really annoying or nasty people and they could all end up living with me :heh:

Need to buy a mini fridge this week.....going to Uni next weekend! Have to buy a USB memory stick too....I lost mine from college! And then some new clothes as well.....what else.....

SO MANY THING TO BUY!

Oh my god, I love this place already. I'm with 5 others, 3 girls, 2 guys and myself. The best thing? The guys love games. We're about to hit the Old Firestation now for our Halls welcome party, back later y'all!

*is mega happy*

Good to hear, dyson! Hope it continues to be awesome.

Need to buy a mini fridge this week.....going to Uni next weekend! Have to buy a USB memory stick too....I lost mine from college! And then some new clothes as well.....what else.....

SO MANY THING TO BUY!

Forget having a mini-fridge. I had one in the first year and I just found that I either drank the alcohol I wanted to store too fast, or that it was simpler to keep the butter/milk in the communal fridge. It would've been a waste of electricity to use it more.

Yo!! i shalln't be getting a mini fridge, i have nothing cool to store, must tell mah muthar that, she wants to get me one for some reason or something crazy. Uni is fantastic, there's a beach party laters, i can see why people love it so much, it's pretty awesomes! i met twozzok, and he was pretty cool, but he needs a new lighter

=D

Oh my god, I love this place already. I'm with 5 others, 3 girls, 2 boys and myself. The best thing? The guys love games. We're about to hit the Old Firestation now for our Halls welcome party, back later y'all!*is mega happy*
*hi-fives*Just been to my induction meeting thingy, sat next to two guys, neither were very interested in talking...so hopefully the ice breaker (which is across the road from me finally somewhere I don't have to travel across the city for) will make things easier. Although it looks very posh!Not so happy about having to go to bradford on thursday, what does a art gallery got to do with games design?

Also noticed that they decided to slip in that infact I won't get my money today (my loan) because they won't get us enrolled properly til wednesday and the damn money can take up to 5 days to turn up..so when I originally thought and was told it was today...not happy.

My feet ache, went to hedkandi last night, was alright, music was abit shit but made some more friends and were off out tonight to pounder (also dan/jay let us know if it's still on because I'm meeting up with the friends from last night also). Got tomorrow off *cheers*

*goes and copies and pastes to how was your day*

Yo!! i shalln't be getting a mini fridge, i have nothing cool to store, must tell mah muthar that, she wants to get me one for some reason or something crazy. Uni is fantastic, there's a beach party laters, i can see why people love it so much, it's pretty awesomes! i met twozzok, and he was pretty cool, but he needs a new lighter

=D

Didn't need a new lighter, just had to go and get another outta my bag :p

I have some induction meeting or something today. dunno wy I got up so early, it's at 3.30 O_o

Didn't need a new lighter, just had to go and get another outta my bag :p

I have some induction meeting or something today. dunno wy I got up so early, it's at 3.30 O_o

Lol, you had one in your bag >.> oh well, i went to the induction talk, you had one at keynes right? my friend couldn't get to his thing because everyone from parkwood came to it (keynes that is).

I've got my politics intro sooon =D

No, mine was in rutherford, but i didn't go >_< We have our own seperate one later at like 5 or something.

Got an Electonrics department one in an hour or so. Need to find some building i've never heard of :)

I've had an induction and ice breaker thing, just got the health and safety crap and then it';s all over until this evening, woo!

Although I did manage to finally grab ahold of some of my own friends, instead of getting friends of friends, which is nice! woo finally starting to feel alittle more positive.

Just did a maths test to see if I need extra help - I got 79%, higher that anyone else I spoke to, so I'm kinda chuffed.

Oh, and yesterday, a girl with the most ridiculously large breasts was blatantly (my flatmates noticed too, and in fact pointed it out to me) hitting on me. Alas, it was in the fire and safety talk in a lecture theatre, so I was powerless, and she vanished in the torrent of people at the end - natch.

Another day at uni has passed and I've had my firts cock-up. It's not my fault (and that is true) but my timetable had a clash with when I'd be using labs for molecular sciences (ie chemistry) and my psychology lectures. So my only options were to continue as I am but repeat the first year to get molecular sciences or do something else. So I've decided I'm going to do english. Didn't really want to do MS and when I told the tutor that it was psychology and not life sciences I was interested in she agreed it'd probably be good for me to do some form of arts as a fall back incase I balls up psychology.

Still don't know anyone. Sat in 3 introduction lectures today, with the lecture halls filled with people, and while everyone was speaking, I wasn't. Felt kinda awkward as I'm not one for branching out very easily to others to get to know them. And plus there seems to be a rather large abundance of girls doing my courses/modules so it's very unlikely that I'm going to be able to strike up the kind of conversation I want to there.

Still don't know anyone. Sat in 3 introduction lectures today, with the lecture halls filled with people, and while everyone was speaking, I wasn't. Felt kinda awkward as I'm not one for branching out very easily to others to get to know them. And plus there seems to be a rather large abundance of girls doing my courses/modules so it's very unlikely that I'm going to be able to strike up the kind of conversation I want to there.

I was a bit like that - it gets easier as time goes on.

There was quite a few people sitting on their own, I'm doing my best to try and talk to them, because I know how awful it can feel!

I was a bit like that - it gets easier as time goes on.

Yeah, so did I. It was even worse for me as my lectures all had about 300 people in them. I found it a lot easier in tutorials where there are only a few people and you get put to work in groups etc. In fact one of my best friends I met in one of my tutorials last year. :)

Enroled today, that was pretty much it, tomorrow is all the health and safety stuff and mini lab activities.

Talk to someone else on their own :) then you're solving your problem and theirs. Also, if you're lucky, your tutors will group you together in seminars meaning that you'll have to talk. Just start with questions about where you're living etc..

Also, no.1 friend-making pr0tip for people living in halls. Leave your door open. Srsly.

Talk to someone else on their own :) then you're solving your problem and theirs. Also, if you're lucky, your tutors will group you together in seminars meaning that you'll have to talk. Just start with questions about where you're living etc..

Also, no.1 friend-making pr0tip for people living in halls. Leave your door open. Srsly.

I've been doing what he said (without being told to), and I'm at the point where I'm forgetting people's names. I advise opening with "what's your name, what are you studying, where are you living, and where are you from?", and role from there.

The door thing works wonders, if only (for me) as you hear people going into the kitchen, so you can go to, and simultaneously cook - it's a reason to talk.

drunk at 3 ftw

i heart uni

*hi-fives* Just got rid of mr.dan dare and mr.jayseven, jayseven is a bastard for the record :heh:, insulting my movie taste PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Yeah. anyway.

So I had my first 'day' yesterday. I made a whole 0 friends. Woo. Looking forward to the course so much, though.

You'll make friends. I remember I made friends coming out of a maths test thing, and we all just starting talking to each other about our answers. Then we just kept talking from there.

One of my good friends now, I didn't start talking until half way through the first year. And that was because one module wanted us to be in groups of five, I was in a two and another friend had a three so we spliced.

I got my induction to year 3 on the 2nd. Looking forward to it, but I really should get some programming practice in just to refresh my mind.

Anyone in Shef get tickets for the rollar disco tonight? Load of us went hunting for tickets but nothing came up.

BTW Opal 2 D2, pop by anytime, i'm am f*cking loving it so far.

Anyone in Shef get tickets for the rollar disco tonight? Load of us went hunting for tickets but nothing came up.

BTW Opal 2 D2, pop by anytime, i'm am f*cking loving it so far.

We've not bothered with tickets, although me and my mate are going! Do you need tickets for it?

Get your bum to the exchange works, flat 1! :). did you go pounded last night?

My first day was gruesome Wes, I think I MSN'd you on that day. It picks up.

You're either lucky with your housemates or you're damned unlucky.

Also, does it anyone find this weird or is this usual: I like talking to nerds on the internet, but I am generally irritated by them in real life? I can post on here with great pleasure but find a gaming society of any sort too boring/irritating/smelly to join?