NEurope
Charlie

The University Thread 08/09

Surely they'd just leave a 'we missed you' card and you can go pick it up in your/your parent's own time?

Besides, you don't actually need a computer during freshers. Nor the first few weeks really (uni'll have computers to use)

Nah I've thought it through now, I can get it sent to mum's work which is ideal. Looking at hp rather than dell.

six days til I move in, god damn scary stuff :awesome:, I'm excited as fuck to make new friends though ^_^ and freshers week looks pretty funky.

2 days till I start :blank: Seems like the summer has gone on for ages. Just really want it to start now and get it over with. Have to sort out my Modules on the first day. Looks like I'll be doing two kinds of Biology along with Psychology and english Lit.

2 days till I start :blank: Seems like the summer has gone on for ages. Just really want it to start now and get it over with. Have to sort out my Modules on the first day. Looks like I'll be doing two kinds of Biology along with Psychology and english Lit.

Nice one...I did Cell Biology at uni, and have always loved biology. DNA, sex and bacteria...what's not to love.

To defend bacteria, they do make exceedingly good yoghurt.

^ lol yeh. I think Cell Biology is one of the ones I'll be having to do. Think the other one is Evolutionary Biology or something. I'll have to look out my module selection sheet and see what it really is. Looking forward to it but it's been 2 years since I studied Biology so I'm gonna look like a prat knowing next to nothing. Well not not knowing stuff. Just not having it fresh in my head.

Urgh. I go back to uni on Saturday and I have everything to sort out. I just know the house is going to be in a mess.

Heh, found out klaxons are dj'ing and the holloways and signature (the britains got talent dudes) are playing during freshers =]

and dj ironik, but meh

Noooooo! Just over 14 hours until my summer ends and I have to start Uni. :(

Actually, I'm quite psyched for it beginning. Little bit apprehensive but I'm sure the jitters will go away. Just only hope I don't make a social faux pas like I've done the last few times I've started somewhere new. :indeed:

Heh, found out klaxons are dj'ing and the holloways and signature (the britains got talent dudes) are playing during freshers =]

It's going to be fucking awesome.

Well looking forward to the first tuesday there.

First day of Uni over and it wasn't bad. Just a lot of running about trying to find the right places to be to sort out my classes. Didn't really get a chance to speak to anyone except for one person who got on the train with me. But it seems it's mainly girls doing Psychology at my Uni. Think there was only 4 guys there when I was enrolling compared to 10+ girls. I'm sure there'll be more guys as they split us all up for the enrollment part. Still need to sort out my funding. Wish SAAS would hurry the hell up with my application so I can sort it out.

Hey I'm off to Kent on the 21st and from what I've read so are Twozzok and Dom? You guys are 1st years as well then? I'm probably going to pay for my accomodation online tomorrow, as I also read somewhere the deadline was the 20th, but is that incorrect? I guess earlier the better to pay though. I hope I've got everything sorted, I'm kinda worried I've missed something important on an e-mail or letter.

Hey I'm off to Kent on the 21st and from what I've read so are Twozzok and Dom? You guys are 1st years as well then? I'm probably going to pay for my accomodation online tomorrow, as I also read somewhere the deadline was the 20th, but is that incorrect? I guess earlier the better to pay though. I hope I've got everything sorted, I'm kinda worried I've missed something important on an e-mail or letter.

Pay by the ninth of october i think, =]

Yeah, I phoned and apparently as long as the deposit is paid by the 20th we have until the 9th of Oct?

Or something like that.

Had my first buddy group meeting. Kinda awkward. Supposed to be 10 people there but only 3 turned up (people are still enrolling). But lucky me.... the two females taking the group are medical students and the two other guys that appeared today are dentistry students. Felt kinda awkward but we're all going for drinks next thursday so that should break the ice.

Uni is going well so far. Been out two nights. Ended up in bed with a fresher (although in a top and tails manner, was all perfectly innocent I just couldn't be bothered to walk home) on Monday.

Lectures start next week and one has already been cancelled, and depending on when my brother's court date is I may miss another. Funtimes.

Stop worrying about it everyone, it'll all be fine.

Glad to hear that things seem to be going well for most of our n-europe freshers here!

Once you settle in you will love it - I guarantee it! Uni life really does rock!

Otherwise, things are fairly standard for me at the mo - back in my house in Bath but just working and earning some cash again - going to work at 8am is not fun....just constantly tired and even then I have difficulty sleeping at night!

Might not bother. As far as I'm concerned I figure they'll be wasting my time every week or so - and if I really cared about a subject I'd go out and spend my own time doing it anyway.

join societies. Trust me: find one that's good, active and full of the right folk and you're going to make friends for your entire course time, if not life.

There's societies for just about everything isn't there? The obvious one for me is football and I guess I'll see what else is up once I get there.

So what societies and shit are you guys joining/gonna look into?

Well, for me, obviously the Civie's society (civil engineers). Probably also a pro-LGBT one, and any secularist/humanist/atheist ones I come across.

Any other random, obscure societies that appeal to my sense of craziness will get my membership, too.

So what societies and shit are you guys joining/gonna look into?

Will probably join any society that interests me, i.e football, games, having fun etc. Whatever really. Just wanna meet as many people as possible!

Don't even start here till monday, hohoh :D

I start on the 27th.....i wish i start earlier....I'm bored at ome and itching to meet some new people and get some action...its been too long. :heh::)

I'm thinking of the anime club, as long as the majority aren't the total inbreds people associate with anime nerds >_<

Other then that thinking of picking up a sport, possibly Kendo. Oh, and gonna see if I can find a juggling one. :P

I'm thinking of the anime club, as long as the majority aren't the total inbreds people associate with anime nerds >_<

Other then that thinking of picking up a sport, possibly Kendo. Oh, and gonna see if I can find a juggling one. :P

i looked in to the anime society in hull

then i met the anime society in hull.