NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Alsnow

Mr Soap

Check out my first finished cartoon! Its called Mr Soap.

Edit:This was in two parts but now i have put them together and changed mr soaps voice.

Hope you like

I like the animation. It's too short though. It's over before it gets started.

Make it longer and it will be good.

It will be longer, its just a short animation that I made in an afternoon. The second half is nearly done now. Just finishing off the sound. When its done i might, put both halves together, not sure yet.

Edit:

Finished episode 2

This is a continuation of the story from episode one.

I have edited my posts above and have posted the finished versions of Mr Soap - episode one and 2. I'm gonna make one more episode where he is in jail. Let me know what u think

First of all, I like the style of your drawings. Bold and simple, I think they work really well. The backgrounds look like they have some effect/ filter on them, may want to spend some more time on them.

Episode One was very choppy, I was slightly worried it was your animation until episode two which was much nicer, good job on the animation there. The episodes being so short works well, the humour is alright and I can see potential in the idea. Just try not to aim for the easy joke all the time.

Like I said, Episode Two was much better all round, the hobo getting annoyed at the one day sentence was the best bit.

Are you using flash to make these? If you ever need help with anything don't hesitate to ask.

For your first cartoon, I really am impressed with your style. Keep it up.

Thanks for that! The animation doesn't look as bad in the swf file, but when u watch it on youtube it looks a bit meh and juddery. What FPS do you use? I heard 30fps is the best, is that true?

Thanks for the reply

I normally animate at 25 FPS, as that is the standard PAL amount. 30 is also a good choice though, it all depends how fluid you want it. 25/30 is plenty enough but some people animate at 60. Maybe they just like showing off.

Wow im fairly impressed well done. Im making a writing and colouring comic atm too.

But wont be animating it till i learn flash which could be a very long while off. What version are you guys using? I have 8 but think i should 'purchase' cs3 if i can find a copy of it.

I normally animate at 25 FPS, as that is the standard PAL amount. 30 is also a good choice though, it all depends how fluid you want it. 25/30 is plenty enough but some people animate at 60. Maybe they just like showing off.

Lol, well i kinda did mine in 50fps, but thats just cause i thought it would be smoother, but because of that people who watch the raw swf file have problems in internet explorer or their computers are just to slow.

Im thinking the last episode will be in 30fps, i hope then people wont have problems with it. Im also gonna spend a lil more time with it to make it a fun episode rather than the one day i used for the last one.

Wow im fairly impressed well done. Im making a writing and colouring comic atm too.

But wont be animating it till i learn flash which could be a very long while off. What version are you guys using? I have 8 but think i should 'purchase' cs3 if i can find a copy of it.

Im using cs3, there isnt a great deal of difference between the 2 unless ur gonna be action scripting i think. But its always better to go for newer when u "purchace" it

Sign in to follow this