NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

Heavy Rain

Didn't the title make sense pretty much from the start? From when it is known how the origami killer claims their victims?

After an all day session on it yesterday I finished it at around 8pm and I loved the game to bits. The graphics are out of this world and some of the music used, especially the main theme, is quite moving. Im just on mopping up the trophies now, getting all the endings is gonna take some time.

Forgive my ignorance if ive missed this but does it ever explain why Ethan has blackouts and ends up in the middle of the road with an origami figure in his hand?

Overall the game was fantastic. Even though it is essentially one massive QTE it actually works. I loved how everything comes together at the end and the games title finally makes sense.

It is unexplained I think. It might come back in DLC as I'm pretty sure

the fact that Madison and The OK know each other will be explained then.

To get all the endings I think you need to play for a fair few hours. if you haven't got the Perfect Crime trophy then you need to start at the shop and go all the way to the end, as doing that grants specific endings. When you have that there is a guide on ps3trophies.org to get the rest, but you must use that save. It doesn't matter if you have endings spread accross saves, but you must start the guide with the Perfect Crime save.

Didn't the title make sense pretty much from the start? From when it is known how the origami killer claims their victims?

True but I wasn't really thinking about it. :D

It is unexplained I think. It might come back in DLC as I'm pretty sure
the fact that Madison and The OK know each other will be explained then.

To get all the endings I think you need to play for a fair few hours. if you haven't got the Perfect Crime trophy then you need to start at the shop and go all the way to the end, as doing that grants specific endings. When you have that there is a guide on ps3trophies.org to get the rest, but you must use that save. It doesn't matter if you have endings spread accross saves, but you must start the guide with the Perfect Crime save.

Cheers, Rob. You should know me by now though, I had the trophy guide printed off as soon as I finished my first pure run of the game. :)

Its gonna take a little longer than the guide says as I didn't get the Perfect Crime trophy on my first go as I didn't want anything spoilt for me so now I essentially have to play through the best part of the game again before I can get my final endings.

I think I may trade Heavy Rain in tomorrow, as much as I enjoyed my original playthrough I havent gone back to the main game since, just quickly to the DLC.

Well, I finished it last night, and got a pretty good ending...

Ethan, adison and Shaun live happely ever after in their new condo. Also, Ethan has regained his ability to shave. Norman is famous, but seem to suffer from dellusions fro the ARI. Ans Scott... Well, he didn't hold together.

;)

Have to admit I was genuinly surprised by the way things unfold at the end. Well played, Cage. Well played.

Class game!

Wow. Finished Heavy Rain last night. I really, really enjoyed it - just incredible. Ended up with a pretty depressing ending

Everyone died except Scott

A few niggles, at times some of the animations jumped - did anyone else noticed this? And at times the images waved a little too.

I downloaded Chronicle 1 - are any more expected (seem to recall they were put on hiatus while Move Edition was created)

Wow. Finished Heavy Rain last night. I really, really enjoyed it - just incredible. Ended up with a pretty depressing ending
Everyone died except Scott

A few niggles, at times some of the animations jumped - did anyone else noticed this? And at times the images waved a little too.

I downloaded Chronicle 1 - are any more expected (seem to recall they were put on hiatus while Move Edition was created)

Not just put on hiatus cancelled outright... You got the opposite ending to me and the one I really want to get when I end up replaying it at some point lol

It was really good, a very involving game. My only problems were the plot-holes but a fantastic game.

The main problem with the game is replayability. Once you know who the killer is there is no point, and it isn't really a murder-mystery game any more.

Edited by heroicjanitor

Replayability in games is overrated. You don't see people complaining about how The Sixth Sense lacks rewatchability. I think it's fine that there are games that you play through once to experience the story and then put aside. In these days of tacked-on multiplayer modes, it's somewhat refreshing. :smile:

Replayability in games is overrated. You don't see people complaining about how The Sixth Sense lacks rewatchability.
You're skimming over the simple fact that video games cost a lot more than movies, and you expect to get more for your money.

You're skimming over the simple fact that video games cost a lot more than movies, and you expect to get more for your money.

Aren't you in turn skimming over the simple fact that Heavy Rain is four or more times longer than your average film?

Thats an interesting argument. I didn't regret my purchase of Heavy Rain at all, yet a few games like FFXIII with 40 hours of gameplay, or Marvel vs Capcom 3 which has virtually infinite replayability gave me the buyer's remorse.

With the exception of the opening tutorial level, i loved every second of Heavy Rain

Aren't you in turn skimming over the simple fact that Heavy Rain is four or more times longer than your average film?
No, not really. I'm not arguing either case, I'm not in defence of either stance, I'm just pointing out why the consumer expects replayability from a video game. Obviously length plays its part, but people will expect a game to last longer, yet they don't want everything to be over when they see the credits roll once.

Heavy Rain is the best film I've ever played. It will remain in my memory far longer than some of the craptastic Hollywood fodder out there.

This game is ridiculously broken.

It's now the 3rd time I've tried to finish the game and am unable to.

1st time when it came out, my old ps3 fat - the game froze halfway through and I lost my save. No worries, I'll do it again some other time. Sold the game.

Last year, tried it on flatmate's PS3 and his game. Game froze during the rat trial. Lost my save.

And right now... I exchanged my old ps3 for a slim this christmas. I bought the game again, and started going through it again a week or so ago.

I just got to the last chapter... Guess what? Game froze. Lost my save.

WHAT THE FUCK?????????

3 different ps3s, 3 different copies of the game, why the hell is this happening???????????????????????????

Is it my account?

Either way, rest assured I'll never go through this again. I don't care how good the game is, this is inadmissible!

I've never had or heard of that problem before. The game isn't life altering, but it's interesting enough on the first playthrough.

Once you know the killer there really isn't a point any more, the game is great while it is exciting and mysterious though.

I heard of the problem before, it apparently affected a small number of users. Somehow related to the account? It would be outstandingly bad luck to have it happen to you on three different playstations otherwise :p

There have been a few reports of incidents where game saves have taken longer than would normally be expected - and with a black screen present it may leave the assumption that the game has crashed. In these circumstances we recommend you wait at least five minutes before rebooting - while it's highly unlikely a save will take this long, it's better to be safe than sorry.

I wouldn't worry. It's really not that good.

I know, I know... I mean, I just saw the ending and all that... but...

on the last chapter??? Really???????? :(

Personally I loved this game. Even if the conceit behind who the killer is was total bullshit!

*BUMP* Spoilers.

Loved that game to bits. So, how's that going for you? I'm interested in what choices you are making and how you feel about the game.

I'm not all that far into it at the moment, I'm just arriving at the garage to start the first 'puzzle' part of the story so to speak, but I'm really loving it. The music and the emotion is brilliant.

For all intents and purpose I'm making the 'good' choices at the moment...

I tucked my son in to bed, I turned back as the Detective and saved the 'prostitute', saved the shopkeeper, as the Agent I kept my cool when arguing, didn't take the drugs and also didn't shoot the suspect etc...

I tell you what though, this game is not good for my perfectionist nature!... If I make the slightest mistake in terms how my choices going wrong I want to restart the chapter! :p

For example I was sneaking up behind the mugger in the minimart and the 'shake controller down appeared' to hit the guy, but my action didn't register and he pointed the gun at me... I had to restart!

Also when it came to leaving the motel room, I thought the 'up' or 'down' on screen was indicating how I wanted to leave the hotel room, and not whether to put the shoebox on the table or under the bed. He put it on the table and I had to restart! :p

Also I could not for the life of me remember the colour of my son's clothing when being questioned by the police, I mean seriously that's some tough stuff, you don't expect to have to be paying such attention like that!

However, I'm now thinking maybe I should just go with it all.

I'm fascinated by some of the alternative choices, such as walking away from the 'prostitute' and not going back, Just going up to bed and not looking after the son properly etc.

Also... Hot chick got naked.

Sign in to follow this