NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sentient//

Marbles! Balance Challenge

My wallet always cringes when RedShell is enthusiastic about a game...

Mine spontaeously self combusts.

My wallet always cringes when RedShell is enthusiastic about a game...
:laughing:

My apologies to your wallet amigo, but you do be wanting this game. Trust me. ;)

Mine spontaeously self combusts.

You must go through a lot of wallets. :heh:

:laughing:

My apologies to your wallet amigo, but you do be wanting this game. Trust me. ;)

Lol. :p

And if your enthusiasm isn't enough... there's that avatar and sig too. :blank:

Edited by darksnowman
Automerged Doublepost

Now that is strange. :hmm: I hope this isn't going to be another case of yet another great Wii game being given a really muted release and not getting a chance to achieve good sales. :nono:

I plodded through a few gaming retailers yesterday and didn't peep a pip of it.

I've been all around Leeds today an couldn't find it anywhere. Only HMV and Gamestation had Little King's Story as well...

I LOVED kororinpa....so how come this has been getting dodgy reviews?! You better not be winding us up RedShell....!!

I've been all around Leeds today an couldn't find it anywhere.
Hmm... not good. :blank:

My advice would be to just buy it online, it's in stock at GAME.

I LOVED kororinpa....so how come this has been getting dodgy reviews?! You better not be winding us up RedShell....!!
No way man! :eek:

I'm telling you the game is quality, if you loved Kororinpa you're going to love this too.

I've been playing it loads today and have much more praise to lavish on it, but I'll refrain from doing so because I don't want to hurt any more wallets. :heh:

Here's some incentive for competitive players to pick the game up though ;):

mbcrank.jpg

Yup, online ranking (only for specific stages though).

And look at that, I'm currently the best in the UK at Ranking Stage 01! Obviously because no one else can find the bloody game. :laughing:

nooooooooooooo game online have sold out :( any other sites about plz?
I've just been checking all the major ones, none of them have it in stock apart from Amazon!

Can't believe how quietly this game has been put out there, really disappointing. :sad:

Hudson/Konami/Whoever the hell is responsible, sort it out... please!

Has anyone else managed to get this game!? :hmm:

Anyway...

I completed the Easy mode yesterday, I'm working my way through Normal now and have unlocked around half of the different marble types, I've played for just under 12 hours in total and am currently at 40% overall. They really did pack this game to the brim with content! :grin:

I still haven't seen it in any stores since its release and I've looked loads all over the place. It not only got a quiet release but also a small one, much like Blastworks.

I've just been checking all the major ones, none of them have it in stock apart from Amazon!

Can't believe how quietly this game has been put out there, really disappointing. :sad:

Hudson/Konami/Whoever the hell is responsible, sort it out... please!

Has anyone else managed to get this game!? :hmm:

Anyway...

I completed the Easy mode yesterday, I'm working my way through Normal now and have unlocked around half of the different marble types, I've played for just under 12 hours in total and am currently at 40% overall. They really did pack this game to the brim with content! :grin:

I got it! and it's great fun! Barely played any of it though due to being busy looking for a house, which thankfully and touch wood we found and will hopefully go through ok!

You'll be missing out big time if you loved the first one! Which i won't even attempt to spell..haha

I got it! and it's great fun! Barely played any of it though due to being busy looking for a house, which thankfully and touch wood we found and will hopefully go through ok!

You'll be missing out big time if you loved the first one! Which i won't even attempt to spell..haha

Have you got the US or PAL version? We'll have to trade custom stages some time. :)

Oh and good luck with the house by the way.

I played some multiplayer games on this last night, 'tis absolutely awesome with collision detection turned on! Which is not the default setting for some bizarre reason. ::shrug: Anyway, when you get on stages with thin paths or those pinball style tracks, it becomes a complete riot! Bumping people off the stage is just so much fun, as is getting ahead and waiting in front of the goal to get bumped into it! :grin:

Shame that you can't do VS online.

*imagines 12 player online marble craziness* :love:

Speaking of online though, I didn't realise before but the official game site (well, the US one) also has a leaderboard section on it. You don't need to link up your Wii or anything either as I checked it out and my record for ranking stage 1 was on there!

I'm currently 15th place with my fish bowl marble :hehe::

http://www.hudsonent.com/marblesaga/rank/rank_w_00_01.html

Wow at that leading time, 26 seconds is incredible! :eek:

I have the UK version mate, i barely buy USA games now unless there isn't a release date in the near future for Europe (like Excitebots for example).

Sure we can trade custom stages, hopefully i'll find sometime to make some..but i'll love to have some of yours!

Thanks for the good luck wishes! : peace:

gonna pick it up if i an find it anywhere in oz. Is sharing the custom maps easy?

gonna pick it up if i an find it anywhere in oz.
Let us know how you get on. Hopefully it's easier to find a copy over there than it is in Europe at the moment. :hmm:

Is sharing the custom maps easy?
Very easy, I sent one earlier on to Owen.

You just highlight the stage, click on Send and then choose a name from your Wii Address Book. icon14.gif

Very easy, I sent one earlier on to Owen.

You just highlight the stage, click on Send and then choose a name from your Wii Address Book. icon14.gif

Oh brill! Thanks Redshell, i have a bit of time to check this morning, so i'll go play on it now! :)

Oh brill! Thanks Redshell, i have a bit of time to check this morning, so i'll go play on it now! :)
Cool. Keep in mind it was my first attempt making a stage, so it might be a bit crazy/not crazy enough. :heh:

Send me a stage if you get the chance to make one.

: peace:

This is deffo on my radar. Looks like a riot and (when I find it and have the time to play it) I'll get it :D Anything Red Shell likes is a good barometer for me! ;)

I completed the game on Normal yesterday :yay: and unlocked Hard mode:

mbc1.jpg

Like the collect green crystals thing on Normal, there’s another new twist to the game on Hard too:

Now you have to find lost ants:

mbc2.jpg

Done the first few so far, wow! I can tell this is going to take the piss on the later stages. Some of them on Normal were already pretty insane. :eek:

Yeah it has to be said, that this game (just like Kororinpa before it) despite suggesting otherwise, can at times be very, very difficult.

For anyone that is still undecided or yet to buy/find the game, You should be aware that if you’re the type of player that gets annoyed at having to continually restart levels before being able to beat them, then Marbles Balance Challenge will probably infuriate you on the more difficult settings. :heh: If however you’re patient and really like a challenge/having to replay certain parts until you get it, then you’ll be ok.

Another important thing that I don’t think I mentioned before is that the stages are all different over the 3 difficulty settings. So instead of 70 or so stages in the story mode, there are actually over 200. And that’s not including the additional 100 Balance Board stages, 30 bonus stages, the 10 online ranking stages, custom stages and downloadable stages from Hudson too:

mbc3.jpg

Yep, that’s a lot of stages! :laughing:

Another cool thing I unlocked along with Hard mode is the customizable figure roller (Mii) ball:

mbc4.jpg

Being able to change how this ball handles is a godsend for doing speed runs and getting trophies. Pretty much all of the standard marbles (especially the initial ones) bounce way too much and don’t slide very fast, so setting the custom one to no bounce at all, plus more slide/speed makes it awesome! The various sound effects are damn funny as well. :grin:

In other MBC news, I didn't realise before but the Japanese version of Kororinpa 2 isn't out until August! :o Pretty unusual situation, I figured they would have got it before the US.

Here's the JPN box art anyway, seeing as I posted the US and PAL versions might as well add this one to complete the set :hehe::

61dllitgutl.jpg

I've been a bit lax in keeping up with release dates recently, so this one passed me by. Can't believe I missed the launch as I loved the first one so much - one of the few games I completed. Anyway, off to order this right away.

me either :(

gotta see if i can get someone to order one for me, qq!

Going to have to get this from an online store or ebay it seems. No stores near my place got it in... Strangely enough, most of those stores had the original :S Totally bummed, was looking forward to playing this.

I'll report back when i get a copy! But it could take some time :(

61dllitgutl.jpg

Now that is a Boxart that matches or mirrors the style of the first Kororinpa game. In all the months of this game been released I've never seen it for retail in any store. I've had to purchase my copy from Amazon but I don't mind considering I picked up a copy for a total of £21 (including postage)

I'm looking forward to playing the game in both story mode and using the balance board levels for my Wii meetup later this weekend. My only concern is some reviews I've read seem to say the control system is totally different and doesn't work as well as the first game.

In all the months of this game been released I've never seen it for retail in any store.
Absolutely crazy!

They really messed up with the distribution of this game. :nono:

My only concern is some reviews I've read seem to say the control system is totally different and doesn't work as well as the first game.
Don't worry, it's just another case of reviewers not spending enough time with a game before passing judgement.

The control system is not totally different. If you find the game does feel a bit different compared to Kororinpa initially, it's just because the early balls are set in a way to make the game slower/easier to play (more so than in the original). Once you progress though and unlock additional marbles (especially the figure roller) it is no longer an issue at all. icon14.gif

Well, I didn't have a problem with it anyway.

But yeah, let us know what you think of it.

: peace:

Sign in to follow this