NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sentient//

Marbles! Balance Challenge

Do you remember Hudson's revelation during an interview with the italian PlanetNintendo.it? That's all true, Kororinpa 2 and Hard Working People really exist! Here the two trailers from the GC 2008:

Kororinpa 2 seems great and Hard Working People has a nice Wario Ware feeling :D

Both of them will be released next year

Nice find!

The first Kororinpa game is a gem which I loved to bits so this news has made me a happy chappy.

Sweet! :yay:

Oh man I almost swallowed my tongue watching that trailer! :heh:

Mii integration, 4-player VS and... Edit Mode!!

*Head explodes*

Must...have...Kororinpa 2.

Both look like excellent games. I'II be buying both-Wonder when next year they are getting released.

Kororinpa 2!!!! :bowdown:

The first game I completed on my Wii! I have So many great memories.

*wipes away a tear*

very enjoyable game.. just lacked depth and camera control in parts but a great update to marble madness essentially and a very worthwhile title and ten times better than MONKEY BALL ON WII!

Kororinpa was a great title. Great fun, shame it was kinda short and there wasnt much incentive to go back an replay the thing. The sequel looks to add a lot more stuff to it. Sounds good!

Hard Working People? A typical Japanese title getting a European release? Awesome :) Quirky!

Yayyyyy! I'm so happy about this. The first Kororinpa was fabulous and one of the few games that I've actually completed 100%. Usually I get bored somewhere along the way or it gets a bit too hard and I get fed up of starting over ;-).

Not heard of the other game before but it also looks pretty good in a spangly sort of way.

Is the games drought finally over? I was averaging a game a month between the launch of the Wii and spring of this year but I haven't bought anything since Mario Kart.

I remember buying the first one of this, bloody loved it i did! Definately getting the second one!

It got some bad writeups at GC, but because it was too early in dev. I don't care, I loved the first one too; and the fact you can create your own levels and balls - I'm there day one, sign me up :D

If we get this this year Kid Icarus, Punch Out and Pilotwings can fuck themselves.......

IGN bashed it due to being unplayable now.

lol, the game looks fun, maybe i'l buy the first one, i like this type of games :)

BUMP!!

Now called Marble Saga: Kororinpa

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/previewArt.cfm?artid=17351

Marble Saga: Kororinpa

Hudson's latest marble rolling game contains over 150 new levels and adds Wii Balance Board support, and custom stage creation.

Kororinpa, the marble rolling Wii game, has garnered a sequel from Hudson Soft. Marble Saga: Kororinpa seeks to correct any issues present in the original release, while adding a bevy of new modes and features.

Marble Saga will have players guide Anthony the Ant's marble around the ant world in an effort to reach the Golden Sunflower. Along the way, players will face a variety of mazes and gadgets, as well as items that need to be gathered to progress through the game. Upon reaching the Golden Sunflower, players will need to rescue him and save his colony.

The controls will remain the same as players hold the Wii Remote on its side and tilt it to tilt the in-game world. Additionally, ten unique levels have been included to be played specifically with the Wii Balance Board. The standard control scheme will take players through more then 150 new levels, all of which can be played across three difficulty levels.

In addition to the main storyline, players will be able to create their own stages and share them across Wii Connect 24. Following release of the game, Hudson will also distribute new stages for players to enjoy through the same means. Furthermore, players can customize their marble and even insert their Mii and watch them roll around the stages.

Rounding out the game's robust offering is a four player multiplayer mode where players can race one another to the finish line in a number of levels. For those without local friends to enjoy the title, Wi-Fi leaderboards will be available to race for the fastest worldwide times.

Marble Saga: Kororinpa is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and will be available for Wii in spring 2009.

Sounds like they're going all out on this one!!

It does indeed. Custom levels will be sweet. Can see there being some mind screwing creatings coming out of it. Wonder if it'll allow for saving directly to the SD card because the levels will not be small and will probably take up the Wii's memory quickly.

Good to see we're finally getting a full fleshed out roll the ball type thingy game. Didn't play Kororinpa 1 but Mercury Meltdown was superb, but you could tell it was a budget title.

Really think I might pick this game up.

I've bought the first one a few days ago. It was more for my brother than for myself, because he likes this sort of puzzle game, as he said he spent much time on the Zelda minigame ;). Allthough I enjoyed some marble madness too back in the day :D. It's a fun little game, and very cute (the last thing I unlocked was a cute UFO ball :D). But getting those gold medals is hard! Anyway, I have plenty games to finish, so I won't get back to it immediately, but definitely worth the purchase; I considered myself lucky enough to even find it in this day, I still had to pay the full price, but like I said, I though it was worth it. Anyway, the news of this sequel was actually what made me decide I wanted this game for the collection, I obviously never picked this up when it was normally available, eventhough I was interested. The new features in the sequel sound really cool, so that one will most likely be heading my way too.

Im glad to see someone else picked up the first game, myself and RedShell loved the first game to bits. Its a very quirky title and one of many that got overlooked by Wii owners. Hopefully this wont be this case with the sequel.

Must say I can't wait for this one, the new features sound awesome! I loved the first game and it took my ages to get 100%, which I did eventually.

I'm falling back in love with my Wii again!

My fondest memory of the first game was one morning after a party. My friend and I, both still drunk, decided to give this game and whirl, I pick the pig ball and my friend, the dog I think. We then couldn't play the game because we were laughing so hard at the squeals of the poor lil' animals as they hit walls and fell off platforms.

I hope they fill the sequel with all the charm the first one had.

GOTY! :grin:

Seriously Kororinpa is legendary!!!

My biggest regret is that I don't own the first game. (keep meaning to pick it up cheap.)

Anywho this looks like a vast improvement! :D

*does the kororinpa victory dance*

I played through a large chunk of the first one over the weekend: It's a hell of a lot of fun.

At the last video: perhaps it's something to do with the kind of ball it is.

Anyway, the second one (if for most balls the controls are the same as the first) looks better in every single way.

Sign in to follow this