NEurope
khilafah

FIFA 09

First clip made me nauseous, second clip did the trick and made me vomit. Although exams may be partly responisble for that too.

But come on, what the hell? All the good elements from Pro Evo Wii my ass.

Don't fall out with me, but I think that looks appalling.

On this evidence, I don't mind sticking with PES2008 until the next one comes out in the Spring next year. I think if you have a 360 or PS3 then FIFA's making strides, but to me on Wii Konami's game is way ahead.

Disappointed.

There's no comparison between FIFA and Pro Evo. I'm just glad it's on the Wii this generation seeing as Gamecube missed out last generation. The only thing I'd want from FIFA is the full rights to use club and player names.

There's no comparison between FIFA and Pro Evo. I'm just glad it's on the Wii this generation seeing as Gamecube missed out last generation. The only thing I'd want from FIFA is the full rights to use club and player names.

Amen.

I'm totally gutted that EA have done sod all to improve the game for us Wii fans. They've just nicked the PES style - badly - and stuck it to last year's game. Hey presto! FIFA09! Throw in some poorly judged "casual" aimed cartoon crap, and you're away.

I honestly didn't expect them to match the other platforms versions for graphics and features, but they might have made more of an effort for us on the Wii. As it is, it looks like EA have decided the Wii is only good for half baked wiggly PS2 ports.

Luckily for us, PES wipes the floor with FIFA on Wii. What a pity we have to wait till spring for the next one, but considering how deep the current one is I'm fine with that. Better that than reward this cobblers with real money.

i dont understand though why the p2s has had be a pro mode for a few years and yet the wii still doesnt seem to have it....

I'm sure you can use the GC controller aswell...if so I think that's a great option. As much as I love this whole wii control integration into games, some controls have been used for years and actually just work. Playing FIFA is usually a social event and if old skool controls are there that's even better than trying to learn some pishy all-star beginner mode where everything is assisted.

I had to lol at FIFA 09 on the PC, it uses the mouse cursor in a similar vein to the IR pointer on the wiimote...apparently it takes an age to master and feels unwieldly. Daren't try the demo :p

i dont understand though why the p2s has had be a pro mode for a few years and yet the wii still doesnt seem to have it....

The DS version has Be a Pro Mode! No joke..

The DS version has Be a Pro Mode! No joke..

Day one purchase!

'07 on the DS was sweeeet. :bowdown: It kinda reminds me of how the N64 games SHOULD have been. FIFA is really good on the DS and it plays really well - nice and slick. The touch screen is also used in a good fashion aswell. :) Hope that the be a pro system works well too. AI could go to hell. Looking forward to it though.

All versions look great this year :)

I'm tempted by the DS version, completely unimpressed with Pro Evo DS.

I just hope Fifa Wii can better Pro Evo Wii's controls. I get a feeling it may be a rushed rip off, hope I'm just being cynical.

I'm tempted by the DS version, completely unimpressed with Pro Evo DS.

I just hope Fifa Wii can better Pro Evo Wii's controls. I get a feeling it may be a rushed rip off, hope I'm just being cynical.

Konami were lazy and totally under used the DS hardware.. EA do a much better job with Fifa.

IF Konami did PES DS like the Wii version it would be perfect, but they are shocking. Even if we got an ISS port (I'd DIE as ISS 98/2000 are still amazing in their own way!)

At least EA always push the hardware they develop for. May go off to play FIFA right now on the DS...

I haven't been following FIFA 09 all that much.. haven't seen a thing of the DS version but was wondering if it is implementing new controls this time by using the touch screen?

I was gutted when Konami didn't make the effort to offer a great DS control scheme to match the Wii version and, as I have said many times, I made a thread ages ago explaining how it could work with diagrams.. but I link it in any thread like this so maybe I shouldn't this time :heh:

Pro Evolution Soccer on the DS is very poor (both games..) and I just wish Konami would either give us a new version with touch screen control or port ISS 98 from the N64 and update the teams and commentary.. with a pinch of online :heh: ..or give us both :yay:

yeah, your ideas were execllent / nando / and I always thought that Konami may have embraced the DS like they did with the Wii. Who knows. Come next year we could see a decent PES alongside 2009 on Wii. (Wishful thinking)

I'm pretty sure FIFA 09 on the DS has the same controls. Nothing has been said about any changes so I pesume it's just the same as the previous years. Which I have no complaints about. Suits the game afterall.

yeah, your ideas were execllent / nando / and I always thought that Konami may have embraced the DS like they did with the Wii. Who knows. Come next year we could see a decent PES alongside 2009 on Wii. (Wishful thinking)

I dont think we will even see PES on DS this year you know..

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/909/909214p1.html

IGN: How have you leveraged the touch screen in new, but still authentic ways?

Cho: We've simplified the touch screen usage by keeping only what's necessary. Gone is the need to use it for indirect free kicks, as it was rather cumbersome to have to switch from buttons to the touch screen and back again for an instance that doesn't merit the hassle. Direct free kicks and penalty kicks still use the touch screen. In Be A Pro mode, the touch screen is used as a radar that rotates to match the orientation of your Pro so that you always know where you are in relation to the action on the pitch. This is useful in planning your strategy as you can see where your team and opponents are from your Pro's point of view.

HOw comes there's been nothing about this game? I quite liked Fifa 08, but after Pro EVo it couldn't get a look in. Want to know how the controls work and what options the game has. The PS3 version is looking quite promising and with Pro Evo Wii not coming out til Spring, I need a football game to tide me over!

This comes out on friday and this hasn't even had a playtest never mind a review!!!

I nicked this from gamefaqs.

Key features - Nintendo Wiiâ„¢

1)Unique Wii Experience:

Enjoying football action on Wii is now easier with refined gestures, point-and-play controls with on-screen pass indicators and one-button actions that create instant shots on goal and greater success connecting on headers and volleys.

2)New 8 vs 8 Footii Match Mini-Game:

Play 8 vs. 8 in a completely unique mode where you can play an arcade version of football with the focus on fun. Populate your team with your Mii characters captained by one of our FIFA 09 cover athletes created as customized characters. Make outrageous shots and steal the ball by simply waving your Wii Remote.

3)Boot It:

Play with your Mii, Ronaldinho, Rooney or other stars in a simultaneous shooting frenzy. Play as the goalie or the shooter. All-new Eliminator mode enables up to four friends to play all at once, blasting away at targets or in rapid fire to eliminate opponents to see who will be the last player standing.

4)Table Football:

Play Classic Mode using a variety of new rules or with a new twist — multiple balls at the same time, including a power ball that moves like a rocket or a stealth ball that turns invisible at any time.

5)EA SPORTS All-Play:

A simplified control system using just the Wii Remote enables novice players to focus on having fun while the console does the rest. Players control key actions like shooting and passing, while the AI controls the rest.

6)Advanced Controls:

More experienced gamers can still access all the in-depth controls, now using a precision passing system with point-and-play control. You can even use a Classic controller or Nintendo GameCube controller for a more traditional EA SPORTS FIFA game experience.

7)Online* Play:

Pick your favorite team and go online to challenge a rival squad one-on-one.

8)EA SPORTS Interactive Leagues:

Represent your club online against your rivals throughout the season in the Barclays Premier League, German Bundesliga, Italian League, French League or Mexican 1st Division.

9)Manager Mode:

Featuring a Wii specific interface, club finances and sponsors, visual sims and dynamic board expectations that change depending on your successes … or failures. Play pre-season friendlies and training options to hone your squad of players.

10)Complete Authenticity:

Featuring over 500 licensed teams all accurately represented with correct kits and crests.

I was wondering the same thing Dazzy. I was just browsing on Games website and looking at the coming soon stuff for Wii to make sure SimCity is out this weekend and I saw that Fifa is also out. I had no idea it was so soon because there has been so little in the way of news and previews! Having said that, I'll just be holding out for Pro Evo unless Fifa gets amazingly glowing reports. :heh: (I'm still curious to hear how Fifa 09 turns out though!)

Whats annoying is that the PS3 and 360 versions have had so much exposure with huge previews, playtests and advanced reviews. The Wii version has had nothing of the kind really!! Obviously the "next gen" versions will sell better! Marketing = sales. Simple. EA will then use this as Wii Audience don't want these types of games......infuriates me! :)

We have a feature up on the main site all about console football games for all those that love 'em.

HERE

Enjoy!

Whats annoying is that the PS3 and 360 versions have had so much exposure with huge previews, playtests and advanced reviews. The Wii version has had nothing of the kind really!! Obviously the "next gen" versions will sell better! Marketing = sales. Simple. EA will then use this as Wii Audience don't want these types of games......infuriates me! :)

It's a bit annoying, as the Wii version of 08 didn't do too badly, did it? It was a pretty good effort. I bought it, love it and still play it almost a year after I bought it.