NEurope
RPGfan

Does any anybody know of solutions to cut down the noise from the xbox360?

Sell your 360 and get a PS3.

Say no to bad quality and customer service.

Also if you have a pc go buy a Mac next time.

lmao, once again proving your worth I see. Fuck off.

lmao, once again proving your worth I see. Fuck off.

OMG something positive about PS3!!! Lets mob him!

I could say the same back to you. But i didnt. Although i guess you are right for some turning off the 360 solves the issue ;)

I am pretty sure people deserve a real solution without breaking their warranty. People reacting angrily only proves my point.

Coincidently and funnily enough there is this:

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=261&cl_index=1&sc_index=35&ss_index=87

Will break your warranty and still be louder than the PS3 but its an improvement nevertheless. Should be good for cooling which is the real problem. You could even add more fans via mods.

If you dont want to break your warranty and spend more there isnt much you can do. Design flaws are something you have to work around. Something MS have a poor record with.

No Choze.

I own both consoles and will obviously admit that the PS3 is far quieter than the 360. But you come off as a complete cock in your statements... Plus your comments weren't even helpful.

I used felt-pads with adhesive undersides to attach to the belly of the xbox360 which took of some of the vibrations. But it wasn´t enough. The whining/whirring sound was too high-pitched to go unnotiched. So I ditched the machine.

But, if it is indeed going to be possible to play games directly from the HDD then the problem is solved right then and there with no disc spinning at insane speeds. I spoke to Microsoft support about it, who said that they believe that once the game has been stored on the HDD it may still be necessary to have the actual gamedisc in the drive for genuine gamedisc verification and for transfer of information from the gamedisc to the HDD.

It will be a revolution for me, if we can just put a disc in without having to hear it spinning all of the time. Heating issues will be a thing of the past. Could that be why they are creating this new solution now?

But they didn´t know if it will actually leave the game disc spinning all of the time anyways or not. If so, I don´t see the point in HDD storage of entire games. Let´s keep our fingers crossed they wont fling som useless solution in our faces which will further erode the already lacking confidence a lot of gamers have with them following the over-heating issues. I sincirely hope for them they get it right this time.

Otherwise I promise I will but a PS3 and invite Amnesty International to protest the launch of each new game for the xbox360 for the reason of it being pure torture.

Don't you think ur over-reacting? I wouldn't exacly call it torture. I have heard my wii make a fair bit of noise when it wants to, same with the dreamcast.

I have also heard u would have to put the disc in first to verify that u actually own the game kinda thing.

Don't you think ur over-reacting? I wouldn't exacly call it torture. I have heard my wii make a fair bit of noise when it wants to, same with the dreamcast.

I have also heard u would have to put the disc in first to verify that u actually own the game kinda thing.

You leave the Dreamcast out of this!! :p

You have to keep the game in all the time, not just once at the beginning.

You leave the Dreamcast out of this!! :p

You have to keep the game in all the time, not just once at the beginning.

I loved the dreamcast, :smile: it was awfully loud though ;)

Ah i stand corrected. Does it install the whole game and the disc is only there for verification or is it like the PS3? Bit installed and run off both.

I loved the Dreamcast too. I didn´t think it was anywhere near the noiselevel of the xbox360, though. In fact, I never even noticed any annoying background noise from the DC. I don´t think I am overreacting with regard to the noise from the xbox360 as it was when I owned one the last time.

Microsoft xbox support told me today that they will "continue to improve the xbox360 with each new version launched to market". So keeping my fingers crossed for a quieter xbox360 the next time.

Ok, well if thats how u feel. The noise doesn't really bother me. When i first turned it on i was suprised, but i quickly got over it.

I would say my elite doesn't make as much noise as my first 360.

Seriously are your 360s THAT noisy? I mean, yeah it kinda sounds like a PC, but it's not that bad, at least mine isn't

Seriously are your 360s THAT noisy? I mean, yeah it kinda sounds like a PC, but it's not that bad, at least mine isn't

Same. Mine does not bother me at all.

Microsoft xbox support told me today that they will "continue to improve the xbox360 with each new version launched to market". So keeping my fingers crossed for a quieter xbox360 the next time.

So u have to keep buying new xbox360s because its quieter every time one comes out.

It must be nice to have that much money...

I loved the Dreamcast too. I didn´t think it was anywhere near the noiselevel of the xbox360, though. In fact, I never even noticed any annoying background noise from the DC. I don´t think I am overreacting with regard to the noise from the xbox360 as it was when I owned one the last time.

The dreamcast laser moving to read data from the Cd's is louder then anything the 360 does.

I see the 360 as Dreamcast version 2 in some respects, considering the amount of Dreamcast games that are on XBLA...

The 360 is a little loud, but I can just blank it out now. I don't even notice the noise most of the time. :heh:

Although my PS3 does tend to make a lot of nosie, and it is sometimes as loud as my 360. Should I be worried about that?

Diageo wrote:

So u have to keep buying new xbox360s because its quieter every time one comes out.

It must be nice to have that much money...

I only owned one other xbox360. So, no I don´t buy one for each new version. But I tend to get annoyed if things make a lot of noise and no solution is in sight no matter who or where I ask. That´s all, and so such things stop having any value to me and so I get rid of them pronto.

I can't imagine being able to hear the fan over the game! Mine's nowhere near that loud....

Haven't spent much time near a 360, yet when I went to my cousins I didn't really notice the noise.

Then again he did have to get his fixed for £70. Should have told the red-ring to say hello.

And the amount of noise it makes with its disc drive too! :D

My disc drive is basically completely silent most of the time. I don't wanna jinx it though :P

The big mistake alot of people make is ventilation. Blocking the airways and low airflow I wonder if we can mod the PS3 to stay quiet. My room gets quite hot in the summer and my Ps3 has been on lvl 3 alot because of that (apart form when it rains, crap Britsh summer)

No Choze.

I own both consoles and will obviously admit that the PS3 is far quieter than the 360. But you come off as a complete cock in your statements... Plus your comments weren't even helpful.

At least i dont go around posting incorrect facts. Not alot you can do here with the 360.

At least i dont go around posting incorrect facts.

Ohhhhh burn...

I would like to know if any of you ever owned a HALO 3 version xbox360? It was that model which troubled my with it´s noise at its worst sounding like a vacuum cleaner running at full power! I kid you not! If any of you have one such version, military green and all, please let me know if you get anywhere near the kind of noise during playing HALO 3 on it! It is impossible to know if other gamers did or did not have the problem I had, unless they either own the same version or have been playing on one for a longer period of time. I suspect that something could have been wrong with that machine. I am wondering all of the time why nobody else seems to experience the kind of noise level I did. I think it is only on that particular xbox360 version that the problem was so pronounced. I typed these search words in Google and got a quite interesting post on an xbox forum where one gamer had the exact same problem as me. Search words: HALO 3 version xbox 360 noise. I can´t post the link, as I haven´t got enough posts to do so yet. Sorry about that.