NEurope
darksnowman

Beating the Drought: What Have You Been Playing?

Right, so we are mostly through summer now (not that it ever really came, if you judge by the weather...). With the Autumn/ Winter onslaught of new releases getting ever nearer, lets hear what you've been playing or replaying recently to get you through the fabled summer gaming drought.

Personally, my Wii has seen the most downtime its ever seen since I got it. I have nothing whatsoever against the machine, its just that when I've been getting in some game time its been the likes of- yep, you guessed it- Shiren the Wanderer and Etrian Odyssey. Both on DS.

Rediscovered an old classic through the Virtual Console or picked up a Wii game you overlooked up until now? Over to you! :awesome:

Strong bad!!

Psychonauts

Soul caliber 4

one wii game haha (that's also on a pc.....)

Havn't been playing anything really!

SSBB only managed to hold my interest for a few days [i just feel like I've played it all before in Melee].

I've had a few multiplayer games of Mario Kart Wii recently, which I continue to love! and a few minutes on Wii Fit but that's about it!

Brawl, Fire Emblem PoR/RD, Okami, Shiren, BWii, MK, NMH, DQS. For Nintendo wise. Got about the same amount for PS2/360 to complete, if not more.

Completed 2 games from the list.

I've been going on Wii Fit daily to do some virtual walking mostly and a few Jack-knife's, got back into playing Medal of Honor Heroes 2 Capture the Flag games on-line, pick up my guitar for the odd session on Guitar Hero and I've joined in the N-E Thursday night Mario Kart battles.

I do have Okami to play but I'm not in the mood for a game where I have to focus on story etc right now.

Like darksnowman my Wii has been gathering dust to the point where I packed it away 2 weeks ago.

I have been playing through Soul Calibur 4 and Beautiful Katamari on the 360 and The World Ends With You on my DS.

It seems the drought is ending early this year as September seems to be when the onslaught of games arrives on various platforms. I think im set to spend around £300-£400 just in that month! Wallet may cry.

I've got nothing much in December, or for the rest of the year. Nothing compared to last.

I'll get these at somepoint:

FF IV

DQ IV

GH IV(instant)

AC (maybe if no other games)

KoR (instant purchase)

Sonic Unleashed

Naruto 360(maybe)

Only ones I can really think of just now.

What does September have in store?

*takes deep breath*

Infinite Undiscovery

Too Human

Viva Pinata 2

Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise

Dragon Quest DS

Wario Land Shake It

Final Fantasy IV

Star Wars Force Unleashed

Mercs 2

De Blob

Baroque

Soul Calibur Legends

Samba de Amigo

Lego Batman

Opoona

Thats the ones I can think of at the moment, that could be all of them.

*takes deep breath*

Infinite Undiscovery

Too Human

Viva Pinata 2

Dragon Quest DS

Wario Land Shake It

Final Fantasy IV

Mercs 2

De Blob

Baroque

Soul Calibur Legends

Samba de Amigo

Lego Batman

Opoona

And exhale!

You really gonna buy Soul Calibre Legends? are you just gonna try it out for the story?

I can't believe it still hasn't been released here yet, wasn't it out about 1 year ago in the rest of the world?!

And exhale!

You really gonna buy Soul Calibre Legends? are you just gonna try it out for the story?

I can't believe it still hasn't been released here yet, wasn't it out about 1 year ago in the rest of the world?!

Yeah its crazy how long its taken especially when Soul Calibur IV came out on 2 different platforms at pretty much the same time all around the world.

I like the Soul Calibur games/story/characters and I know this one is supposed to suck but im willing to give it a whirl.

I played Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon and Bully Scholarship Edition on my Wii. Really, the only Wii game I need to buy at this point is FE.

Otherwise, I been playing my DS, FFIV in specfic.

I've got tons I've missed out on already.

I'm currently playing, Guitar Hero 3 (Wii), Zack and Wiki, F-Zero GX. I'm playing the occasional online match in a Freeware Mac/PC/Linux FPS Game called Sauerbraten.

I played a lot on the Computer lately, namely Mass Effect, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and over the last two days Star Trek Elite Force (it's the first time I completed it).

On the Wii I also played some Mario Kart.

Erm, guys, this is a Wii Forum, so we should talk only about the Wii? Dunno.

Anyways:

Defend your Castle, Brawl and soon... OKAMI!!! (Didn't play the PS2 version, shame on me)

Just Brawl for me, but I'm contemplating trading it in once I give my mates controller back, preferably after the tournament. I'd probably sell my Wii if it wasn't for Animal Crossing coming out soon, although that'd just leave me with an Awesome64.

*takes deep breath*

Infinite Undiscovery

Too Human

Viva Pinata 2

Dragon Quest DS

Wario Land Shake It

Final Fantasy IV

Mercs 2

De Blob

Baroque

Soul Calibur Legends

Samba de Amigo

Lego Batman

Opoona

It's September now? What's going on with this game, was supposed to be released last month, then the 8th August, then 29th. Can't believe it's pushed back again...

Nah, its still down as 29th Aug ( just like Too Human ) but I thought I would slam them on the list as they are practically a Sept release :)

Erm, guys, this is a Wii Forum, so we should talk only about the Wii? Dunno.

Anyways:

Defend your Castle, Brawl and soon... OKAMI!!! (Didn't play the PS2 version, shame on me)

But, the question is what are you doing to survive the summer games drought. We don't just have to play Wii games to survive it.

Every year everyone talks about a drought and I never feel it. Right now I'm not home, so basically DS, but the games in my sig, Wario Land Shake It, Brawl, Okami, Mario Kart Wii, Metal Slug, Mario & Sonic At The Olympics (with my cousins, been having a blast, although I've been playing Wii Play and Sports with them too), Wii Fit (lol), Dewey's Adventures, Eledees, Guilty Gear AC XX,Boom Blox, bought Scarface cheap yesterday, so that, Persona 3, Frequency, DMC4, Forza 2, bought Kameo too, so add that to the list, Fire Emblem GBA, Castlevania II, Kirby Amazing Mirror, Phoenix Wright 2 and probably some more. I'm very promiscuous

Every year everyone talks about a drought and I never feel it. Right now I'm not home, so basically DS, but the games in my sig, Wario Land Shake It, Brawl, Okami, Mario Kart Wii, Metal Slug, Mario & Sonic At The Olympics (with my cousins, been having a blast, although I've been playing Wii Play and Sports with them too), Wii Fit (lol), Dewey's Adventures, Eledees, Guilty Gear AC XX,Boom Blox, bought Scarface cheap yesterday, so that, Persona 3, Frequency, DMC4, Forza 2, bought Kameo too, so add that to the list, Fire Emblem GBA, Castlevania II, Kirby Amazing Mirror, Phoenix Wright 2 and probably some more. I'm very promiscuous

Well, I doubt I'd feel it either if I could buy every frickin' game ever :p

Well, I doubt I'd feel it either if I could buy every frickin' game ever :p

Precisely because I can't buy every game at launch like I used to, they pile up and I always have lots of them to play, because I get them cheap later. That and lack of time. Lots of people complain that no games are going to come out and they don't even have the ones that are already out. Not having money is a different issue though :P