NEurope

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/898/898410p1.html

Eidos and Warner team up to bring new game to PS3, 360 and PC.

Arkham Asylum is under development at Rocksteady Studios for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC and is slated for a release in 2009.

Hailed as a "haunting action detective game," Arkham Asylum puts the player in the role of Batman while he delivers The Joker to the titular loony bin. Of course, there's a trap set by the villains, and that is where the game unfolds. Arkham Asylum's script is written by Batman writer Paul Dini.

"In Batman: Arkham Asylum Eidos and Warner Bros. are building a true action adventure game experience worthy of gamers and fans," said Phil Rogers, CEO of Eidos Interactive. "Players become Batman, like he has never been seen before in a video game, as he fights through intense circumstances in Arkham Asylum utilizing his intuitive detective skills and aggressive melee attacks."

First Screens:

7323620080815_212305_0_big.jpg

7323620080815_212307_13_big.jpg

7323620080815_212305_1_big.jpg

7323620080815_212306_2_big.jpg

7323620080815_212306_3_big.jpg

7323620080815_212306_4_big.jpg

7323620080815_212306_5_big.jpg

7323620080815_212306_6_big.jpg

7323620080815_212306_7_big.jpg

7323620080815_212306_8_big.jpg

7323620080815_212306_9_big.jpg

7323620080815_212306_10_big.jpg

7323620080815_212306_12_big.jpg

7323620080815_212307_15_big.jpg

Obviously based on comic interpretation and not the films.

This could go either way. If the setting is just Arkham it could get a bit dull!

Not exactly gonna hold my breath on this. It does look nice, but there hasn't been a good Batman game for many years...

Yeah exactly I mean it sure does look impressive, but aren't the Batman games as cursed as the Superman ones?

Also the french says: "I loved, I suffered, and now? I hate." Is that meant to be a riddle or something?

fuck knows. Some metal ass shit. Hardly good Batman stuff :(

I dunno. Hard to say if I'm interested atm. What's the formula? If it's a puzzle heavy hub world (ala Metroid) it could be pretty interesting.

I don't understand. Batman films are now good. Why not base the game on the film?

So many years of games based on rubbish movies. Now there's a good super hero movie... and... Ho-hum.

Also the french says: "I loved, I suffered, and now? I hate." Is that meant to be a riddle or something?
All the question marks in the cell do hint at the Riddler.

umm 4th pic down... what the fuck is that?

That would be Killer Croc....

He´s a bit too big in my opinion.

Interesting...especially with EA's all-but-confirmed Dark Knight game.

I don't understand. Batman films are now good. Why not base the game on the film?

So many years of games based on rubbish movies. Now there's a good super hero movie... and... Ho-hum.

Someone else is making a TDK game. Strangely enough it wasn't scheduled to coincide with the cinema release, but it'll crop up sooner or later.

Some nice pics there. Too early to tell if it will be any good or not. I shall have to wait and find out! Could turn out great, or could turn out shit!

Someone else is making a TDK game. Strangely enough it wasn't scheduled to coincide with the cinema release, but it'll crop up sooner or later.

Oh! That's... really odd.

just read an article about this in GI

The developers seem to be taking alot of cues from Zelda and Metroid

Investigation mode is the centerpiece of Batman's detective arsenal. It automatically highlights points of interest, show weak walls, and, similarly to the Metroid Prime series, can scan things around the environment into your database..

....theres also some of the feeling you get when you play Metroid or Zelda where you run past and think, ''im going to get there at some point, but i cant yet''

All gadgets have both a combat and navigational purpose. For example, explosive gel can open up secret passages like the bombs in Legend of Zelda

There may be some boss battles that are focused on combat, some that are focused more on gadgets, some that are more of a giant, Zelda-style boss.

-''Predator'' gameplay is how Batman deals with a large group of henchmen. Basically he stalks the weakest ones in stealth to strike fear into the stronger henchmen, making them lose control

-in a kind of RPG-like skill tree system, players distribute upgrade points where they prefer. Think new combat moves, faster takedowns or gadget upgrades like the ability to throw multiple Batarangs at the same time

The info in the above post sounds amazing.

The screens look amazing. (<3 Killer Croc!!!)

But....its by Eidos....

*Sigh*

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46636.html

SQUEEEEEEE

I´ve been hyping myself too much about this lately.

for good reasons though:

Paul Dini is writing the story

Mark Hamill is once again voicing the Joker

Big ass list of villains

The Joker

Killer Croc

The Riddler

Harley Quinn

The Scarecrow

Mr. Freeze

Bane

Mr. Zsasz

The Penguin

Poison Ivy

Killer Moth

Ratcatcher

........................................hfs..............

this game is looking sick.

not a big fan of the unreal engine here but the game sounds baddass.

what's wrong with Eidos, Rez? I can't think of a good reason to assume the worst.

this game is looking sick.

not a big fan of the unreal engine here but the game sounds baddass.

what's wrong with Eidos, Rez? I can't think of a good reason to assume the worst.

They made/had some involvement with Tomb Raider...

.....I hated Tomb Raider.

Thats...really my knowledge of them, lulz.

huh.

Lol love it.

Reminds me of something off topic ;

Going to Thorpe on Thursday, and got invited by some friends to Chinese afterwards, but I'll be with my friend who hasn't met these friends, so I rang him up telling him we were going to Chinese with people he hasn't met and I was like "You'll like them etc" and he goes ".....Right," and I cracked up hard down the phone, him not knowing why and he started laughing etc, becuase he sounded so apprehensive in his right.

Hmmm. Not funny at all if you don't him....what a shitty post.

Is that confirmed? Sounds a bit like that guy from "The Batman" to me.

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess his voice has just changed a little now he's a bit older.

This looks pretty interesting. Been a while since I picked up a stealth game. Plus Mark Hamill was the best ever voice of the joker.