NEurope

And the framerate's are the same on both console's..........both could be better.

And the framerate's are the same on both console's..........both could be better.

Definately isnt that bad. Game runs well and works well. Its no NFS Shift thats for sure. Hopefully NFS shift gets a patch. This game surely doesnt neeed it as its very polished.

I feel its alot like Metroid Prime in design. Its gets better as you gain more abilites.

I just finished the game after borrowing it off a friend, I can't say I was impressed by it. There wasn't much 'wrong' per se, but little of it felt fun or rewarding. The 4 main ability unlocks were basically just spammed immediatly after they were obtained and then used very sparsely throughout the asylums facilities.

The game choked under the Unreal gas, nothing looked especially great and it was just a bit lifeless. Even though it is in a way a small exploratory environment, I found that the game was very linear unless you wanted to search for riddles which aren't compelling to find because they're all fairly gettable. If you're concerned with trophies I might see the appeal. I'm pretty sure there aren't any intricate puzzles or interesting crevaces I missed out on by ignoring the homogeneous 'riddles'. They could've at least made the effort to make each one unique in appearance ala Uncharted.

The amount of vent covers that had to be ripped off was laughable, and I'm not sure what the draw was in having to smash so many walls with the explosive. Or in fact 'deciphering' security doors.

Then there's the almost universal agreement about the bosses in the game, which lets face it, are barely substantial enough to qualify as bosses. Recycling is obviously a large part of rocksteady.

Quite high on the annoyance meter also were the notices once you die that tell you what to do, coupled with the irritating wait as you sit through a mini cutscene for the 3rd or 4th time.

Onto the good things, I enjoyed clearing out large rooms of enemies, especially where most of the guards are armed. The cool factor of inverted takedowns kinda wore thin by the end but general stealth action was enjoyable. As was the combat which was handled pretty well. It's hard to master and I still haven't fully got to grips with it so I'd call that a job well done.

Then there's the fan service the game contains. The game has a great script for the most part and I appreciate the tapes and profiles included in the game, however I think this is probably why I've been so critical about the game because I must say, I'm not the greatest fan of Batman and don't know much about it. I feel reassured in saying that part of the reason why the game reviewed well was because many of the ratings came from fans of Batman. It's understandable that with all the hype the game had before release along with the actuality of the game not being crap like expected, the praise for the game was plentiful. It was above all clear to see that the developers had made a recognisable attempt. However I'm looking at it as a videogame and I think that it's just a 7/10 experience.

My acceptance of videogames may be Wane-ing (sigh) and it's harder for each new title to cross the threshold seperating the good from the great. Maybe a couple of years ago I would have classified games like this and Infamous as great games, but I feel the standards have been raised by others over this time.

Of course, I'm in a minority on this call, but we're all part of a minority with some of our opinions.

Edited by dwarf

I just finished the game after borrowing it off a friend, I can't say I was impressed by it. There wasn't much 'wrong' per se, but little of it felt fun or rewarding. The 4 main ability unlocks were basically just spammed immediatly after they were obtained and then used very sparsely throughout the asylums facilities.

The game choked under the Unreal gas, nothing looked especially great and it was just a bit lifeless. Even though it is in a way a small exploratory environment, I found that the game was very linear unless you wanted to search for riddles which aren't compelling to find because they're all fairly gettable. If you're concerned with trophies I might see the appeal. I'm pretty sure there aren't any intricate puzzles or interesting crevaces I missed out on by ignoring the homogeneous 'riddles'. They could've at least made the effort to make each one unique in appearance ala Uncharted.

The amount of vent covers that had to be ripped off was laughable, and I'm not sure what the draw was in having to smash so many walls with the explosive. Or in fact 'deciphering' security doors.

Then there's the almost universal agreement about the bosses in the game, which lets face it, are barely substantial enough to qualify as bosses. Recycling is obviously a large part of rocksteady.

Quite high on the annoyance meter also were the notices once you die that tell you what to do, coupled with the irritating wait as you sit through a mini cutscene for the 3rd or 4th time.

Onto the good things, I enjoyed clearing out large rooms of enemies, especially where most of the guards are armed. The cool factor of inverted takedowns kinda wore thin by the end but general stealth action was enjoyable. As was the combat which was handled pretty well. It's hard to master and I still haven't fully got to grips with it so I'd call that a job well done.

Then there's the fan service the game contains. The game has a great script for the most part and I appreciate the tapes and profiles included in the game, however I think this is probably why I've been so critical about the game because I must say, I'm not the greatest fan of Batman and don't know much about it. I feel reassured in saying that part of the reason why the game reviewed well was because many of the ratings came from fans of Batman. It's understandable that with all the hype the game had before release along with the actuality of the game not being crap like expected, the praise for the game was plentiful. It was above all clear to see that the developers had made a recognisable attempt. However I'm looking at it as a videogame and I think that it's just a 7/10 experience.

My acceptance of videogames may be Wane-ing (sigh) and it's harder for each new title to cross the threshold seperating the good from the great. Maybe a couple of years ago I would have classified games like this and Infamous as great games, but I feel the standards have been raised by others over this time.

Of course, I'm in a minority on this call, but we're all part of a minority with some of our opinions.

See yes you might be in the minority but I don't think your analysis can be argued against. Your not trolling and even to someone who loves the game I have to accept some of your other "faults" you found with the game other than the bosses to resonate and ring true with me to some extent.

Besides 7/10 isn't a bad score, bop in the New Super Mario Bros. Wii thread and let some of them know that :p

Reminds me a bit about MGS4. Yes it's a great game but the acclaim it got definitely boosted my perception of it. When Yahtzee's review came out I thought that yes, I probably overlooked a lot of the problems because it was such a massive release.

That game is still brilliant, but it's not a 10/10 game.

guys I just started playing this but I have one problem with this game....how the hell can you tell when its saved your progress? I know its an autosave feature but at least tell me when its bloody saving!

I just cleared a whole room of bad guys and solved a riddle. Then there was a cutscene and new objective. So I thought it must have auto saved by now but it hasn't and now I'm gonna have to play through that section all over again!

Annoying.....Is there any way to tell when the game has saved? Otherwise its gonna be pretty annoying not knowing when you can stop!

Im pretty sure it saves everytime you enter a new section, look out for a logo in one of the corners

This is indeed the case. I think it is a spinner logo or something, it appears in one of the bottom 2 corners.

There be also a new map-pack out for the 360 version. Cost................Free!!!!

There be also a new map-pack out for the 360 version. Cost................Free!!!!

Yeh I know, will download that in abit.

Just came across Scarecrow for the first time.....really impressed I must say!

Yeh I know, will download that in abit.

Just came across Scarecrow for the first time.....really impressed I must say!

Yeah it's a great Batman game, i loved it!!!

It depends how quickly you got used to the combos I think. I enjoyed hard mode because it really did make me change the way I took on enemies instead of just charging right in, I planned and set traps.