NEurope
Gaijin von Snikbah

Tomb Raider Underworld

New screens from a site called N-Europe.

Wow, a site called N-Europe? I wonder where that might be... :S

Aside from the stupid joke, the game looks "Meh" compared to the Next-Gen games, its obviously a usual Downgraded game, that instead of trying to find advantages in the Wii, just downgrades it and makes it full of Waggle (Waggle not yet confirmed :heh:)

But anyway, nothing special, we'l see in the critics later, i don't expect much, anyways.

Edit: Plus, Ubisoft :'(

Wow, a site called N-Europe? I wonder where that might be... :S

Aside from the stupid joke, the game looks "Meh" compared to the Next-Gen games, its obviously a usual Downgraded game, that instead of trying to find advantages in the Wii, just downgrades it and makes it full of Waggle (Waggle not yet confirmed :heh:)

But anyway, nothing special, we'l see in the critics later, i don't expect much, anyways.

Edit: Plus, Ubisoft :'(

Yeah, compared to the PS4 version this looks rather stoneage-ish. Seriously, stop calling the PS3/360 a next-gen system.

The Wii version seems to be what you can expect: downgraded, yet not entirelly crappy graphics. Then there seems to be a few puzzles that use the Wiimote in a potentially interresting way. Could be good, not necessary.

Ubisoft brought the Gamecube fans Tombraider in a time where there REALLY was a draught. I don't think they'll mess up TR.

I just hope it's in the style of Anniversary, ie, lots of puzzles and brilliant environmental platforming and not so much shooting. If it's like that, I'm sold, TR:A is a brilliant game (well... except the last level, the Mines, but most of the rest is genius).

Same button configuration too, though they can and should improve the sensibility and fix the camera for the Wii. For more details about what I'm talking about check my posts in the TR:A thread. :) And buy TR:A. :awesome:

Seriously, stop calling the PS3/360 a next-gen system.

Does it really matter that much? It's pretty damn obvious what it means.

Tomb Raider Anniversary on Wii apparently was a good game, so I've high hopes for this one.

Screenshots looking bad is a common issue. Probably looks far better in motion. Anniversary didn't look too shabby either.

After having loved and completed TRA on Wii, I think that 'Underworld' definitely looks like it has improved graphics and lighting. I'm more excited about the game on PS3/360, but still it looks a lot better than I expected.

Oh yeah, and what's all this nonsense about Ubi Soft and 'Tomb Raider'??? Ubi Soft have nothing to do with TR - EIDOS publish it.

D'oh!!!

I knew i was missing something, lol.

Yes, in my defense, their names are similar :P

So Tomb Raider is now out and judging by the lack of comments, no-one is really that bothered about it.

I saw a trailer for it on TV last night which made it look quite decent. It's been getting pretty bad scores though. 68% on Gamerankings, which is 10% lower than for the XBOX360 and PS3 interestingly.

Is anyone here interested in getting it?

So Tomb Raider is now out and judging by the lack of comments, no-one is really that bothered about it.

I saw a trailer for it on TV last night which made it look quite decent. It's been getting pretty bad scores though. 68% on Gamerankings, which is 10% lower than for the XBOX360 and PS3 interestingly.

Is anyone here interested in getting it?

IGN gave it a low review score as well.

I've been meaning to pick up Anniv and Underworld at somepoint but I think I'II wait till I can get both in a 2 for £30 deal.

From what I gather TR: Underworld is a terrible rush job on the Wii. The 360/PS3 versions aren't that hot, but there are plenty of disgruntled Wii owners around who bought this only to find a complete disaster. Apparently it's been seriously chopped down from the other versions, which in themselves aren't doing anything that great over the Anniversary game. It's also incredibly buggy and glitchy, with a particular game killing bug at the end of the game (you have to pull a lever to exit the level, and it's not in there in the Wii game). A distinct lack of enemies has been noted too.

I thought Anniversary was really underrated on the Wii, and I loved every minute of it. I don't expect I'll be bothering with this though if the stories are true. :(

It's also incredibly buggy and glitchy, with a particular game killing bug at the end of the game (you have to pull a lever to exit the level, and it's not in there in the Wii game).

Woah! The game in unfinishable? :o :o

Actually, didn't one of the first Tomb Raider games (II or III) have a similar bug with not being able to finish it (PC version)? They patched it I think.

I'm only going on what I've read on other games forums, GameFAQs site for example, but yes apparently the game is unfinishable. None of the reviews so far have picked up on that yet, so it'll be interesting to see if someone can confirm it. And that's amongst a whole myriad of other bugs and glitches that are worse on the Wii than any other platform. As I say though, I've not played it, only going on what those who have are saying.

I love Anniversary. Can you get Legend for Wii, and is it any good? I fancy a cut price, better quality Raider this Christmas, and if Legend is available I might go for it.

Looks like you're right! Eidos are looking into it (link).

I can't believe this got past testing!

You can get Tomb Raider Legend for Gamecube and play it on your Wii I suppose. From what I've read, Legend advanced the series quite a bit from the previous games, so I think it's quite good.

From what I gather TR: Underworld is a terrible rush job on the Wii. The 360/PS3 versions aren't that hot, but there are plenty of disgruntled Wii owners around who bought this only to find a complete disaster. Apparently it's been seriously chopped down from the other versions, which in themselves aren't doing anything that great over the Anniversary game. It's also incredibly buggy and glitchy, with a particular game killing bug at the end of the game (you have to pull a lever to exit the level, and it's not in there in the Wii game). A distinct lack of enemies has been noted too.

I think thats actually in the third level Coastal Thailand(unless there's another glitch I'm unaware of). It happened to me last night and I had to restart the game and play it all the way up to that spot without ever saving in order for the lever to appear.

A little bit of video I recorded(its a pretty good looking game)

Glitch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTK9LhffQvk

Without glitch - http://www.imeem.com/people/x3pRCQF/video/GGJXFfb_/miniditka_tom_raiderunderwold_thailand_no_glitch_videogam/

First eleven minutes - http://www.imeem.com/people/x3pRCQF/video/XyAm24MW/miniditka_tombraider_underworldfirst_eleven_minutes_videoga/

Coastal Thailand PT-1 - http://www.imeem.com/people/x3pRCQF/video/DMSyJOzV/miniditka_tomb_riaderunderworld_coastal_thailand_pt1_vide/

uvs081121-021-2.jpg

Hmm....I thought it might have been a good game. Now I don't know if I should get this game or not >_<

I think thats actually in the third level Coastal Thailand(unless there's another glitch I'm unaware of). It happened to me last night and I had to restart the game and play it all the way up to that spot without ever saving in order for the lever to appear.

A little bit of video I recorded(its a pretty good looking game)

Glitch - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTK9LhffQvk

Without glitch - http://www.imeem.com/people/x3pRCQF/video/GGJXFfb_/miniditka_tom_raiderunderwold_thailand_no_glitch_videogam/

First eleven minutes - http://www.imeem.com/people/x3pRCQF/video/XyAm24MW/miniditka_tombraider_underworldfirst_eleven_minutes_videoga/

Coastal Thailand PT-1 - http://www.imeem.com/people/x3pRCQF/video/DMSyJOzV/miniditka_tomb_riaderunderworld_coastal_thailand_pt1_vide/

uvs081121-021-2.jpg

Is the game fun?

There have been loads of people phoning the Eidos support line in the US, but only 7 calls in the UK so far.

Are those videos from the Wii version? It's a shame about the glitches because it looks quite decent.

Are those videos from the Wii version? It's a shame about the glitches because it looks quite decent.

Yes they are.

Im assuming this is their deal of the week or something but Gameplay have now got this on sale for just £19.56.

No.

Also, there's already a Tomb Raider Underworld thread, stop spamming the forum and post it there.

Yeah but not called Tomb Raider Underworld Soundtrack this is diffrent.