NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Garden Pigeon

ARGH! Stupid laptop mousepads!! Help!

Damnit!

I've had 3 laptops, and all of their mouse pads have gone crazy... I move the cursor one way, it fights with me and tries to go the other way. But this new HP laptop I got is the worst... The mouse just starts jumping up and down the screen vertically.

Now my theory to all of this mousepad trouble was that things got stuck in the crevices around the mousepad, y'know, a physical problem. But this new vertical craziness is perfectly straight (I tested by going on paint and holding the left click down) and the mousepad is perfectly clean, which leads me to believe its a software problem?

I tried system restore and it's still happening.

Anywho, has anyone else had this problem? Is there some sort of software fix or anything like that?

Thanks in advance guys.

Abit of a daft question, but nothing else is coming into contact with the pad apart from your finger right? Those track pads (afaik) work on a static charge from your finger and anything else it comes into contact with.

Damnit!

I've had 3 laptops, and all of their mouse pads have gone crazy... I move the cursor one way, it fights with me and tries to go the other way. But this new HP laptop I got is the worst... The mouse just starts jumping up and down the screen vertically.

Now my theory to all of this mousepad trouble was that things got stuck in the crevices around the mousepad, y'know, a physical problem. But this new vertical craziness is perfectly straight (I tested by going on paint and holding the left click down) and the mousepad is perfectly clean, which leads me to believe its a software problem?

I tried system restore and it's still happening.

Anywho, has anyone else had this problem? Is there some sort of software fix or anything like that?

Thanks in advance guys.

You mean like it jumps back to the other side of the screen? That's happened with school laptops. I don't know how to fix it. The only suggestion I can offer is to get one of those tiny mice with the extendible usb cord.

You said the laptop was new.

Call the support line and they'll come out and replace the keyboard and the palm rest, it must be in warranty

Sign in to follow this