NEurope
ShadowV7

More 360/PS3 Titles Wii-bound?

Could more 360/PS3 titles be coming over to the Wii? It looks likely...

So far, Wii owners have been getting some nice treatment lately from Capcom. Who can complain really. MegaMan 9 and Dead Rising is heading our way, Okami and Resident Evil 4 got ported over to the Wii and we've had the overlooked gem that is Zack and Wiki and more titles on the way. But for one gamer, it's not enough.

A Capcom-Unity Member showed his anger by saying Wii owners are getting ports and spin offs and asked why the Wii isn't getting games such as Resident Evil 5 Wii, Dead Rising 2,Lost Planet, Flock, Age of Booty, Street Fighter 4, Devil May Cry and Dark Void. A rather big list...

Christian Svensson, VP of Strategic Planning & Business Development for Capcom replied saying: “We are contemplating versions of one or two of the CEI titles you've mentioned on the Wii (not saying which), but we'd like to see how they do on their initial target systems before doubling down on additional SKUsâ€

What titles do you want from the list? We can only ponder and stroke our chins untill we get more announcements from Capcom. Either way, stay with N-Europe for more Capcom news!

Link

I want Resi 5 on the Wii :heh:

There used to be rumours going round that where getting Lost Planet, Flock, Street Fighter 4 and Street Fighter 2 Remix

I think SF 4 has a decent chance since of the comments saying if gamers wanted it, it would happen. Don't care for flock to much at the moment, then again, I don't know much about it.

Wouldn't mind seeing metal gear solid on wii :D:D:D
I think Capcom would find that difficult to do - you could play twin snakes on your Wii though or Smash Brothers but that's about as close to Snake as you'll get.

Street Fighter 4 and Resi 5 for me please.

I think Capcom would find that difficult to do - you could play twin snakes on your Wii though or Smash Brothers but that's about as close to Snake as you'll get.

Ha ha i know that, i just ment metal gear on wii in general with wii controls

bring them on, I hate to be "in doubt" though, makes me feel like a second rate customer. All the others are getting it, I want my share, not only knowing "they'll make me the favor of giving me the game" after the same title in other platforms has ran it's course.

Specially for a platform that is leading, it's laughable.

I'd love to see MGS on the Wii. But, this is actually capcom thats saying they're bringing more PS3/360 titles to the Wii, and MGS is Konami.

Street Fighter 4 and Resident Evil 5, PLEASE!!!

Those are the two games i would love to have in my Wii ^^

resident evil 5:D then i would have no reason to buy a next gen console

Thats a reason right there why it might not come onto the wii:cry:

Devil May Cry is an awesome idea on Wii Darkjak. Wouldn't even mind if they polished up the old PS2 engine, the gameplay would be awesome.

There used to be rumours going round that where getting Lost Planet, Flock, Street Fighter 4 and Street Fighter 2 Remix

Perhaps they'll save Lost Planet: Wii Edition until close to the release of the film.

Do you really want to see a very downgraded version of RE5 on the Wii? I rather want them to make a brand new RE for the Wii instead, but in the same vein as RE4

I would not say no to REmake2 either

As far as i'm aware, fans have said on various forums that there isn't all that much of a difference between RE 4 and RE 5, like a RE 4.5, so it wouldn't be 'very' downgraded at all. This is assuming it's true.

As far as i'm aware, fans have said on various forums that there isn't all that much of a difference between RE 4 and RE 5, like a RE 4.5, so it wouldn't be 'very' downgraded at all. This is assuming it's true.

But different in what way?

Check out the gameplay videos on GameTrailers... The only new gameplay elements I spotted in two of them is an improved inventory popup screen and flying bat-like enemies. For the rest the gameplay looks 100% identical to Resident Evil 4, it's not even like there are more zombies on screen or anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they just ported all the game mechanics code RE 4 had straight over.

It doesn't even look incredibly much better than Resident Evil 4. It's HD, the animations are very fluent and the PS360's pixel shaders make it all look very well lit, but by no means does it look incredibly advanced. RE4 pushed last gen's hardware way harder than RE5 does now.

The big difference between RE5 and RE4 seems that the area is really more of a city - it has a more complex and diverse geometry, and you are less confined to small spaces like in RE4. Ironically however, this was a weak point of the GameCube hardware (games like Need for Speed and True Crime apparently looked worse than the PS2 version because of it) and apparently the one thing the Wii hardware has improved the most on, with bigger disk space and far more memory.

I really think there's a good chance RE5 is coming to Wii, given Capcom's recent poll, and now these comments. It really seems like a properly portable game - those new gameplay elements are nothing the Wii can't handle. They already have the engine, they have the audience, and they have a Wiimote. They could even take out the co-op gameplay as far as I'm concerned.

Do you really want to see a very downgraded version of RE5 on the Wii? I rather want them to make a brand new RE for the Wii instead, but in the same vein as RE4

We'd rather see a very downgraded RE5 than no new RE (or a spinoff in the vein of Umbrella Chronicles).

We'd rather see a very downgraded RE5 than no new RE (or a spinoff in the vein of Umbrella Chronicles).

I agree with u there. From what i saw from the e3 demonstration they look very similar, it shouldn't be hard to place on the wii. Then again could be just foolish hope

Getting the "not from capcom" queue...

Tales of Vesperia (this one would be easy)

Final Fantasy XIII (just for the megaton lulz)

The E3 gameplay demo didn't look like a big improvement (graphics/physics/gameplay) over RE4...

But would you still not prefer to see a whole new RE in the same vein as RE4, built exclusively to the Wii instead of a very downgraded version of RE5?

The E3 gameplay demo didn't look like a big improvement (graphics/physics/gameplay) over RE4...

The graphics ARE very improved, with much more expansive areas...Even if graphics were cut down to RE4 class, they would still have to cut the size of the environments...Enemies too would get cut down in numbers

Not to mention the physics in form of chainsaws cutting through the walls and such...

The PS2 version was brought down in both visuals and numbers of enemies, and it was MUCH closer to the power of the GC than what the Wii is to PS3/360...This game is simply out of range for the Wii

The graphics ARE very improved, with much more expansive areas...Even if graphics were cut down to RE4 class, they would still have to cut the size of the environments...Enemies too would get cut down in numbers
They wouldn't, the Wii has almost twice the processing power and three times the memory - it could handle way larger areas than the GameCube using the RE4 engine, just like MP3 could handle way larger areas on a modified Metroid Prime 2 engine.

The number of on-screen enemies never seems to get anywhere bigger than it did in Resident Evil 4 either. The destruction of doors and the likes was also featured in RE4.

But would you still not prefer to see a whole new RE in the same vein as RE4, built exclusively to the Wii instead of a very downgraded version of RE5?

I would prefer it, but somehow a port of RE5 seems much more likely.