NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

Miyamoto Banned From Speaking About His Hobbies

After Shigeru Miyamoto developed a love of puzzles, the “brain-training” software that has proved to be an international “killer application” on the Nintendo DS console was born.

He became interested in taking more exercise, and Wii Fit was created. He took up music lessons, and Wii Music was the result.

Now, according to sources at Nintendo, the games designer has been banned by the company from speaking publicly about his hobbies.

It's not that they are naughty, illegal or even nerdish, it's just that any glimpse inside his head could be worth billions. Particularly so now: the Wii still sells strongly around the world, but its successor is the talking point. Unfortunately, the only place where the discussion has any grounding is inside Mr Miyamoto's head.

Having managed to lure millions to games with the inventiveness of characters such as Zelda and Mario, it became Mr Miyamoto's hobbies that shifted gears for Nintendo in the next-generation console era. And as Nintendo's Wii games console approaches its second year, even the most fleeting insight into how Mr Miyamoto is spending his work or play-time is creating huge interest.

In short, the gaming and investment communities are wondering which of his current pastimes will be translated into a virtual rendition that will attract millions of sales five years from now.

timesonline

I get a feeling Miyamoto will retire before this actually begins to matter.

I get a feeling Miyamoto will retire before this actually begins to matter.

I'm not so sure he's going to retire early. He apparently only gets an average salary. Not sure if he gets any stock options but he apparently lives the lifestyle of the working class.

All we know about his non-game-making life at the moment is that he has an iPhone.

I'm not so sure he's going to retire early. He apparently only gets an average salary. Not sure if he gets any stock options but he apparently lives the lifestyle of the working class.

All we know about his non-game-making life at the moment is that he has an iPhone.

Seriously? Source?

I'm guessing if it is infact true, he's doing a Kawashima or something so he doesn't take any profit or something.

.... He recenly visited the wedding of his Daughter, maybe...

WIIMARRY?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

.... He recenly visited the wedding of his Daughter, maybe...

WIIMARRY?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Thanks for that... now I'll have nightmares about it for weeks T_T

- "Wave your WiiMote" to Kiss your bride, the stronger the waggle, the deeper the kiss is...

- Marry your Mii's, and have fun on your Honeymoon)

- Dialogue Tree for Romantic Speech its allowed.

- Wii Speak will be allowed with Online for up to 4 players, having the husband, the wife, the godfather for the kid and the godmother (Godmother? :X) for the kid...

- For every age, so that the family can have fun ^^

Miyamoto will not retire, ever! He's like Alex Ferguson!

In that respect only (the non retiring bit) sheesh I never though I'd ever hear those two people mentioned in the same sentence... ever... :heh:

Hmm back on topic, it's impossible for him to not talk about his hobbies like ever... anyway even if rivals did get ideas from that, they can't execute them in the same way that Nintendo does anyway so meh.

The way Miyamoto comes up with new game concepts though is nothing short of genius in it's most purest and simple form, it's pretty admirable really. :smile:

I think Miyamoto will retire somewhere halfway the lifetime of the Wii2. The way he's developing games nowadays it seems to me he's getting bored with developing the usual classics he used to make...

There's enough talent (involved) with Nintendo to make up for it though - Eiji Aonuma and Masuhiro Sakurai seem to be very talented, and they're still quite young. Not to mention the entire Nintendo Tokyo team...

Seriously? Source?

I'm guessing if it is infact true, he's doing a Kawashima or something so he doesn't take any profit or something.

I think I read it on N-Europe to be honest. Or maybe it was in an interview linked from the forum. Either way, it was a while ago, so I don't think I would be able to find it again.

There was also the time he said he'd taken up gardening at home. Several months later, Pikmin was born.

Makes you wonder what he was up to when he conceived the game that introduced power-up mushrooms...

I wonder if Sony and MS have hired people to follow him around.

Still this is probably just to create hype. It makes it sound like he's up to something.

There was also the time he said he'd taken up gardening at home. Several months later, Pikmin was born.

Makes you wonder what he was up to when he conceived the game that introduced power-up mushrooms...

I couldn't help but laugh at that :D. Well I think it would be a while too before Miyamoto retires. And like S.C.G said, I don't think it's really necessary him to be 'banned' to talk about his hobbies, his nervous & verbal gold wouldn't be produced in the same by other companies the way Nintendo do it. Still, it's quite the topic

Reading Alice in Wonderland?

What about the plumber? There are no Plumbers in Alice in the Wonderland :heh:

What about the plumber? There are no Plumbers in Alice in the Wonderland :heh:

That's what he saw when he smoked the shroomz!

Sign in to follow this