NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

Zelda Remakes... Please

Because they're asking for more money for the remake, infact, they're asking full price.

Virtual Console would defeat their purpose, and be less lucrative.

I should have clarified, i meant after the remakes had run their course on the shelves they could then offer the originals on VC etc.

I should have clarified, i meant after the remakes had run their course on the shelves they could then offer the originals on VC etc.
Oh that. That won't happen they're too stubborn.

What may happen is another version/edition on other platform at full price ^^' That's how they are.

I would so love a remake of zelda a link to the past for the ds, man would that be so class cause i loved phantom hourglass

A remake of something like OOT would need to be handled very carefully. Not only would they need to maintain the core of what is essentially the perfect case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Graphical improvements don't bother me, I would like to just see the world expanded. More NPCs with expanded interactions, more side quests like in Majoras Mask and Wind Waker. More, larger dungeons, for example that mystery cave at the bottom of Zora's Domain.... I think there was another one above the waterfall near Gerudo Valley. I hoped MQ would open these up but they did not. I remember seeing screen shots where Sage Medalions were set to one of the C-buttons like usable items, a feature which was dropped from the main game, I'd like to see what they did.

When Link first opens up the door to the sacred realm there should be another level in there first before he gets knocked out. Like after he gets the Master Sword and Gannondorf appears, Link then rushes forward trying to get to the Triforce first, when he gets there Gannondorf of course would stop him but there would be a nice mini-battle for it that should be epic.

Oh and make it possible to beat that postman in that side quest race, damn i hate that postman, grrrr

Plus many other things that it's too late for me to think of right now.

No, remakes and ports are the only games the wii is getting right now...

Let them make a new Zelda game instead

Besides, we got Alttp on the VC, which is the best game EVAH! What more can you ask for

No, remakes and ports are the only games the wii is getting right now...

Let them make a new Zelda game instead

Besides, we got Alttp on the VC, which is the best game EVAH! What more can you ask for

Let there be both! I still view remastering of old classics as, well, not essential but close to it. OOT for example, a lot of new comers to the Zelda universe from playing TP might be put off playing an N64 game. With the wii remote anything is sellable these days. So a remake would be for both new comers and us who'll probably be bawling through out the game.

I feel Nintendo wanted to do something like this, as in the end they did port OOT, MM and the others unto the Gamecube but probably got lazy and just threw in the Master Quest.

The original Zelda, in 3D in Wind Waker style graphics! Awesome!

I've always thought the original Zelda would be a good game to re-make to today's standards. It would be a remake that would almost feel like a new game TBH.

I've always thought the original Zelda would be a good game to re-make to today's standards. It would be a remake that would almost feel like a new game TBH.
And with no storyline!

Maybe they could do something with it, but Zelda II:AoL would probably be the better remake, Dark Link FTW!

Any game besides TP, WW and PH remade I would get since i didnt play them...

Exactly. Like a Directors Cut version.

OOT = Unfrozen Zora's Domain, more Sheikah explanation.

MM = Maybe add 2 more giants?, Fierce Deity expansion.

WW = More explorable Ancient Hyrule.

Sheikah can never be explained...uehehehe...

But really, we should wait a long while before remakes. I think about MGS: Twin Snakes now, and it was remade too soon. MGS4 compared to TTS shows how great TTS could have been if it had been remade a bit later. Considering the main focus of remakes is visuals and sound, the longer you wait the better. It also gives you more time between playing it again, so it feels a bit more fresh (unless you regularly replay Zelda games, which I'm guessing a lot here do). Saying that, I've completed OoT several times...

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!

Gosh, get over it, wanna play OOT? Play OOT in VC/Emulators/Your own N64 (if you have one)

By creating a Remake, we're wasting the Zelda team that could be making the "completely different" Zelda (As the great God says)... Which would be bad... :nono:

grr.png

sugoifw7.png

But there's no reason Zelda remakes should be done by the Zelda team (MGS: Twin Snakes was done by Silicon Knights). King V quite rightly suggests Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask for remakes, because they are the two that could be massively improved without any creative changes.

I would love to play any Zelda remakes, but remaking a 2D game in 3D would require re-interpretation. The N64 Zeldas, on the other hand, could be massively more enjoyable just with:

* Higher resolution

* Higher frame-rate

* Better textures

* Higher-fidelity sound

I'd keep the exact same amount of polygons per character, although I'm sure they could utilise some of this fancy "mapping" I read about!

Sure, Wii 2 could do them even better, but they should be easy enough to improve every generation.

It wouldn't really be higher resolution as the Wii can still only output at 480. Though playing OoT in widescreen might be good.

Also, MGS: TTS was only made because Miyamoto requested it.

I've always wanted this ever since I played Wind Waker. The last section in original Hyrule made me desperate to explore a whole world in those beautiful graphics - sorry but WW was too blue and too much ocean. I wanted to see the Lost Woods, Death Mountain and all my favorite places. Wind Waker took me back to my early gaming years.

And with no storyline!

Maybe they could do something with it, but Zelda II:AoL would probably be the better remake, Dark Link FTW!

I loved both the original Zelda titles. The Bosses from the second were amazing and it had a brilliant and deep combat system for a real time 2D game.