NEurope
Kirkatronics

Legalising Weed In The UK

One of them is now (post-cannabis) really, really slow - you could think he was stoned all the time, but he's not.

Another has similar problems, to a lesser extent, but also has massive anger issues, which only started after he became a regular weed user.

My sister, on the other hand, is fine, and she used to use it reasonably frequently. However, I'm not going to risk it, I don't want to end up like either of the previous two.

There's nothing wrong with not using it, never, there's also never been a problem with having an opinion on something you haven't tried, I don't agree with skunkys twattish comment.

Weed isn't for everyone just like alcohol and other things aren't, I know I'm not much of a drinker compared to everybody else I know, it just doesn't appeal because of the stories I've heard and seen just like yourself.

:)

One of them is now (post-cannabis) really, really slow - you could think he was stoned all the time, but he's not.

Another has similar problems, to a lesser extent, but also has massive anger issues, which only started after he became a regular weed user.

My sister, on the other hand, is fine, and she used to use it reasonably frequently. However, I'm not going to risk it, I don't want to end up like either of the previous two.

Has it ever occured to you these things were latent/dormant in these people anyway and the weed just brought it out of them? It can do that sort of thing, trigger mental illness that was already present.

Out of 10 of my regular smoking mates, id say one of them has gone a bit funny, but this was after he started takin pills, speed and beak, now he's quit weed, blaming his problems on it, but takes speed & beak occasionaly :/

I dont know which of those to blame, might be the weed, but one of my mates has achieved grade 8 piano, he got from 5 to 8 while smoking weed, hasnt done him any harm.

I've seeen very little negative effects from weed on anyone i know, the only being getting addicted to it, craving a spliff is something i know i do, and some of my mates do, it sucks, but that my be the nicotine or the weed, id say the nicotine because i used to smoke ciggys, but stopped :)

If people dont wanna smoke it then thats fine, but to say its really bad and stuff like that, when theres worse out there to buy legally, is wrong.

Has it ever occured to you these things were latent/dormant in these people anyway and the weed just brought it out of them? It can do that sort of thing, trigger mental illness that was already present.

It has, and "weed triggers underlying mental illness" is not the best selling line ever, by the way.

It has, and "weed triggers underlying mental illness" is not the best selling line ever, by the way.

I know, but it's going to get triggered sooner or later, by something or another, you can't really blame it on the weed.

I know, but it's going to get triggered sooner or later, by something or another, you can't really blame it on the weed.

We're all going to die, sooner or later, so you can't really blame someone's death on their murderer, can you?

bit extreme!

not sure I agree with you though Rok, either.

I know, but being extreme makes point proving easier.

Anyway, feel free to smoke as much of the stuff as you like, just don't expect you me to join you.

Ive never seen any changes in my friends that smoke it, apart from when they were high from it. They all seem to be normal within 30 mins of smoking it usualy.

Ive never seen any changes in my friends that smoke it, apart from when they were high from it. They all seem to be normal within 30 mins of smoking it usualy.

30 mins?

Thats a bit short lol

We're all going to die, sooner or later, so you can't really blame someone's death on their murderer, can you?

Not really the same, is it? And to be honest the sooner mental illness comes to light the better, that way it can be treated.

Not really the same, is it? And to be honest the sooner mental illness comes to light the better, that way it can be treated.

That is, of course, assuming that the mental illness wasn't caused by the cannabis.

That is, of course, assuming that the mental illness wasn't caused by the cannabis.

You'll never know, either way.

You'll never know, either way.

Yep, though personally, I'd rather not risk it.

You do know how difficult it is to treat some mental illnesses right? Even if there is a cure it can have some awful side effects and still may not be fully effective. The cost that goes into the treatment is also ridiculous aswell; money could be used elsewhere in the field of medicine. I mean, let's face it, why should the NHS spend money on those who have done stuff to themselves to make them ill when there are plenty of people who suffer from the same disease and have to wait for treatment.

You do know how difficult it is to treat some mental illnesses right? Even if there is a cure it can have some awful side effects and still may not be fully effective. The cost that goes into the treatment is also ridiculous aswell; money could be used elsewhere in the field of medicine. I mean, let's face it, why should the NHS spend money on those who have done stuff to themselves to make them ill when there are plenty of people who suffer from the same disease and have to wait for treatment.

They do it for alcohol...

They do it for alcohol...

Yeah and they will do it for mental illnesses too, aswell as for smokers. The thing is, why should money be spent here when we can use it for far better things.

Yeah and they will do it for mental illnesses too, aswell as for smokers. The thing is, why should money be spent here when we can use it for far better things.

Might be something to do with the hypocratic oath doctors take.

I'm not sure on this but I think smokers spend far more on the NHS through taxing of ciggarettes than they actual use up. Come to think of it, would the NHS be out of money a little bit if everyone suddenly stopped smoking and paying all the tax :wtf:

As for the original question, I have no idea. Don't really know enough about weed to answer.

Half the problem with prohibition of weed is that you dont really have consisitency on what you are buying.

So problems like impurities or even the strength of the stuff you are buying could hep cause some of these problmes that have been mentioned.

Half the problem with prohibition of weed is that you dont really have consisitency on what you are buying.

So problems like impurities or even the strength of the stuff you are buying could hep cause some of these problmes that have been mentioned.

Very true, not like you get pharmacutical grade drugs on the street, not much anyway.

Might be something to do with the hypocratic oath doctors take.

Well obviously you want to make a difference (etc etc) and the thought of having an ill patient who has a mental illness isn't exactly great, so naturally you will do the best you can to help them.

However, you're being a bit selfish if you're smoking weed/drinking lots of alcohol/ smoking tonnes and expect treatment when money could be better spent elsewhere.