NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Maase

No more plans by Nintendo for Nintendo Wii

yes, because wii music is an uninspired, unoriginal, unwanted pile of garbage right?

*rolleyes*

We get the idea, you dont like casual games. Move along now small fry. From the little you have seen of the game, and your complete lack of experience with the game it's absolutely frustrating to see people so close minded about it.

Anyways, http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12166. I can't help but get a little excited about that :)

yes, because wii music is an uninspired, unoriginal, unwanted pile of garbage right?

*rolleyes*

We get the idea, you dont like casual games. Move along now small fry. From the little you have seen of the game, and your complete lack of experience with the game it's absolutely frustrating to see people so close minded about it.

Anyways, http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12166. I can't help but get a little excited about that :)

It's true, people are judging WiiMusic before they even get to see more of what it has to offer, or even the chance to play it. It's getting on my nerves, really.

Miyamoto is a genius. For somebody to turn such simple ideas into games, and great ones at that...I'd like to spend a day inside his head. Who knows what goes on in there. :)

*rolleyes*

yes.

yes.

NO U!

sorry I just had the urge to say that at least once :p Wii Music is far from garbage though, yes we have music games currently available, is it the same as these though? no... and credit to it for being different, now I love Rock Band as much as the next person but theres something just simple and brilliant about Wii Music that still makes it interesting to me.

I'm not saying that it will change the world but if the world would change it's views and welcome the possibility that it might be "fun" instead of condemning it before it's arrival then the world might be a minutely less negative place that it is outside the realms of gaming.

But I digress, it's just interests me is all, each to their own and all that neutral malarky. :)

I don't see where they said that they don't have anymore plans for the Wii. You're making it sound as if they are just abandoning the console.

NO U!

sorry I just had the urge to say that at least once :p Wii Music is far from garbage though, yes we have music games currently available, is it the same as these though? no... and credit to it for being different, now I love Rock Band as much as the next person but theres something just simple and brilliant about Wii Music that still makes it interesting to me.

I'm not saying that it will change the world but if the world would change it's views and welcome the possibility that it might be "fun" instead of condemning it before it's arrival then the world might be a minutely less negative place that it is outside the realms of gaming.

But I digress, it's just interests me is all, each to their own and all that neutral malarky. :)

Wii music isn't helping us to defend itself though.. I mean Everytime they show us the game the graphics look crap,the music diabolical, and the gameplay is literally waggle and everytime there is an interview they talk about how they are going for people who cant play instruments or how games like guitar hero are too hard..(well that's what they were implying)

I remember one miyamoto interview where he says he doesn't want people to worry about hitting wrong notes... lol

I think there is VERY little chance of this turning out good.. just my faith in miyamoto.

Wii sports is like Rockband on a budget, but with a bunch of extra instruments. In other words, cheap graphics. cheap music, and at this point: cheap controlls. And considering the ammount of time it's taken to develop, I'm not at all impressed. If they did so little in 3 years, I don't think they can make this good before release.

And that Nintendo are running out of ideas is just plain bull. They've yet to bring us Pilotwings, Waverace, 1080, Earthbound, Starfox or anything.

And something Nintendo should do is to get exclusive third party games. Imagine the first two Metal Gear (not Metal Gear Solid) games being remade running on an updated Snake Eater engine. Or maybe Metropolis Street Racer 2 on the PGR 2 engine.

You can just wonder what they are up to, but in all probability there's some game in development that only they are excited about, like that Pacman thing that came with R-Racing.

And that Nintendo are running out of ideas is just plain bull. They've yet to bring us Pilotwings, Waverace, 1080, Earthbound, Starfox or anything.

And something Nintendo should do is to get exclusive third party games. Imagine the first two Metal Gear (not Metal Gear Solid) games being remade running on an updated Snake Eater engine. Or maybe Metropolis Street Racer 2 on the PGR 2 engine.

Nintendo should do this, Nintendo should do that.

That fact is, and it pains me to say it, Nintendo are doing jack shit for the core market. They're not providing any information on core titles, despite fans and journalists criticism. It seems Nintendo are just not motivated to create core titles.

Now, don't get me wrong, i'm happy for casual titles to be produced, but Nintendo need to have a presence in the core market, and they're simply lacking that. Nintendo have generally had at least major core titles over the Christmas period- last year, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime and (in some territories) Brawl, the year before, Zelda and ExciteTruck. This year? Animal Crossing, one of Nintendo's casual offerings (but one, admittedly, embraced by the core audience).

Looking at Wii Music, it really does show they are totally dry out of ideas.

Even though this was made along with Wii Sports/Play/Fit? It doesn't really show this was a 'dry' idea.

Anyway, my comment about you during E3 remains intact.

Nintendo should do this, Nintendo should do that.

That fact is, and it pains me to say it, Nintendo are doing jack shit for the core market. They're not providing any information on core titles, despite fans and journalists criticism. It seems Nintendo are just not motivated to create core titles.

Now, don't get me wrong, i'm happy for casual titles to be produced, but Nintendo need to have a presence in the core market, and they're simply lacking that. Nintendo have generally had at least major core titles over the Christmas period- last year, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime and (in some territories) Brawl, the year before, Zelda and ExciteTruck. This year? Animal Crossing, one of Nintendo's casual offerings (but one, admittedly, embraced by the core audience).

Wholeheartedly agree.

Even though this was made along with Wii Sports/Play/Fit? It doesn't really show this was a 'dry' idea.

It doesn't help when Nintendo's next "big" games are two games that were mentioned at the very start, and a sequel to Wii Sports.

Neither does it help Wii Music when the main thing we currently have to go on is a very badly played Mario theme.

Big games? I only see AC as 'big', and even then, i'm not all that excited about it since it just seems the same.

Wii sports is like Rockband on a budget, but with a bunch of extra instruments. In other words, cheap graphics. cheap music, and at this point: cheap controlls. And considering the ammount of time it's taken to develop, I'm not at all impressed. If they did so little in 3 years, I don't think they can make this good before release.
First play it before you judge. I think it looks awesome to be honest. Just because it's casual doesn't mean it's bad.

Why would we want that if we can buy a PS3 instead? I didn't buy a Wii for MGS and I certainly didn't buy it for realistic racers.

The Wii isn't just about Casual Games or Waggle Heavy games. The best games on the console are not this. There's no reason a Metal Gear game couldn't come to the Wii. Its even something that could benefit from the controller.

To understand how utterly bad Wii music is you have to look through the eyes of someone who's played an instrument before. The fun of playing an instrument, is not waving it around and pressing the keys ect. Its working hard to master it, knowing that you could make a mistake but you aren't because you've practiced the song for months beforehand. Wii Music is brilliant for little kids who wouldn't really be able to play instruments, but still should learn about them ect. but for anyone else, its something that could be fun the first (maybe first few) time(s) and then it will just sit on the shelf barely played. That is unless you have a balance board to play drums. Then it will last a few weeks until you've completed all the daily lessons. Plus, Wii music hasn't taken 3 years to develop. It was a tech demo at E3 06 and probably was only really started a few months ago. Nintendo EAD 2, its developer, also developed, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, and Animal Crossing, and is now working on Wii sports resort having probably finished, Wii Music Already.

Yes... all thoes NEW ideas.... :wtf:

The fun of playing an instrument, is not waving it around and pressing the keys ect.
Neither is the fun of playing Tennis in right time waggles. Just because it's extremely simplified doesn't mean it takes away the fun.

Yep, in Wii music there isn't a single objective, what's the point? Its just a simple toy then...

Yep, in Wii music there isn't a single objective, what's the point? Its just a simple toy then...

Such as Endless Ocean? ;)

I don't think anyone is denying that casual games have their place- even WiiMusic. But the complete lack of core titles is bewildering.

The Wii is genuinely starting to look like a games console for everyone but gamers.

well, as i was the creator of the has nintendo lost it thread (i gave up after the first couple of pages) i have to take the odd position of defending nintendo.

ok, wii music looks dier. litteral crap. wii sports 2 looks ok, but neither are for the hardcore market, which does suck dog balls. however, pikmin and zelda are both in the works, and i belive ive heard murmous of a new mario?

my thought is: be paitent, and dont expect anything this year. im lucky enough to have bought a ps3 recently, and i have to say, i couldnt have chosen a better time. not only is nintendo in a temporary slump (lets face it, if your happy with this years line up your easy pleased) but mgs4 has recently been relaesed, which is a very good, and pretty much thrown to the hardcore.

i really hope nintendo relaese anouther zelda, or pkimin, or kid iccarus next year. i love nintendo, and i still support the wii. some of my favorite games have been wii based. but in my current situaion in life (no job, no money, no women) i need some distraction from the monotomy of life and wii music ait it. hurry up nintendo and get somthing out for the guys who kept you alive over the gamecube period.

i have to say mind, i do agree with what flinky said in my has nintendo lost it thread. the opening few months of wii say a large number of major titles. a year into the wii saw 3 majoy releases, all of which wre good (zelda, metriod and mario). but perhaps we were too greedy or nintendo to egar as its left up half was into the year and with no real game to please the hardcore fan base.

Sign in to follow this