NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Beef? We only serve Kangaroo here!

You can already buy Kangaroo burgers from Walkabout i think. Never had one though

Can you?! o_O

I didn't know that. Wonder if they're popular, at all?

i have had a kangaroo steak from there. it was really nice.

Yeah i've had a kangaroo steak from walkabout too. Was pretty nice.

Its one of those things id like to try but i want to risk having it and not liking or not like it as much as something else on the menu haha

Always wanted to try Kangaroo. Theres a restaurant near here selling it (along with loads of other exotic meats) but at £8.99 for the meal i'm a tad suspicious...

Will take a trip down to brum soon and try some from Walkabout :)

Am I the only one who noticed it was an Australian scientist who discovered this. Maybe just a push by the government to increase Australian exports. Soon it'll just be kangaroo and Fosters everywhere

Anyway I'm all for it as long as it's as cheap as other meat

Vege food can be quite nice (slightly off topic I know).. the sausages and pies are great - prefer then over the meat version since the meat in sausages and pies is shitty offcuts - so healthier and taste virtually the same!

The only vegetarian food I have liked and ironically preferred over the flesh version is the vegetarian "chicken" nuggets, which is basically a nugget stuffed with the same ingredients found in a spring roll.

Eww.

But that sound is mostly from me being veggie and I find all meat eww. But each their own.

(and veggie products are quite nice, and often better for you :p)

I never understand why stuff like 'Veggie Chicken' exists, surely if you want to eat chicken you should just eat the real thing? It seems like the veggie food that most people try is all immitation meat, which is a really, really wierd concept. Surely it's better to make stuff with actual vegitables, there's never any reason to use immitation meat because stuff like beans, lentles, nuts and seeds can always be used in place of meat (they make a much tastier meal too).

One of the local farms sells kangaroo meat, in the middle of bloody cheshire! I thought it was quite strange until my mum told me it was nice etc.

I can see it being a good idea, but alot of people would be opposed as kangaroo are shown as loveable creatures.

true dat, sir.

I'm not a veggie, but I eat quite alot of vegetarian meals. Never with imitation stuff though. bleugh.

I never understand why stuff like 'Veggie Chicken' exists, surely if you want to eat chicken you should just eat the real thing? It seems like the veggie food that most people try is all immitation meat, which is a really, really wierd concept. Surely it's better to make stuff with actual vegitables, there's never any reason to use immitation meat because stuff like beans, lentles, nuts and seeds can always be used in place of meat (they make a much tastier meal too).

Because they are vegetarians because they don't agree with eating meat, but that doesn't mean they don't enjoy it. They want the taste of meat without the cruelty.

However I've tried quite a lot and I'm yet to try one that A) actually tastes like the meat that it's supposed to and B) actually tastes any good. So I agree that the other stuff can be used instead of meat and tastes nicer.

*is eating quorn right now*

I've always liked quorn and veggie stuff, it's only the very processed crap that I dislike.

but it tastes nothing like meat.

However I've tried quite a lot and I'm yet to try one that A) actually tastes like the meat that it's supposed to and B) actually tastes any good. So I agree that the other stuff can be used instead of meat and tastes nicer.

I said they wanted the taste of meat, I never said they actually got it.

Because they are vegetarians because they don't agree with eating meat, but that doesn't mean they don't enjoy it. They want the taste of meat without the cruelty.

I know, it just seems like a cop-out to me though.

Proper vegitarian food is really nice! Proper meat is really nice! Imitation crap is just, well, it's just crap!

I really want to try kangaroo now.

Wonder if any of the butchers round here have it.

I'm sure the transportation conditions are awful and would probably be considered animal cruelty, so i'd rather not encourage Brittain as a market.

No i'm not vegetarian, i've just seen a few shows lately that have shown how poorly we treat animals. They should at least be killed in a humane way and looked after until that time.

/rant

had kangaroo burgers, you can buy it from the borough market in London, its very nice. you can buy loads of different meat from there. At christmas they was selling reindeer meat aswell.

I'm sure the transportation conditions are awful and would probably be considered animal cruelty, so i'd rather not encourage Brittain as a market.

No i'm not vegetarian, i've just seen a few shows lately that have shown how poorly we treat animals. They should at least be killed in a humane way and looked after until that time.

/rant

They would either A) breed them in England or B) breed them in Australia but kill them before transporting them over.

I'm sure the transportation conditions are awful and would probably be considered animal cruelty

Yeah, pretty awful in as much as they'll be killed, cut up and packaged before transportation

But I thought kangaroos were endangered? Or maybe the number is just scarce ...?

Anyway, I wouldn't mind trying it. I think they only meat I'd never try would be cat (surprise, surprise ... ;) ), possibly neither dog.

But I thought kangaroos were endangered? Or maybe the number is just scarce ...?

Anyway, I wouldn't mind trying it. I think they only meat I'd never try would be cat (surprise, surprise ... ;) ), possibly neither dog.

If you've eaten chinese you've probably already had cat.